Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
I am curious if the Schematica Mod is a violation of the Snapcraft rules?
Schematica will not give a player any kind of technical advantage that is unfair.

What is it?
Schematica mod allows you to build an entire structure or creation in singleplayer, then load it into a server world without placing any blocks. Schematica loads a ghost image that you can then use as a blueprint to follow as you build on a server. Schematica allows you to work out little issues in a singleplayer world rather than waist time and resources on a server world solving problems in a build.

Where Is it?
Schematica is a mod that can be found on a number of mod download sites.
Here is one:
Link Removed Untill a Mod weighs in on the issue.
It is a reputable mod with no tactical or technical cheat or advantage over other players. It is just a way to make blue prints that can be followed on a server world.

The main question: "is Schematica allowed on Snapcraft?"

_P_

Gold Miner
Well i worked with schematics a lot in the past. Like I made stuff in single player indeed and we uploaded it to a server...

However, with this you can also add other stuff you find on the internet.
This means very little control. People might take stuff from others while there is no consent and this could be bad I believe for a server...
I have seen it before where people lash on a place because they have other people's builds everywhere...
Not only that, people could just start uploading massive structures and spamming the system.

I know for a fact that it does require some ressources to use properly (pc hardware wise)
I multiple people started using it at the same time there would quite a lot of server lag.

In short: sounds great, doesn't work... I see it as a staff only tool. ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.