The future of Snapcraft

The future of Snapcraft

Hello Snapcrafters,

We, @voodootje0 and @Gunfire , will be joining Snapcraft as the new owners!

To tell you a bit about us. Both of us have owned servers for more than 5 years, and with this experience, we are confident we will be able to make the most of Snapcraft. With over eight dedicated developers on our team, we believe we can do something great with snapcraft. Like the previous owners, we are Dutch, which means that we are from an EU time zone, but we are happy to talk or answer any questions and concerns you may have.

Our goal in taking ownership of the server is to revamp the network. It is no secret that Snapcraft has not had many updates or new features for quite some time, which has played a significant role in a decline in its number of players over the past several months. This is something we are hoping to change by fixing all the current issues with the servers, introducing resets, new content, and much more!

The next few weeks will be spent working to update the servers that are currently running on to add our own versions, in order to assist us in getting this process started. There may be a few changes to some features or commands as we make this transition, but it is nothing to worry about at all! (Please report anything that you find is broken, or that is not working correctly, to us, so that we will be able to get the problem fixed as soon as possible.)

What will happen to Snapcraft?
We are currently waiting to move all the servers onto our own dedicated servers, once we get everything transferred, we will start working on making updates/plans/ideas. Our first step is to ask if anything needs to be changed and to hear what needs to be updated. In addition to staff members, we would like to hear from the community as well. What they think should be added or changed. Soon after we determine what needs changed, we will begin work on it.

This is the current plan, if you have any suggestions/ideas or anything else feel free to let us know.

We have faith that SnapCraft will become a great server with lots of new exciting things to look forward to!

I would also like to note that all purchases made on the server prior to the purchase will continue to be supported and nobody will lose any ranks!

Hi and welcome to our new overlords.
Will we still have access to the gems (worth store credit) we've earned and any unused store giftcards that we already have after updates/resets etc?
Trev

I am glad to hear that snapcraft has a bright future! I am an "veteran" snapcrafter, but has been away last years because I got kids. (you never get to old. Lol) when I am less busy I am looking forward for gaming again!

Doubt there will be a future. The new owners barely communicate with their players. The server has been having insane issues for the past week. It's nearly impossible to play KitPvP/Skyblock.

Issues take a few weeks, if not months to resolve. In worst case scenario, they do not get fixed at all.
Crazy how people still show support after months of being neglected.

The owners acquired snapcraft less than a week ago
Doubt there will be a future. The new owners barely communicate with their players. The server has been having insane issues for the past week. It's nearly impossible to play KitPvP/Skyblock.

Issues take a few weeks, if not months to resolve. In worst case scenario, they do not get fixed at all.
Crazy how people still show support after months of being neglected.

Looking good for the future the game mode prison pvp has been broken for almost 6 months know I think it is due to prison game mode being 1.17 I think you should change the version back to 1.8 and keep everyone stuff this will make the pvp better and more people will start to play it again and change the slay out of pvp

The future of Snapcraft

Hello Snapcrafters,

We, @voodootje0 and @Gunfire , will be joining Snapcraft as the new owners!

To tell you a bit about us. Both of us have owned servers for more than 5 years, and with this experience, we are confident we will be able to make the most of Snapcraft. With over eight dedicated developers on our team, we believe we can do something great with snapcraft. Like the previous owners, we are Dutch, which means that we are from an EU time zone, but we are happy to talk or answer any questions and concerns you may have.

Our goal in taking ownership of the server is to revamp the network. It is no secret that Snapcraft has not had many updates or new features for quite some time, which has played a significant role in a decline in its number of players over the past several months. This is something we are hoping to change by fixing all the current issues with the servers, introducing resets, new content, and much more!

The next few weeks will be spent working to update the servers that are currently running on to add our own versions, in order to assist us in getting this process started. There may be a few changes to some features or commands as we make this transition, but it is nothing to worry about at all! (Please report anything that you find is broken, or that is not working correctly, to us, so that we will be able to get the problem fixed as soon as possible.)

What will happen to Snapcraft?
We are currently waiting to move all the servers onto our own dedicated servers, once we get everything transferred, we will start working on making updates/plans/ideas. Our first step is to ask if anything needs to be changed and to hear what needs to be updated. In addition to staff members, we would like to hear from the community as well. What they think should be added or changed. Soon after we determine what needs changed, we will begin work on it.

This is the current plan, if you have any suggestions/ideas or anything else feel free to let us know.

We have faith that SnapCraft will become a great server with lots of new exciting things to look forward to!

I would also like to note that all purchases made on the server prior to the purchase will continue to be supported and nobody will lose any ranks!
So if there will be resets, does that mean all of my claims and buildings in Survival will be gone??? :-( I didn’t know about this until a friend told me and I just finished a house I’m really proud of.