Sky-High Costing Token Repair Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxAwesomePlayzxX

Tree Puncher
I was on then and asked Dudeman how I could repair my pickaxe without an anvil. My pick was just an Eff5 For4 Unb3 with a bunch of low levelled custom enchants. I looked at the price and my eyes popped out, 4k? I asked some of the top players in Prison, and they said their sword took 2.1b, one of them said their pickaxes were just put in one side and they had to make another one cuz the prices were just stupidly high. Could there be a fix to these costly repair? I understand better picks might need more tokens, but 2.1b is just too crazy (It costs 94,447.5 USD to buy that much tokens even at the cheapest). So I speak out for all the players in Prison, might we please have a cheaper repairing system? Alternatively, we can use money instead of tokens, or use both at the same time for players to choose. Thanks very much for reviewing this!!!

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Use exp and diamonds to repair. It's prisons, its meant to be expensive.

SoLoM

Iron Miner
Get mending books. You'll find they do wonders!
and what if i told you that you cant get mending books?
Mending books can be obtained by fishing,only on vanilla
but in mcmmo fishing, you cant get mending books :)
so,the only way to fix Pickaxes is either use the repair sign which 0.1% of fixing = 200 tokens, so 1%=2000 Tokens and 100%= 200,000 Tokens, The only way to get that is by buying tokens from the store.
And the second way is using anvil, Keep in mind that after 7 Repairs, you cant fix the pickaxe anymore because the anvil will refuse saying ''TOO EXPINSIVE''

Dynamic__

First Step
Get mending books. You'll find they do wonders!
So this topic does get me heated because I have a god pick myself and it annoys me how I cant repair it, like any other prison server. In terms of mending, I tried to buy a zombie spawner to purify zombie villagers but there's two problems with this method:
  • One villager zombies don't spawn from the spawner due to the plugin that spawns the stacked mobs, or due to the version that the server is running.
  • Two you cant brew splash potions to make splash potions of weakness.
What we are saying is that both fishing and zombie villagers aren't able to acquire mending books on the server. So this means that people have to pay hundreds of thousands of enchantment tokens to repair their pickaxes. I don't get this model as it makes the server completely pay to win and almost impossible for a normal player to advance without watching ads for a week straight. There's plenty of ways that you can add different ways to repair your pick and I took some time to brainstorm a few:
  • Swapping the token essentials repair signs for in game currency (maybe something like 500k-1mil to repair a pick idk)
    • Or make the price cheaper for a maze/parkour to get to the repair sign
  • Add a /fix or /repair command for donors on a cooldown (or make it a command only to purchase in the shop)
  • Lower the price to repair a pick with tokens (maybe somewhere around 300 tokens possibly)
  • Add mending books somehow (/shop or add the ability to get villagers and breed them on your plot)
  • Add the ability to use a sign to repair a pick with EXP levels (maybe 30 to repair any durability of an item)
  • Maybe add some sort of repair gem that you can acquire from the web shop or some of the crates obtainable through vanilla play
  • Make pickaxes not lose durability at all
A lot of people are begging for some way to repair their pickaxes, and if any staff read this please consider some sort of way to do so because to repair my god pick for example I would have to pay 100usd at full price in tokens which makes no sense at all.

SoLoM

Iron Miner
So this topic does get me heated because I have a god pick myself and it annoys me how I cant repair it, like any other prison server. In terms of mending, I tried to buy a zombie spawner to purify zombie villagers but there's two problems with this method:
  • One villager zombies don't spawn from the spawner due to the plugin that spawns the stacked mobs, or due to the version that the server is running.
  • Two you cant brew splash potions to make splash potions of weakness.
What we are saying is that both fishing and zombie villagers aren't able to acquire mending books on the server. So this means that people have to pay hundreds of thousands of enchantment tokens to repair their pickaxes. I don't get this model as it makes the server completely pay to win and almost impossible for a normal player to advance without watching ads for a week straight. There's plenty of ways that you can add different ways to repair your pick and I took some time to brainstorm a few:
  • Swapping the token essentials repair signs for in game currency (maybe something like 500k-1mil to repair a pick idk)
    • Or make the price cheaper for a maze/parkour to get to the repair sign
  • Add a /fix or /repair command for donors on a cooldown (or make it a command only to purchase in the shop)
  • Lower the price to repair a pick with tokens (maybe somewhere around 300 tokens possibly)
  • Add mending books somehow (/shop or add the ability to get villagers and breed them on your plot)
  • Add the ability to use a sign to repair a pick with EXP levels (maybe 30 to repair any durability of an item)
  • Maybe add some sort of repair gem that you can acquire from the web shop or some of the crates obtainable through vanilla play
  • Make pickaxes not lose durability at all
A lot of people are begging for some way to repair their pickaxes, and if any staff read this please consider some sort of way to do so because to repair my god pick for example I would have to pay 100usd at full price in tokens which makes no sense at all.
Thanks for those ideas, i have the same frausting situation, i bought a maxed god pickaxe and i cant fix it, i didnt buy the pick to rankup from a to h, i bought it because i thought it will be a lifetime pick and i can fix it like any other server.

Status
Not open for further replies.