about grief

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
hi there

i'd like to talk about grief on the survival server because i need to clarify the situation.

first thing first, and i'm not gonna lie about it, i griefed some unprotected bases on this server. thing is, before doing that, i read each every single snapcraft rule. and found no rule mentioning grief in survival. nothing.

so i was like, if there's no rule about grief, i can't be punished. as simple as that, otherwise that'd be pretty unfair. it's how life works actually. there are laws and you have to follow them, but these laws are official, it is written somewhere.

and then, after griefing some unprotected bases, i've heard that it wasn't allowed. so i've check out again those rules to be 100% sure. still nothing.

all i want to say is this, if it has to be a peaceful server, well then, so be it, i'm ok with this. but just, make it official so people can be aware of the fact that if they grief, they'll be punished.
i've heard that some players have been banned over this. i find that kinda unfair actually, there's no rule at the spawn, you have to warn people before banning 'em. just my point of view, you can correct me if i'm wrong.

i'm pretty much done here, as long as there are no rules mentionning griefing, i don't wanna be banned for it. there was a helper named Black_Mits who told me about the fact that it isn't allowed, so since he told me that i didn't grief anything.
at least i was pretty honest about what i did and didn't hide, but you'll have to admit that the griefing situation ain't very clear.

thanks a bunch for reading me :)

SuperBarricade

TheCaptainBurito

Skeleton Slayer
I don't think it's normal to think that griefing is allowed, you're just ruining people's builds.....
Players normally get notified to stop griefing when they are. Maybe the people that told you these stories about people getting banned without an alert were lying.

Zap

Gold Miner
I'm really glad to see this thread. As a pure builder myself I've had my buildings destroyed numerous times. I struggled with the placement of the sponges and my many hours of hard work getting chewed up by some player who enjoys stressing other people. I have to agree with this player if there were no written rules about this then you can't really address it properly unless it's official and written. I'm glad we have made progress here I was tired of seeing my extensive spread being chewed up on a daily basis. Thanks for bringing this up...

Zap

killervibe45

Tree Puncher
I've never really understood why people derive so much enjoyment from destroy the things that other people create. I always imagine they must be sad little people that are bullied in real life and need to find someone else to bully to help build their confidence. That said, I intentionally play on the Survival server instead of a Creative survive because I enjoy the risk and excitement of having to protect myself from those people. So, as long as your not exploiting a cheat, I say have at it.

OP
OP
SuperBarricade

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
well, im gonna be honnest with you. FIRST, i'd like to precise that since a staff told me about the rules on the survival server, i DID NOT grief a single house.
with that being said, i LOVE to grief things, i really enjoy that. but since i can't do it on this serv, im doin' it on servers. and im pretty far from being sad and bullied at school ^^ i just freaking enjoy it and there's no reason to that.
i might be messed up in my head i don't know, but at least im not crying over a game. i got griefed plenty of times and never cared about it. it's just pixels folks, relax.
one day people will have to understand that we don't leave in fair world, we don't leave in some fairy tale where everything is perfect and beautiful.
once you'll get that, it won't matter if you get griefed in minecraft, and it will bring more perspectives in your life, in the way you see things.

plus, you guys have to understand that it is a SUR-VI-VAL SERVER. have you ever heard of the word SURVIVE ? it involves to SURVIVE, no matter what. you scared of being griefed ? just go play on a creative server.
i been playing minecraft since 2012, and back then we had some real surival servers, people always accepted without crying, that playing on a survival server involved some grief here and there.

and if a staff show up and judge me on that, listen, just give protection sponges for free to people, if you do so there won't be any problems anymore. or just turn it into a towny server with commands allowing people to protect their homes for free.

i'll finish with something that cracked me up, let me quote you :

"That said, I intentionally play on the Survival server instead of a Creative survive because I enjoy the RISK and EXCITEMENT of having to protect myself from those people"

well then, why are you complaining then ?

~Crafter~

Blaze Estinguisher
Griefing is not allowed on survival. It is supposed to be a peaceful multiplayer server.

If you want to grief we have Factions where part of the aim of the game is to grief other people's bases.

Ghost_Sailorv2

First Step
Coincidentally, I was griefed between when I played yesterday and tonight. Is there anything I can do about that? I dont have any screenshots or anything to prove it, but the area was definitely marked out and built.

CoxBrothers

Emerald Miner
Coincidentally, I was griefed between when I played yesterday and tonight. Is there anything I can do about that? I dont have any screenshots or anything to prove it, but the area was definitely marked out and built.
Unfortunately, there's really no way of reporting someone doing it unless you have video (and sometimes screenshots work too) proof of them doing so. Also, you should have spawned with a protection sponge. That would make it so that nobody but yourself could build and destroy. Did you happen to lose it?