Added Remove/block invisibility potions [Survival]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiNumberOne

First Step
Ah... the game of survival: what is supposed to be a peaceful, community-based vanilla-esque survival experience. However, there's one big issue: griefers and trolls. I have seen tons of people getting their bases stolen from, griefed, or also get killed by people who decide to destroy the survival experience for everyone. These people do not care about the community and are there to just reap benefits just for themselves at the demise of everyone else.

One big issue is invisibility, since it's cheap on /shop (removing the brewing time/ingredient collecting process - still not that slow, too), and lets them essentially hide from plain sight. A lot of people, including me, have gotten griefed by or killed by these trolls who want nothing else than to ruin everything. They first try and act innocent, and ask to tpa to you or see your base (this is similar to how real-life scammers scam people), and then either kill you or grief everything.

With invisibility, they can grief without being seen or just kill everyone, making getting rid of them a true pain for the victims of the wrath of the trolls. It's hard to get evidence too this way, since toggling on visible hitboxes doesn't show the ones of invisible players, and they don't show their usernames either. The only real way is to combat tag them, but even that is hard since they could easily just hide somewhere, where you would never check.

I propose that invisiblity is completely removed and blocked on the Snapcraft survival server. While they might have some benefits, they benefit trolls and griefers far too much and are a growing pain on survival. They blot the survival experience by destroying people's hard work (both their structures and builds, and their hard-earned items) and also being a nuisance. To remove invisibility is to lower the threat of griefers and trolls, making the survival experience better for everyone. Nobody likes people who live just to ruin people's lives or create emotional stress (nobody likes having their stuff that they spent hours upon hours working on being stolen or broken), so why should we benefit their cause?

Survival was never intended to allow griefers and trolls, and removing invisibility will firm the grip on these experience-ruining players to improve the survival experience and to let people finally enjoy the survival experience without worrying about invisible trolls waiting to kill them or grief their base.

Even though sponge regions help protect your areas and prevent PvP, it is very expensive for early-mid game players and the convoluted "overlap" system makes it so it is very hard to protect your region perfectly. Every day I have to worry about if a troll or griefer is going to try and kill me or grief areas around my base, and it creates a lot of stress that survival is not supposed to create.

Every second you spend is not supposed to be a stress-filled cautious moment, but rather time where you can enjoy survival with your friends, celebrate victories with your community, and have true enjoyment. Removing invisibility will benefit us all in the long run, and will at least be a step in the right direction to purging griefing and trolling from the survival experience.

Thank you for reading this, and until next time.
- Noodlesticks

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I agree with some of these !

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
I’d say, if possible just have it enabled in the end where people pvp and have it disable anywhere else. Once you leave the end it goes away.

Deadly_k1tten

Stone Miner
Staff member
Helper
I do agree that removing invisibility for players would help prevent some griefing - but there are other issues that griefers can use - such as homes in your regions/outside your region. Adding some sponge settings may fix this.

Examples could include toggling fly for visitors, changing the height that sponges protect as most griefers place lava and water buckets above and out of radius of the protection sponge, and inverting the pvp setting - have it toggled off initially rather than on.

Regarding the turning off pvp - for new players - you can group your sponges together in a group using /ps g addregion [group name] [region name] - this allows for a one time cost of 15,000 rather than that cost per sponge.

Status
Not open for further replies.