The Help From A Miserable New Player Qaq

OpticUniversse

Zombie Killer
Okay, you bought the game. Awesome. Now, you need to install it onto your computer to be able to play Minecraft with other players and/or alone, in a large world, without anyone to protect you, monst... nevermind. I don't want to scare anyone today.

Windows:
LINUX download instructions: see 4
MAC download instructions: see 4

1. Go to http://www.minecraft.net/
The page you go to should look relative to this one:

78ce688421d249d64d1ed7bcb3948b14.png

2. Once you're on Minecraft's main page, press the button 'Download it here'
This button will be under the picture of Steve, a pig and a white sheep. Looks relative to this:
eda0a59534edb02b67a2507cb9ca88e1.png

3. You should arrive at a screen that looks like this image.
9e61ff47afa24d4f4ddf9df066e99ee2.png

Press Minecraft.msi or Minecraft.exe, depending on whether you rather an installer or no. I usually use minecraft.exe when I install it on new computers just because I like the older ways best. The new updates can be buggy, msi messed up my sister's computer and I had to do tons of work on it. However, it doesn't matter which you use for most operating systems with Windows.

4. (LINUX/MAC only)
Do steps 1 and 2 the same way that you do them for the Windows version.
However, this time you will click a small text that looks like this:
3bdb0957f7ad729db717f4619a27890f.png

When you've clicked it, you'll see this included with the other two items:
8a8355971cdcd0a9ffa0c11b0659fdda.png

Just click the one that is below your system (eg. if you run Mac OS X, click minecraft.dmg) and it should download simply and easily.

Next step: Logging in

Logging in can be tricky for the simple fact that you need to enter EMAIL, not username unless you purchased Minecraft a long time ago.

Open the Minecraft launcher

7df11efa0ca776af03c63d8848ff746c.png

Just enter your EMAIL and Minecraft password and press the 'Log In' button, as shown below.
(The email I entered is not my Minecraft email, don't even think about trying to steal my account.)
f24a813a987eb13637da8b473edce8b5.png

Once you've logged in, you should end up here. Just press play, and you'll be instantly warped into the wonderful (and addicting) world of Minecraft.
5c3951ebbe3dbdafbc6409cd4365eec4.png

Choosing a Gamemode can totally alter your gameplay to the type you enjoy most. Whether you like playing with friends and meeting new people, or just have a private world with your family, depends on which you will choose.
Singleplayer is only you and people on your LAN (local access network) can connect.
Multiplayer is where you play publicly with people across the world. Snapcraft is Multiplayer.
bebc30021bc5442794031eabd8d2b20d.png

Now, for the final part: Logging into Snapcraft.
Just enter the IP below under either 'Add server' or 'Direct Connect' and you'll be able to join whenever you want.
5c438bada8b411502e090cb872c29b05.png

(if that IP doesn't work, try mc.snapcraft.net.)

Well, I truly do hope Snapcraft is fun for you, and I helped you out on your future addiction to minecraft, tsk tsk.
Have fun, and welcome to Snapcraft in advance.

~Discussions

Epicme

First Step
Hey discussions you should know me from kitpvp :-P
Btw Nice Tutorial lol
I never knew you were iEmerald

Mrcow

Stone Miner
Okay, you bought the game. Awesome. Now, you need to install it onto your computer to be able to play Minecraft with other players and/or alone, in a large world, without anyone to protect you, monst... nevermind. I don't want to scare anyone today.

Windows:
LINUX download instructions: see 4
MAC download instructions: see 4

1. Go to http://www.minecraft.net/
The page you go to should look relative to this one:

78ce688421d249d64d1ed7bcb3948b14.png

2. Once you're on Minecraft's main page, press the button 'Download it here'
This button will be under the picture of Steve, a pig and a white sheep. Looks relative to this:
eda0a59534edb02b67a2507cb9ca88e1.png

3. You should arrive at a screen that looks like this image.
9e61ff47afa24d4f4ddf9df066e99ee2.png

Press Minecraft.msi or Minecraft.exe, depending on whether you rather an installer or no. I usually use minecraft.exe when I install it on new computers just because I like the older ways best. The new updates can be buggy, msi messed up my sister's computer and I had to do tons of work on it. However, it doesn't matter which you use for most operating systems with Windows.

4. (LINUX/MAC only)
Do steps 1 and 2 the same way that you do them for the Windows version.
However, this time you will click a small text that looks like this:
3bdb0957f7ad729db717f4619a27890f.png

When you've clicked it, you'll see this included with the other two items:
8a8355971cdcd0a9ffa0c11b0659fdda.png

Just click the one that is below your system (eg. if you run Mac OS X, click minecraft.dmg) and it should download simply and easily.

Next step: Logging in

Logging in can be tricky for the simple fact that you need to enter EMAIL, not username unless you purchased Minecraft a long time ago.

Open the Minecraft launcher

7df11efa0ca776af03c63d8848ff746c.png

Just enter your EMAIL and Minecraft password and press the 'Log In' button, as shown below.
(The email I entered is not my Minecraft email, don't even think about trying to steal my account.)
f24a813a987eb13637da8b473edce8b5.png

Once you've logged in, you should end up here. Just press play, and you'll be instantly warped into the wonderful (and addicting) world of Minecraft.
5c3951ebbe3dbdafbc6409cd4365eec4.png

Choosing a Gamemode can totally alter your gameplay to the type you enjoy most. Whether you like playing with friends and meeting new people, or just have a private world with your family, depends on which you will choose.
Singleplayer is only you and people on your LAN (local access network) can connect.
Multiplayer is where you play publicly with people across the world. Snapcraft is Multiplayer.
bebc30021bc5442794031eabd8d2b20d.png

Now, for the final part: Logging into Snapcraft.
Just enter the IP below under either 'Add server' or 'Direct Connect' and you'll be able to join whenever you want.
5c438bada8b411502e090cb872c29b05.png

(if that IP doesn't work, try mc.snapcraft.net.)

Well, I truly do hope Snapcraft is fun for you, and I helped you out on your future addiction to minecraft, tsk tsk.
Have fun, and welcome to Snapcraft in advance.

~Discussions
What Emerald said ^ xD