Not open for further replies.

iFlyYT

Tree Puncher
Minecraft Username:
iFlyYT​

Suggestion's Title
Stronger rules, stronger community​

Suggestion Details
The Discord server NEEDS offenses. There needs to be a fine line where it says what is punishable and what is not. A verbal warning is what a user received today for discrimination, something that has been an issue in all communities and should not be tackled so lightly.​

How could this idea help improve Snapcraft?
I'm not sure on what else to say, I spoke to an admin of the server about the issue, and asked a few questions, and they've stated they have never had an issue with it and whilst that may be the case, there is many flaws to it. Lets say a staff member has an issue with what you did, like verbal warning and they'd do it a different action. What would happen? I heard nothing much, just a talk but disagreement will occur no matter what, even if it's not said or seen which could affect relations with staff members (to each other, meaning one staff member might think the other is too nice or strict).

It may also stop thoughts on being biased. If you had banned one person for something and your friend did something very very similar but just a little different and got a verbal warning, people may call out that being abuse or the staff member being biased. I'm not saying that anyone is being biased but it would stop some negativity,

I personally like my idea better, of actual offenses and sometimes punishing off your own sense is reasonable however for an actual business, it's not ideal.

Your community is planned to stand a while and to actually make money from it, a community is something that people look for. A server with 10 players is gonna make less than a server with 100, even if those 10 players were the one who donated on the server with the 100 most. A server that stops players being toxic may make more money than a server that doesn't stop them from being toxic (if players the same), of course, it can go the other way. This is a business and because of that, it needs rules and strict ones. Ones that should be done almost by the letter, perhaps allow some staff ranks to bypass it (on certain conditions, not all the time and for good reasons) but this isn't a community server simply for friends and family. It should be a bit more, no offense, professional.​

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Guarde and I have looked over the rules and perms for discord and changes has been made and will soon be put into use.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.