The Minecraft Community.

Twak

Gold Miner
Hello.

I made this thread just to show how toxic and bad the community really is. When i play minecraft I want to see people treating people with respect and just to have a good time. Now, im not saying snapcraft has a toxic community. Im just saying Minecraft in general.

Lets start with PvP.
PvP can be played in 1v1 2v2 and in teams. When i play kitpvp I see Donators and non donators shaming people for not being good. Saying "Get rekt skrub" or "lol noob". It just sucks. It makes new players quit and makes them feel bad.And how new players are constantly getting killed my diamond gangs. I also want to add how bad hackers ruin the games :/

Now lets go to Survival/Factions.
Factions i can understand is very competitive. So lets just skip that I geuss.
But in Survival new players dont know how things work. As they ask Players they say "Lol no noob" It's just terrible.

Earthgames is ruined by hackers. That's all

And Creative. I wounldt really think creative is a bad place. The RPers are RPing.? The builders are building. Add the ranks are "shouting". But trust apparently is not a popular thing. Greifers and spammers just take the fun out of it all.

I really want people to notice how badly this affects Minecraft and snapcraft itself.

That is all.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
um I've seen so much worse on other servers, where they cuss and say so much more mean sheet that on this server, would probably make someone actually cry, I agree it's not the most polite thing to do and new players don't know how to play but plenty of people are willing to help them.... and plenty of people are "busy" or whatever with whatever they're doing but personally I don't see this as a big problem.
Snapcraft is the only non-cuss server I currently play on and I think it's pretty nice compared to the others I have experienced. It's online, if you don't like it then get off the internet, it's not the place for you loll.

Cookie

Diamond Miner
You can't expect a server to be perfect Never, have I ever, come across a server, where there hasn't been problems. Of course, everywhere you go, there's going to be someone to ruin the game. Every garden has a dead flower, right?

Anyway, that's why there are staff members. They do their best to prevent this from happening. Although, no one is perfect, the important thing is that they're all trying their best to make your minecraft experience, enjoyable. :)

OP
OP
Twak

Twak

Gold Miner
I know not every server is perfect. I just wanted to show how much people actually do not care about other people and be jerks.

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
Welcome to the internet, would you like a cookie? We can't make everything perfect, nor can anyone. There's aspects we can handle (Breaking the rules, etc). But anything that's within these clearly defined rules, we can't touch (Respectively, there's always that one moment that may need different action). If we made chat restrictions more strict, then that would take away many aspects of the game. If you believe anyone is violating any of the rules, simply report them, and we'll determine weather they are breaking the rules.

iamontda

Void Walker
It's true, but a bad apple can spoil the bunch at the snap of a finger. Goes for Minecraft and everything else on the internet. I mean, seriously, the Minecraft community is more creative and friendly than, say, the WoW community (even though I love just about everything on the internet, WoW takes the cake for how cautious you have to be).

Taking a casual walk to the Goldshire Inn in WoW will grant you a world of people that you'd rather not have relations with. Not even going to explain it, people are weird. On the other side you have people that just want to rip you of money, get perks to become the best player in the game or really have good intentions. Those terms go for just about everywhere. The Inn being like Creative, people stealing money in Survival, and good intentions just about anywhere on Snapcraft.

So yes, there may be problems and we may not be able to stop everyone, but most players are friendly and determined to get rid of the bad apples. A Youtuber that I'm acquainted to openly invited players to a launch of a Minecraft server a few weeks ago. About a hundred new people joined because of this, and I was totally surprised. Not just at the numbers, but also at how courteous they were all being. Many Youtubers and influential Staff members were online with these run-of-the-mill players who didn't try to get in the way and instead looked around at the server in awe. It's humbling to be thrown into a situation like that, because I'm usually having to help usher rude players away.

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
Like many said above, we really can't do anything about it. No server can make everybody like it or enjoy, and be perfect (NOBODY'S PERFECT!). It's best to ignore these actions and of course, words by other players, because... IT'S THE DANG INTERNET. I really don't have go deep into this "internet" matter, do I? I hope not.

Last edited:

Imacouplepixels

Stone Miner
The community isn't toxic. The problem is that it's always the most hateful players who are the most vocal. You'd, for example, always see lines and lines of chat in kitPvp of people's being rude to each other, but you'd overlook dozens of others who are there but silent. That would give the impression that all players are rude, hateful, connards, but in reality, the majority of Minecraft players are kind enough. If the few jerks ever become overpowering at the moment, ignore them. Know that they are outnumbered 10 to 1 by the nicer players

Dank

Gold Miner
Toxic? You clearly have yet to play League of Legends.

As I read this, I'm currently being flamed by a full AP Nidalee support telling me to "Get cancer" and "I hope your whole entire family dies cry noob"