Added Prison PVP- Redstone Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG_Dem0liton

First Step
I just wanted to take some time to suggest the removal of Redstone from the PVP mine, from my experience as an avid PVP-er I have seen both sides of the bugs that have occurred in PVP mostly due to Redstone ore blocks. Redstone as a resource is extremely abundant and taking it out from the PVP arena would be harmless, as you can get it in most mines on the server. In terms of the issues it causes, the gapple glitch, which is a term that is thrown around a lot, but I have found that if you try to eat a gapple whilst standing on a Redstone, it glitches out and doesn't allow you to eat. I'm sure you can imagine this is extremely frustrating. Also, potions, if you are trying to drop a splash potion while pvping, good luck because since there is so much restone everywhere if you by chance throw a potion on a Redstone the effects won't work, or the potion just will not throw. Lastly, the wither and Redstone combo, this one is the worst, if you get the withering effect from a sword or axe and are currently on a restone ore, it acts like quicksand and glitches you into the block, you cannot move, you cannot jump, mine, eat, or anything until you die, or unitl people stop hitting you and your withering effect wears off. Please take some time to look into this issue, and hopefully, the removal of restone from the pvp mine is the end result here, this would mitigate a ton of other issues on top of the ones I mentioned above.

_Tucker_

Tree Puncher
I agree with this and want to mention some more bugs with red-stone ore. As people play in newer versions of Minecraft the red-stone ore is a interactive block. As the world edit region of spawn does not have interaction with blocks turned off, due to the enchant and smelting areas here, you are able to interact with the red-stone ore making them light up. When interacting with the blocks you cannot do any of the following:

1.Use mcmmo abilities. These include things like skull splitter, serrated strikes, and super breaker.

2.Use potions of any kind this includes splash and drinkable.

3.Use a bow or block hit with your sword. Block hitting is a common type of pvp method in which you click the left and right mouse buttons at the same time.

4.Eating food of any type. While looking at these blocks you cannot eat enchanted golden apples or any type of item that gives you saturation.

5.As mentioned above when given a debuff such as wither from a custom enchant on a sword or axe while standing on the red stone blocks you will be glitched into that block.

Please keep in mind that when testing this you have to be in a higher version of Minecraft as in older versions you cannot interact with these blocks.

OP
OP
O

OG_Dem0liton

First Step
Remember bug reports can go here: https://snapcraft.net/support-tickets/open under 'bug reports'
I understand that, the intent of this thread was less of a bug report and more towards the edge of a suggestion that could prevent multiple bugs, and make the game more enjoyable for players. I can see how there is kind of a grayscale between the two here, I just opened a ticket as you suggested, thank you for your time !

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
This is more of a suggestion as it isn’t a necessity as it only effects players in certain versions I think this could go under either. You would know better though being a former staff member though.
Ahh okie, fair point - my bad :-P:)

Last edited:

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I understand that, the intent of this thread was less of a bug report and more towards the edge of a suggestion that could prevent multiple bugs, and make the game more enjoyable for players. I can see how there is kind of a grayscale between the two here, I just opened a ticket as you suggested, thank you for your time !
I see :) Sounds good

Status
Not open for further replies.