Tp Killing Proof (And How It's Unfair)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACEBUR

First Step
Okay, I've seen that people require video proof to report a tp kill and actually get help for it. But my question is, how exactly would someone know to record such a random occurrence? No one really records minecraft like that, so how exactly can people get help? They can't, and so many players have lost almost millions in items because of the unfair system. I wish there was another way people could provide evidence for tp killing since video proof is hard to obtain at random intervals. Is it possible for mods to look in the logs or something to see who gets killed at what time after a teleport? That may be too specific, but I think anything really is better than video proof.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
TP killing also happens through luring, where players are like "tpa me for a free sword" and then the person gets killed after - recording something like this beforehand is always a good idea.

An easy way to stop getting killed end of is just to never /tpaccept people you don't know well around/in your base; that way it's harder for them to get to it - /tpaccept at spawn instead :) Also, disable pvp in your region.

There are things you can do yourself to prevent it from happening :)

Sufficient proof, like a video, backs up what happens to ensure any bans are accurate and just - that's why the right proof is needed.

Hris

Stone Miner
You can instantly replay and record moments using software such as Geforce Experience that has the feature Instant replay (You need an NVIDIA Geforce video card for that)

Asheey

Enderdragon Slayer
Staff member
Helper
You can use bandicam, streamlabs etc which are free and very easy to use in seconds, or a phone as long as you can see everything clearly.

I can see why it’s a pain for people that never thinks this could accuse on the server but for the staffs sakes it’s needed in order to ban the player :)
(If you can’t record ask staff to check them out ingame)

BrattishSnow06

Tree Puncher
Okay, I've seen that people require video proof to report a tp kill and actually get help for it. But my question is, how exactly would someone know to record such a random occurrence? No one really records minecraft like that, so how exactly can people get help? They can't, and so many players have lost almost millions in items because of the unfair system. I wish there was another way people could provide evidence for tp killing since video proof is hard to obtain at random intervals. Is it possible for mods to look in the logs or something to see who gets killed at what time after a teleport? That may be too specific, but I think anything really is better than video proof.
If you have the Xbox game bar on your PC you can start recording in seconds. Could definitely do that before teleporting anywhere. Just be sure you show the message and their name before teleporting to them.

Triacta

Tree Puncher
Always stash your stuff before tping to randoms, and if you're doing a big deal worth millions you should just use /trade. There are easy ways to avoid these issues which is why staff don't sympathize with people who don't record.

Chillin Scorpion

Stone Miner
For me personally, I just got into the habit of recording when I accepted tp requests. Then just delete the file if nothing went wrong or then upload if something did indeed happen. But like other people mentioned, there are ways to prevent, reduce the damage done for these kind of things.

And now I realize that this was made in March, but I'm following through on this.

Warrior356

Mod
Staff member
Mod
The only way to avoid this as mentioned is if you’re about to tpa to someone you don’t know put everything you have in a chest and turn on a screen recorder or to avoid this from constantly happening try to aviod ‘tpa for free stuff’/ ‘Can you tpa to help me out’.

Asheey

Enderdragon Slayer
Staff member
Helper
Commenting on old threads (this thread is from march) is considered bumping and is against the forums rules (read the rules page). If you wanna continue a discussion about the topic you’ll have to make a new thread and possibly link this one as a ‘continuation’. :)

Triacta

Tree Puncher
Commenting on old threads (this thread is from march) is considered bumping and is against the forums rules (read the rules page). If you wanna continue a discussion about the topic you’ll have to make a new thread and possibly link this one as a ‘continuation’. :)
you just commented on an old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.