Silk Touch Spawners

nororox13

First Step
I think in snapcraft factions being able to break and get the spawner with a silk touch would really improve the game overall

A

Account404

That would make them way to easy to get, the best factions would have tonnes of them in one place. Also, you can purchase them on the store which is another reason it wont happen. But, I see exactly why you would want that, but, it's not to be.

OP
OP
nororox13

nororox13

First Step
what is so bad about having so many spawners it would just make it more fun and no one buys spawners in the shop anyway there way overpriced

Reeive

Zombie Killer
personally I would like it so u could mine them on survival server with these requirements: MUST have an eff 4 unbreak 3 silktouch 1 diamond pickaxe, must pay [# of snapcoins ] to mine each spawner (so x-ray hackers cant get them all at once :-P), and must protect the spawner with a sponge first. good suggestion? :3

Alemence

Gold Miner
Alright, so you want silk touch spawners? Off the top of my head the answer is no. A: because Lozl is right. The best factions would have everyone equipped with silk picks and send them out hunting to beat everyone else to the spawners, it'd be a madhouse rush to get as many as you can. What then? you set them up for automation, so you end up with a mob spawn box that has zombies skellies and blazes all in one hole, meaning easy xp /bones/flesh/rods. What do you do with these rewards? xp goes into armor/weapons, bones turn into cash, and rods means infinite str pots + extra cash again. So what happens on down the line? You get lazy, your faction base is op, and no one wants to pvp because you can do it all day no problem. So take a guess as to what happens then? You get bored, and we all know what happens when people get bored.

Look, I get where you're coming from, it would be an awesome idea IN THEORY. But we have to look past the theories and look into application. I've played on silk touch servers and its just god awful what it does to the economy, not just how it affects the playerbase's interest in the game. I'm amazed enough as is that we have spawners in the webshop, and they're justly priced based on what they grant for factions. If we were to make them even more accessible through whatever means, you could expect the economy to outright fall off the map. The items we have in the shop now are hard thought through and are there for a reason, adding something new means we have to completely rework the economy to compensate.

Hopefully by now, you'll realize exactly what we have to go through with changes to our server, not just with adding this specific plugin, but changes as a whole affecting the server and how it works. Maybe if more consideration were brought into these sorts of things, we wouldn't have so many off the wall posts about it.

Jaide Hellspur

Skeleton Slayer
Freely available spawners in factions would be too op. First of all all the x-rayer's would find them before everyone who would be able to obtain them legitimately. Yes, they are in the webshop, but you would be paying a premium to get one.

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner
I definitely would like to see them added in Survival though.

A

Account404

I definitely would like to see them added in Survival though.
I see your point in that, although that has not close to the amount of problems having them on Factions does, people with x-ray hacks would all go searching for them, and that would even encourage people to download hacked clients. Once people find them, they would have way too many, and if they go afk for a bit, it wont take long for those to cause server lag. Hence why I'm against the current techniques people use to get XP. Also why I kick people who are afk in the XP farm at spawn. Because it can just cause problems.

Reeive

Zombie Killer
I see your point in that, although that has not close to the amount of problems having them on Factions does, people with x-ray hacks would all go searching for them, and that would even encourage people to download hacked clients. Once people find them, they would have way too many, and if they go afk for a bit, it wont take long for those to cause server lag. Hence why I'm against the current techniques people use to get XP. Also why I kick people who are afk in the XP farm at spawn. Because it can just cause problems.
mhm

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner

But we already have that problem with gold and iron farms.

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner
Where?