Parkour gameplay issue that can be fixed

G0F

First Step
Barrier blocks: they’re very overused obviously to prevent people from getting out of the map, however at several areas it really messes with a lot of jumps and takes away from the experience (especially for speed-runners, but even casual first-timers). It’s not that the barrier blocks are bad; rather, it’s the overuse of barrier blocks placed with no regard for the parkour around them. It’s a huge problem on every level, including the transitions between levels. Level 6 (Jungle) is particularly bad, and even more so the VIP levels. I’m not expecting this to be addressed by staff due to several reasons, but I personally would love to either work with a staff member or even fix this myself, as parkour is the only server I have interest in now. It really annoys me how rigid the parkour feels sometimes due to having to tip-toe around barrier blocks to get a good run.
Because of the unlikeliness of this being addressed by staff, I will list the three main options. Keep in mind that the first two options are only there to serve as points to support my third and final option. Also keep in mind that although this post may not seem most fitting in the suggestions category, I have already offered my idea to Maarten, and was told to make it a suggestion.

Option 1: Staff/Builder team addresses it themselves. (Very inconvenient and unlikely)
Parkour is a small server, and there's no way anyone can justify sending staff and builders to do something so time consuming such as inspecting an entire parkour map, editing barriers, and play-testing it. The staff team can do much better things with their time, and it just wouldn't be a good investment. When staff have better things to be doing, such a task would surely be rushed. I have seen this personally with how out-of-map glitches were handled on level 6 several years ago; more barrier blocks were placed, and although they did indeed fix the issue that allowed players to escape the map, it ultimately made the level worse because of how rushed the solution was. Players now have to beware of barrier blocks that they are unable to see.

Option 2: Staff/Builder work on the issue with my help. (Still inconvenient and unreasonable)
Although staff do not have the time to inspect every inch of the parkour map, I already have done just that. I have played through the parkour map countless times over the span of several years, and I hold the fastest speed-run time (although not recorded, others can attest to this). I know the map very well, and have spent innumerable hours practically studying the map, even to the point of flying through every level with the debug menu (F3) open to map out where barrier blocks are. I would be more than willing to work with someone to improve the gameplay of parkour. However, this is still time consuming, and there is no way to justify making a staff member spend their time in such a way. It would simply be a waste.

Option 3: Make a copy of the world download for parkour, and send it to me. (Best possible solution)
This is by far the easiest and best solution if this problem is to be addressed. Sending a copy of the world download for the parkour server not only allows the staff team to spend their time doing more productive things rather than inspecting and editing a parkour map, but it allows things to be done in the safest way possible. Asking for build permissions on the server would not be smart, and that is why this option is the easiest, most realistic, and best option. No harm can be done to the server, and no staff are required to waste time.

How can I ensure that I am trustworthy?
Although my offer requires very little trust due to it being a simple copy of the world, there is still the issue of trust in terms of the job itself. I conclude with this: I have done parkour since before sprinting was even added to the game. I am of high ranking in several difficulty-focused parkour servers, and I understand the mechanics. I can tell the difference between well-made parkour and poorly made parkour. Snapcraft's parkour has always been enjoyable, and the point of these final thoughts are not to boast my skill, but rather to praise Snapcraft for keeping the parkour server up and running, and keeping me interested in it. The fact that one such as myself who has done parkour for so long, still keeps coming back to your sever's parkour map after so many years--this should be proof enough that I am sincerely offering my help to make improvements. Please contact me about these suggestions through these forums, or by reaching me on Discord @G0F#5008

the77x7

Diamond Miner
If the suggestion gets enough support, it would like become a task for Staff members to deal with due to it being something of importance to the community. I suggest submitting screenshots or video evidence of the areas you feel need to be changed/worked on in the future. Personally, I don't play parkour much, but I do understand where you're coming from in this instance. Good luck with it being fixed though! :-D

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I agree with this idea and do think that it needs some time to be updated in some form. Parkour is another game mode on the server and is quite ignored due to its lack of popularity compared to other game modes. Also being someone from parkour in the past and friends with you I can agree you're trustworthy and have the knowledge to edit the parkour personally if given the chance as I don't feel the proper time would be given if staff is held accountable for the change for as you stated, there are other things to do and no one wants to spend time on something they're not interested in themselves.

It would be nice to see something come from this idea to improve the parkour being more enjoyable.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I agree with this idea and do think that it needs some time to be updated in some form. Parkour is another game mode on the server and is quite ignored due to its lack of popularity compared to other game modes. Also being someone from parkour in the past and friends with you I can agree you're trustworthy and have the knowledge to edit the parkour personally if given the chance as I don't feel the proper time would be given if staff is held accountable for the change for as you stated, there are other things to do and no one wants to spend time on something they're not interested in themselves.

It would be nice to see something come from this idea to improve the parkour being more enjoyable.
This ^