Connecting With Minechat

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
As some may know, I have quite the habit of using Minechat to connect to Snapcraft. But, as Kit PvP (obviously being my main and favourite sever), it doesn't work when I try to connect. I've tried a few times on this new phone, but it doesn't like to work for me.

What happens:
Do the typical command, and wait for a minute. It doesn't load on the page and I only get to see one line of chat and 5 secs of the players online before disconnecting or getting kicked. It says:
'Protocol Error: Read failed
Disconnected'.
Or...
'Protocol Error: Write failure
Disconnected'.

What I've tried:
- Typical delete and re-install
- All other servers work on Snapcraft but Kit PvP in specific

Note:
Got a new phone - Android.

I don't know if this goes to my phone, or the server, but can anyone help~? (don't even know what sections this goes into, has something with the server for me, right xD?) I used to use Minechat a lot (sadly), and want this to work ;-;. Please state if this is something Minechat related or server.

Attachments

• IMG_20150804_221648.JPG
    IMG_20150804_221648.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20150803_234346.JPG
    IMG_20150803_234346.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 331

Twwhaik4

Zombie Killer
That happens to me to, it's only Snapcraft that doesn't work but almost any other server will. For me it just says connecting and then after 30-40 seconds it says Disconnected.

iamontda

Void Walker
Minechat works well on my new Android (got it back in July, even). There may be a problem with a connection between your phone, the internet, or the server. I'm guessing it's the phone, but I wouldn't know what the problem is. See if you can connect to other servers via that program, and if it doesn't work with those, try seeing if you can force an update to Minechat (if there is one).

Also, what IP did you type in for the server? (the IP I have is "mc.snapcraft.net")

OP
OP
Vicky

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
I'm pretty sure I've tried both IP's. (mc.snapcraft.net and snapcraft.net).

And other servers work - it's just Kit. I think.

I may try that though, but I think it's the latest. :-P

vbisbest

First Step
Hi, you are correct. I get disconnected as well. I will take a look and see if its a bug that we can fix.

Ray

vbisbest

First Step
Ok, I found the issue. The problem was that kitpvp sends around 1000 "UpdateScore" packets when you first join it. MineChat was only waiting 10 seconds before trying to continue chatting and then it gives up and disconnects you. Those UpdateScore packets take about 20 seconds to process. I have increased the time out and it works now (you still get a long pause but at least it works). This will be in the next MineChat update hopefully along with Minecraft 1.9 support. I may be able to submit it to apple this weekend.

Ray

OP
OP
Vicky

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
Ok, I found the issue. The problem was that kitpvp sends around 1000 "UpdateScore" packets when you first join it. MineChat was only waiting 10 seconds before trying to continue chatting and then it gives up and disconnects you. Those UpdateScore packets take about 20 seconds to process. I have increased the time out and it works now (you still get a long pause but at least it works). This will be in the next MineChat update hopefully along with Minecraft 1.9 support. I may be able to submit it to apple this weekend.

Ray
Thank you for considering and reading this! Many thanks.

Reeive

Zombie Killer
As some may know, I have quite the habit of using Minechat to connect to Snapcraft. But, as Kit PvP (obviously being my main and favourite sever), it doesn't work when I try to connect. I've tried a few times on this new phone, but it doesn't like to work for me.

What happens:
Do the typical command, and wait for a minute. It doesn't load on the page and I only get to see one line of chat and 5 secs of the players online before disconnecting or getting kicked. It says:
'Protocol Error: Read failed
Disconnected'.
Or...
'Protocol Error: Write failure
Disconnected'.

What I've tried:
- Typical delete and re-install
- All other servers work on Snapcraft but Kit PvP in specific

Note:
Got a new phone - Android.

I don't know if this goes to my phone, or the server, but can anyone help~? (don't even know what sections this goes into, has something with the server for me, right xd?) I used to use Minechat a lot (sadly), and want this to work ;-;. Please state if this is something Minechat related or server.
If its not an iPhone, Its not an iPhone.