Why is being this scummy even allowed?

BULLYDOGY

Stone Miner
Little background:

You go to someones /pw with next to no text or saying 'donate to me' then you see something like this literally right in your face. One wrong mouse click and boom, there goes a kidney.
Example a: (vvv literally how i was faced when i teleported here.)
upload_2021-4-16_21-45-26.png

Trying to find a price for a certain item when you dont know what its worth? dont worry! do /pw to literally scam yourself!
Example b: buy low, sell high.
upload_2021-4-16_21-52-23.png

Example c: (Again, literally the angle im pointed at when i warp.)

upload_2021-4-16_21-47-29.png

Like honest to god man this is just literally a legal way of scamming.

Guess this is one of those 'If there are rules to be exploited, we, the community shall do it.'

Conclusion: Make a rule regarding this scammy or rather scummy behaviour.

Sincerely, a pissed off player.

OP
OP
BULLYDOGY

BULLYDOGY

Stone Miner
Example d: Not even advertised to be a 'scam' oh my bad, Donation shop but oh look whats what? a chestshop to *wipes glasses clean* sca- oh i mean hate playing this server?

upload_2021-4-16_21-57-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-16_21-57-36.png
    upload_2021-4-16_21-57-36.png
    678.3 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
BULLYDOGY

BULLYDOGY

Stone Miner
What kind of rule would you propose?

A rule that you're not allowed to have a shop that literally eats your money in the vicinity of where you spawn.

Also: this happened; regarding this topic. They lost 6b to it.

upload_2021-4-24_20-33-46.png

Video:

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
A rule that you're not allowed to have a shop that literally eats your money in the vicinity of where you spawn.

Also: this happened; regarding this topic. They lost 6b to it.

View attachment 6298

Video:
Fair enough. If there was a way that could prevent people from setting a pw right in front of a shop that eats your money, that would be good, rather than implementing a whole rule for it. Like not being able to /pw set within a certain vicinity of a chestshop for example, but that may not be possible and could run into issues if people have only a small area for the shop.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I agree with Honey here

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
A possible rule change could be you cannot set a warp that faces directly at a chestshop right after you warp. This is to prevent players that spam click warps from accidentally clicking a shop.

RyRy__

Zombie Killer

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I suggest putting a 5-10sec cooldown on being able to buy anything before joining/tping to a plot
I think this could be a good solution to the issue :)

NurseMercy

First Step
Another possible solution is a 2-step buying process, so you have to accept the purchase. It could be limited to bigger purchases to not make regular shopping time-consuming.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Another possible solution is a 2-step buying process, so you have to accept the purchase. It could be limited to bigger purchases to not make regular shopping time-consuming.
^^^

This could be the way forward for this issue, if it is possible. Potentially something that comes up saying "Are you sure you wish to purchase this item?" And yes as NurseMercy stated, it should just be potentially over a certain amount of money.