reset

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
There's none planned at the moment, a server is usually up and running for a good year or more. Depending on how it looks in-game.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
From what I see, reset is nothing too big. It doesn't reset your items or progress or anything.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
From what I see, reset is nothing too big. It doesn't reset your items or progress or anything.
A reset removes everything and possibly adds/removes things, new maps etc... A restart that happens every couple of hours doesn’t do anything but reducing lag.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
They clear all of your builds, balances, enderchests, player vaults, etc. It's a fresh start but ranks are not lost.
A reset removes everything and possibly adds/removes things, new maps etc... A restart that happens every couple of hours doesn’t do anything but reducing lag.
Nothing happened to me when the reset started. Is that supposed to be right?

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
It probably did. Resets are not the same as restarts. Restarts occur every 10ish hours (/restart time). Resets are when we clear all player data, have a fresh map for our players to concur and new features are added to the game. As already mentioned above, ranks are not lost during a reset.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Nothing happened to me when the reset started. Is that supposed to be right?
A reset means that every item for every player gets removed, the world gets reloaded so no builds are currently existing other than prebuilt ones. Like skyblock for example, reset a while ago, new spawn, pvp area, different plugins etc. everyone has to restart everything, a fair start for everyone including new people.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
A reset means that every item for every player gets removed, the world gets reloaded so no builds are currently existing other than prebuilt ones. Like skyblock for example, reset a while ago, new spawn, pvp area, different plugins etc. everyone has to restart everything, a fair start for everyone including new people.

Okay thanks, I was just saying that every time a restart occurs to me, nothing happens to my account (I know my rank doesn't reset). But I get what you are saying. Thanks for your explanation!