about the !shout command

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
hi there, i'm posting this new thread because it's now getting very VERY frustrating to see some players spamming the chat with !shout command because they have parents with more money than some others.

is there a possibility that you reconsider getting rid of this command ?

the only argument i've heard about it is that it prevents the chat from being spammed. it's a good reason, but since the chat is spammed with those useless voting messages all day long, and since admins DELIBERATELY won't do anything about those, well then this argument doesn't work anymore.

plus, most servers out there are not preventing people from talking in chats, and most of 'em have as much players as snapcraft or even more for the most part, and there's no problem about it.

all u have to do is to remove those voting messages and the problem will be solved.

call me salty or whatever you want i don't even care. it is just deeply frustating to see for instance 2 guys talking to each others while using the !shout command. especially when it's spamming the chat. they could go with the /msg but no, they won't.

i'm pretty sure no one is gonna back me up on this in public but it's fine.

and don't even bother telling me that i'm just pissed off because i'd like to get a rank, because even if i had a billion dollars i would buy a rank on a survival server. i don't even see the point in using the /fly or /gm commands on a server where you're supposed to.... survive ^^
i'm not even using the kits and i'm not voting either, i don't need any help so i don't see why i'd like to get a rank :-P. people back then used to know how to play minecraft and didn't need op command to survive on a survival server.

crazygurlisshy

Zombie Killer
Okay, I see where you're coming from but the shout command is there so players can chat if they're in different areas of survival such as the end or the nether. Yes, they can use /msg but if they want to talk to a wide spread of players shout allows them to do that; plus people use shout when they have a warp they want others to know about or about pvp. As for voting and the messages that pop up when someone votes, if you vote it gets rid of those messages. If you choose not to vote that is your choice.

OP
OP
SuperBarricade

SuperBarricade

Tree Puncher
"Yes, they can use /msg but if they want to talk to a wide spread of players shout allows them to do that;"

well then we all should be able to do the same, it's not a north korean server so i don't see why we can't be read by everyone on the serv (sorry for the sarcasm).
but since you can't do anything about it i'd like to talk to an admin.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
The way I am reading this conversation is starting to spread light on something. I talk sometimes and people dont seem to hear me at all. I think that is becuase they are using this command. They dont get my chats but I get theirs. It makes it seem like a bunch of people in your server and server "dimension" are there and talking but they might be in the end or nether and just are using shout to talk. This is all starting to make sense to me now.
Oh, and one more thing. I vote and still get the vote messages. In fact when I first log on I spend about 30 sec unable to see the game at all due to messages all over the screen.
But ya, I vote and I do so regularly and I still get those messages.