Perks in /Mining

Do you believe that the double drop chance should count for all the blocks in the mines?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

JohnMon

First Step
I heard that the double drop chance in /mining doesn't even work in the mines. Why is that? This is prison. Mining exp should be the exp that everyone wants. Making the double drop (and triple drop with super breaker) chance work with all blocks in the mines would give people more to work for. It would also help the server get more money, for the more people want mining levels, the more they will want to buy them in /buy. Also, even I feel a little bored and cheated now. I now see it pointless to plot mine because the mining levels it gives does nothing beneficial. Please give this a try. It will not only help the server with money, but also make the game more fun. Thank you.
-JohnMon_

Last edited:

Jeepers1

Gold Miner
Hi, I understand that just from looking at it, due to the double drop not being enabled you're missing out on lots of free items which would make people happier. However, in practicality, when you're using a fortune, explosive 10 pickaxe, you don't notice when the odd ore block drops twice the amount of items.

If there were less god pickaxes or less slicers, I would definitely ask for this to be implemented also. As it is, however, I feel Prison is overpowered enough without the 2x or 3x droprates the mcmmo plugin offers.

OP
OP
J

JohnMon

First Step
Hi, I understand that just from looking at it, due to the double drop not being enabled you're missing out on lots of free items which would make people happier. However, in practicality, when you're using a fortune, explosive 10 pickaxe, you don't notice when the odd ore block drops twice the amount of items.

If there were less god pickaxes or less slicers, I would definitely ask for this to be implemented also. As it is, however, I feel Prison is overpowered enough without the 2x or 3x droprates the mcmmo plugin offers.
I know what you are saying, but could there not be a way around it? Like, it could be made that the block has to be broken to get 2 or 3x, not exploded/sliced. And again, it is nice to have something to go for in the mcmmo. But even if the double drop doesn't work, why not increase super breaker length? You only get like 13 seconds at level 500. Like maybe make it so every 10 levels gets +1 second. This could make it more realistic for one to make a decent pick, being able to insta break, on their own.

Jeepers1

Gold Miner
There are always ways around it, but for the amount of coding/bug testing required, I just don't see this being added to this season's prison server. Maybe next time!

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I mean in theory it’s a good idea but as jeepers said, in practicality it wouldn’t really work