Unban Token?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically I was banned today cause Aaaronn had to bring back something that was from last reset and he cant let bigons be bigons because what I did wasnt even serious anyway like hacking or something. I want to know if I can buy an unban token cause I spent so much time and money on the server and its dumb to throw it away. Just remember how it would feel if you were in my shoes aaaronn. It is like saying I bullied someone in kindergarden and now im being suspended in 8th grade. So can I buy an unban token and not be rebanned?

Victorthelama

Ghast Hunter
Not really. A suspension is more of a temporary ban, since suspensions are TEMPORARY. So a permanent ban isn't a suspension, it's more of an expulsion, since they are both PERMANENT. If you want to use your school example, it's like you were expelled in Kindergarten for bullying, and you tried to come back 8th grade thinking you were unexpelled, but in reality, you are still expelled. I'll ask Senior Staff about the unban tokens.

Aaron

Creeper Hugger
Exactly as Victor said. However, regardless of previous offenses or not, the screenshots I had in the previous thread are ban-worthy enough.

We'll probably let you token it though.

Alemence

Gold Miner
So basically I was banned today cause Aaaronn had to bring back something that was from last reset and he cant let bigons be bigons because what I did wasnt even serious anyway like hacking or something. I want to know if I can buy an unban token cause I spent so much time and money on the server and its dumb to throw it away. Just remember how it would feel if you were in my shoes aaaronn. It is like saying I bullied someone in kindergarden and now im being suspended in 8th grade. So can I buy an unban token and not be rebanned?

First off, you're accusing Aaron of holding grudges. Let's look at this from OUR perspective, rather than your narrow minded one. We are in the midst of a series of updates 1.8, and as some of you know its causing problems with how player data works.

If you honestly sat down and thought about it, bans/mutes/etc are a part of player data. So say player data gets wiped, what happens then? Everyone on file gets unmuted, unbanned, etc. Our response to this? We go back through our databases and grab the most prominent bans, advertising, extensive hacking, particular troublemakers, so on and so forth. What next? We re-ban them.

Alright, let's take a step a side here and look at the timeline. First, you get banned. second, 1.8 drops. Third, you're unbanned magically. Fourth, we re-ban you based on your offense. Now, what would happen if 1.8 had dropped, and there was no step three in the timeline? The update to 1.8 was seamless, no issues, no lost data, no conflicts. What happens? You're still banned, either way you look at it, you're not supposed to be here.

So, why are you complaining? You probably got to see pieces of our updates, liked what you saw, and then went back to being banned, end of story. Problem is, you don't like this ending, do you? Well here's what it comes down to. We're not here to write good stories with happy endings. We're here to give you an experience in Minecraft, like no other server depicts. The environment, the community, the culture, all unique. We're here to shape Maarten and Bas's vision for how they want their server to pan out. Plain and simple, it's not in our job description. If you want fairytale endings? Go to Disney Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.