Declined Adding individual perks/commands to online store

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCoryj

Tree Puncher
Good evening, everyone :) I hope everyone is having a well-deserved and safe holiday break.

This morning on the Skyblock server, a few players were discussing implementing individual perks or commands in the store, i.e. /fly, /god, /feed, etc. I think doing so is such a great idea because it allows players to have permissions to such commands that high ranking players have, but alleviates having to spend a high amount of money that they unfortunately may not have at the time. Furthermore, I personally believe this will help with the "pay to win" mindset as the players could have a choice of paying 10 dollars/euros for a command, or 65 dollars/euros on a rank that includes such command.

So my question is, how possible is this? I am sure there are many variables that play into this that non-staff members don't see; but I think adding this onto the Snapcraft server is a step in the right direction. Please, staff/non-staff members; let me know your thoughts. :book:

*I apologize if this a repeated suggestion, I looked and didn't see anything that completely covered this but please inform me if this has already been posted on the forums*

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I can see where you're coming from, about having the perks separate to buy, as it would then be cheaper for people, and means they can just buy the perk they want, rather than having to buy the whole rank just for the one thing they might like.

However, having the commands like /fly, /feed, etc, kind of takes away the worth of the rank that people have bought already...the perks that come with the rank they have bought makes that specific rank unique.

Also, I'm assuming you'd like these commands (/feed, /fly, etc) available to buy for each separate game mode in the store?

Overall, I think there's pros and cons to this. Not sure if I'd like this implemented or not.

OP
OP
iCoryj

iCoryj

Tree Puncher
I can see where you're coming from, about having the perks separate to buy, as it would then be cheaper for people, and means they can just buy the perk they want, rather than having to buy the whole rank just for the one thing they might like.

However, having the commands like /fly, /feed, etc, kind of takes away the worth of the rank that people have bought already...the perks that come with the rank they have bought makes that specific rank unique.

Also, I'm assuming you'd like these commands (/feed, /fly, etc) available to buy for each separate game mode in the store?

Overall, I think there's pros and cons to this. Not sure if I'd like this implemented or not.
Thank you for the response! I enjoy hearing other opinions on this matter.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I have a similar mindset to Honey on this. In my opinion it would be good to see it added, but in practicality it would be hard to do so without people who already bought the ranks getting annoyed and frustrated about it

OP
OP
iCoryj

iCoryj

Tree Puncher
I have a similar mindset to Honey on this. In my opinion it would be good to see it added, but in practicality it would be hard to do so without people who already bought the ranks getting annoyed and frustrated about it
I appreciate you expressing your opinion. Thank you for responding.

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
If this is added maybe make it a thing on all servers not just sb. Also this probably isn't the best idea. The best way I can reason why it isn't a great idea is through an example. The main reason why you buy dealer on prison is to get /fly and if you could buy the command that would not support the server as much and it would make people frustrated that they bought a rank. I am sure that the same thing applies in a lot of the servers such as /pv on kitpvp.

Sammopp

Stone Miner
I like the idea of this post overall, but things like this would prob be made expensive as well since you don’t want to buy the whole rank. Since /fly and /god are mostly the major changes between, let’s say Vip+ and Angel or Angel and Eagle. So if this were to happen I don’t think it would be as cheap and would be an overall waste of money rather than not to getting the full rank with all the commands. But nice idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.