Villagers Despawn

Dkgraffiti

Banned
Well Spent all day yesturday getting a Villager and bringing him 30k blocks to my base. They are very hard to get now as most if not all have been taken or killed. I just wanted one to trade for mending. I got it, got it to my base, name tagged him and everything. Get up this morning and he is gone.. So you cant keep them in survival and having the spawner dont help cause you cant trade with the ones from it.

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
They do remain, there are loads of people with trading halls with villagers. Is it possible someone or something managed to kill this villager?

If you DM me on Discord - GlowWiggy I will assist you further.

OP
OP
Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti

Banned
I would say no person did as I had him on a claim in the center of it. So as far as I know it wouldnt be posable for a player to do so. The reason I think no mob killed it is cause I had left the server after getting him named and in a made house. So being in the house he should of been safe plus I was offline so unless a player came to my base on the corner of the map then it shouldnt even be active. I agree though there are plenty of people with trader halls, and thats kinda what annoys me. The title isnt as much to say they dont stay at all as much as to point out mine didnt. Im not great with wording things so sometimes I can come off as direct or negative, sorry for that but Im not mad or upset really. Sure I feel like I waisted a lot of time, but at the same time that not something you caused. I guess why I am so bothered by it, is that Ive seen some trader halls be in the open and just well lit and be find, so if a mob did somehow kill mine out of everyones when in a well lit building kinda bothers me. Again Idk what exactly happen as theres no way to really know. I do feel if there were a way to get tradable villagers other then going out and finding them would be great. Ive seen people recommend this for other game modes in the form of eggs. So Im not sure if its something you already considered, but it would be a good idea. I get having them in the wild and wanting players to explore but at the same time you have to keep in mind the map is limited, so that means the structures are too. In the start everyone gets them and claims the village so when you get on early wipe they are all taken, Some people go as far as killing them and demolishing the houses. Ive been on since the survival reset and it was fun at the start but now the server is dead except afk players and bots. most of the good places like the corners are taken by people who dont even play anymore. They log on once at or close to the end of the time before the claim ends then dont get back on until due again. I dont think thats how claims were ment or should be used. I get the players have time to come back but my guild leader is offline 20 to 29 days then logs on for 5 min logs off then does it again locking 2 corner bases out from anyone else while never playing... Half if not more of the PW are dead with some being taken over and turned into bases, traps, or just nothing. Not to mention all the old ones and some being spammed. The Pw show the oldest first so you have to go all the way to the end to get ones that are active. The AH is always empty other then players selling items for prices no one can pay with their pw set on an item to advertise. With all this being said I have gotten off the server not for good but at least until the next survival reset in the hopes of a fresh new start, new features, updates, and any other changes. I hope it comes soon as its been close to a year now and if you get on and ask anyone most will say we are ready for one. So for thats all I really have to say about the matter. I again apoligize if this comes off as negative as its not meant to be, and I hope the time I took to type this response helps go to show the amount of care and joy I have for this server. Thank you for the quick reply and interest in helping though, that means a lot. See you and the others next reset!! :)

Tsyp

Stone Miner
Greetings!

For your villager problem. There is a resource world type /resourceworld in which you can find villages and therefore also villagers. With a nether portal you are able to bring them back to your own base very quickly.

As for the rest, I agree. After one year the activity is not how it used to be of course, but there are still plenty of active members.
Thanks for the feedback in general, we will gladly take the suggestions in order to improve our beloved gamemode survival :)

-Tsyp