9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamontda

Void Walker
I've noticed that nobody has made a Thread on this yet, and I'm doing it on my phone because I'm not home yet.

They had a moment of silence in my school today for the people who died during 9/11, and I suggest that anyone living in the USA should do it for a moment too. For everyone who doesn't know, here is an overview:

Tuesday, September 11, 2001 from 8:46 – 10:28 am.
Multiple airline flights were hijacked. These Al-Qaeda hijackers were dubbed as suicide bombers because of their plans to crash their own planes. The flights were detoured and changed course to target main American sources of power, mainly the Pentagon, the White House, and the twin towers.

The first two hit the North and South towers (dubbed the twins), a third crashed into a western wing of the Pentagon, and a fourth aimed at DC instead crashed in Virginia.

3,000 innocent people died altogether, with 19 hijackers. Over 6,000 people were injured, but not fatally.

This is more of a notice than anything, since I have to cut it short. But remember those people, whether you were impacted or not.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
I watched a very realistic 9/11 video with Flight 93 and the Twin towers at school... Twice. Cried. ;-;.Then had to play a song with my band to honor the people who died...

The_Darksider

Tree Puncher
I'm not American and in school we don't take moments of silence for 9/11. But that doesn't matter, my country and the USA have always been so close, so today I will take a moment of silence. All the respect to America on this sad day. Never forget.

thediamonddude2

Iron Miner
omfg I went on youtube to see 9/11 OMG im crying tears of passion kindness suicide and etc. I saw people jump of the towers

iFlezz Gaming

Diamond Miner
This is terrible guys and that's why airports changed and are more secure because of this so at least be happy about that. I also took a moment of silence at school.

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Yeah. That's why I wrote the overview. So many of us aren't from the United States, and might not know what happened. Plus, it happened in the United States a very long time ago, and was a shock about terrorism over the world, but it only effected our country as an ongoing thing.

I heard about the people in the towers, too, diamonddude. People tried jumping out and other things, which I didn't like hearing about. A year or so ago I read about when the plane hit the Pentagon; it wasn't as big as the twin tower disaster, but it was still horrific. I think it was a story about a man working in the Pentagon, and suddenly having everything shake violently and the roof collapsing. He was so close to the event, and even some people died during the incident in that location too. CCTV cameras actually captured a video of the crash into the Pentagon, which I haven't seen yet.

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner
omfg I went on youtube to see 9/11 OMG im crying tears of passion kindness suicide and etc. I saw people jump of the towers

I saw the same thing... Very, very sad - It had just pasted my 4th b-day (3 days past) when I heard about it. I was very young but I still remember it and I will never never forget!

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
It's extremely tragic, one to know that there are horrible people who would do something like that, and two to find all the innocent people dead. I recently read a book about 9/11 and it really hit me hard.

Whoever doesn't understand how big of a situation this was, you should. Even if you are not from the United States, take a moment to be thankful that you weren't harmed; it could have been anyone else.

LegalSense

Void Walker
It was either wait and die in the fire, or just end it all quickly. Those at the top of the towers didn't have a choice, they were doomed to die anyway. (Just pointing this out)

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner
I want to ask.. Why do ppl say that Islam is a religion of peace? What did this look like - Done by Islamic Terrorists!

Last edited:

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
Alvin... if you look at it, Islam is a huge religion. This group of people was only a tiny, tiny part of it. Just because they are or seemed to be Islamic does not mean that Islam influences people to do malicious things to others, nor does it mean any harm. The choices were theirs.

If you take your logic into consideration of all other religions, Buddhists kill their own people, Christians steal and kill, Islamics terrorize, and more.

Do not ever jump to a conclusion of a general group because of specific occurrences.

creepergirl1254

Iron Miner
I want to ask.. Why do ppl say that Islam is a religion of peace? What did this look like - Don't by Islamic Terrorists!
Do not be ignorant, there are many good people, just some bad people try and mess up their reputation. It happens in plenty of religions, a few people ruin the whole groups reputation.

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
That's right. Al-Qaeda is just a bad group, not much more than that. If they had been Christian Americans terrorizing in their own country, that wouldn't mean Christians are to blame.

Remember the Holocaust? Well, Hitler wanted everyone to be the same. Blonde hair, blue eyes. The people of Nazi Germany genuinely thought that it was a good thing, too, but it turned into a big killing fest. It isn't their fault for what overall happened, even if it was still bad.

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner
That's right. Al-Qaeda is just a bad group, not much more than that. If they had been Christian Americans terrorizing in their own country, that wouldn't mean Christians are to blame.

Remember the Holocaust? Well, Hitler wanted everyone to be the same. Blonde hair, blue eyes. The people of Nazi Germany genuinely thought that it was a good thing, too, but it turned into a big killing fest. It isn't their fault for what overall happened, even if it was still bad.

How could Hitler say blond hair and blue eyes was the perfection when he wasn't that? He should have started by killing himself and we wouldn't had such a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.