/report Idea

EmPlayzMC

Stone Miner
So I have been really wanting there to be a /report command so that all staff will be notified. This would be a great idea because:
1. You wouldn't need to leave your game to notify staff
2. You don't need to record a hacker and you don't need to wait a long time for the hacker to be Banned.

How the command would work:
1. If a player saw someone hacking they would do /report (Name) and (Type of hack)
2.Then when a player does that all staff members would get notified every time a player does this...

Then I'm sure their would be some people abusing the command in which the staff members can decide what the punishment would be. I personally think it should be a mute but that's up to the staff members to decide on.

Please you suggestions on this command in the description and thanks for reading! :-D

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
/Report is a command that gets abused 90% of the time which is why it's a bad idea. Sure you can punish the player who abuse it but then it would just take longer for staff to actually get a hold of a player that's actually hacking. (I know this from experience)
The command takes about just as much time as actually get a hold of a staff member or open up a support ticket due to everyone would use it because they're mad cause they got killed by someone in example Earthgames.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
My opinion: the support ticket system is much more reliable than a simplistic command.
For the fact the support ticket system demands proof, I would rather follow up on that than having to deal with complaints.

If it mattered, I would imagine that only the players who take the situation seriously will report the matter.

Depression

Gold Miner
Maybe only give the permission to use this /report command to certain players who have proven to have been able to successfully report hackers and can maintain for example, atleast a 50% accuracy rating? This would mean that only players who have done certain things such as successfully reported players in the past for breaking the rules, etc. It would avoid it being spammed with nonsense (atleast I hope) and would still help a lot as players who think somebody is cheating but who wouldn't have this permission would still be able to message somebody who does have this permission and ask them to /report if for them if they also think that the player is cheating.

KA0SDestroyer

Gold Miner
Maybe only give the permission to use this /report command to certain players who have proven to have been able to successfully report hackers and can maintain for example, atleast a 50% accuracy rating? This would mean that only players who have done certain things such as successfully reported players in the past for breaking the rules, etc. It would avoid it being spammed with nonsense (atleast I hope) and would still help a lot as players who think somebody is cheating but who wouldn't have this permission would still be able to message somebody who does have this permission and ask them to /report if for them if they also think that the player is cheating.
Maybe there should be a mini helper or whatever you want call it. They are not a staff member but they have /report.

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Maybe only give the permission to use this /report command to certain players who have proven to have been able to successfully report hackers and can maintain for example, atleast a 50% accuracy rating? This would mean that only players who have done certain things such as successfully reported players in the past for breaking the rules
Maybe there should be a mini helper or whatever you want call it. They are not a staff member but they have /report.

I legit do not see the purpose of /report if only a few is allowed to use it. And how would that work? You think the owner would waste his time to give loads of people access when they can take 5 mins off their playtime to report on the forums? Like they are now? And how would they "prove" that they can report someone successfully, cause they can 100% abuse the command just like everyone else could. There's staff for a reason and there's support ticket for a reason.