Declined Suggestion: Add [AFK] "TAB LIST"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyBagels

Tree Puncher
It would be nice to see this feature, to see who is active and who is not. For say, if you go AFK, don't move or talk for 10 minutes or something like that, In the TAB list, it'll add [AFK] before your rank.

Example:
[SKYGOD] JoeyBagels13

[AFK] [SKYGOD] JoeyBagels13

RyRy__

Zombie Killer
Decent idea,

However, tab lists usually uses vault permissions, meaning it uses display names from the permissions config, AFK is a feature with essentials and for essentials to tie into tablists for me is unheard of. Even so, if this was possible it would make the tablist look horrible because names will be too long, but thats just my opinion. if there was a way for it to be optimised well i couldnt see why this wouldnt be a good idea.

Maybe like a command to suggest a player is afk, nothing to show in tab list but a command instead, adding something complex to tab would be hard.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Most tablists I have heard of use Placeholders so there probably is a way to do this, and I do like the idea if indeed it is possible

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I feel like something similar has been suggested before already tbh lol

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I personally would love this idea of putting "[AFK]" in the tab. If that isn't possible, then there is always the possibility of a chat message. The only problem I see with this is that the chat could get unnecessarily spammed. In that case, maybe this could be another feature that only ranked players have access to.
upload_2021-2-23_10-46-20.png

Last edited:

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I personally would love this idea of putting "[AFK]" in the tab. If that isn't possible, then there is always the possibility of a chat message. The only problem I see with this is that the chat could get unnecessarily spammed. In that case, maybe this could be another feature that only ranked players have access to.
View attachment 6275
The chat message can be disabled, so that wouldn’t be an issue

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The chat message can be disabled, so that wouldn’t be an issue
That's why I suggested only ranked players have access to it - Reduces spam

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I don't think it would be needed for it to be in tab nor announcing in chat for everyone. Possibly adding a /afk command and making it so when a player tries to /msg you it states you're afk sounds interesting to me

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I don't think it would be needed for it to be in tab nor announcing in chat for everyone. Possibly adding a /afk command and making it so when a player tries to /msg you it states you're afk sounds interesting to me
I really like this idea. Maybe the statement message could also be triggered if someone mentions your name in normal chat.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
This ^. I've always said a /afk feature could be cool for players, however it's always been the message that comes up in chat that I thought may be an issue with regards to spam. I don't think that as said above that it should be a command just for donors, donors would abuse it just as much as non-ranks would lol. But yeah, something where if you try to message them and it states they're afk or haven't been around for 10 minutes would be a great addition!

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
This ^. I've always said a /afk feature could be cool for players, however it's always been the message that comes up in chat that I thought may be an issue with regards to spam. I don't think that as said above that it should be a command just for donors, donors would abuse it just as much as non-ranks would lol. But yeah, something where if you try to message them and it states they're afk or haven't been around for 10 minutes would be a great addition!
This ^

Status
Not open for further replies.