Partially Accepted CREATIVE SUGGESTIONS

JustinS

Tree Puncher
—What can be added to Creative and why is it beneficial?

New Voting Perks.

• When voting, a player should be allowed to use world edit for 10-30 minutes. This is beneficial because it would give non-ranks more incentive to vote for Snapcraft. (The world edit commands that would be accessible to players who vote for it would be limited so that there is still an incentive to purchase a rank in-game)
New Commands.
  • Adding /plot visit should be accessible for all players. This is beneficial because it would allow players to be able to see builder’s plots at any time so they can recognize what exactly the build standard is when creating an application for builder. (I realize /tpa is available, but the problem with this is that builders are hardly online creative to tp players to their plot and give applicants advice and tips on builds)
  • Adding //redo as a world-edit command should be accessible for ranked players. This is beneficial because, in the case of a mistake happening when using world-edit, we can easily fix our mistake and continue building rather than starting over.
Build Competition Reward.
  • Adding a tag that can be unlocked when winning a build competition. This is beneficial because it would give people more of an incentive to win a build competition. (The tag could be called inventive, imaginative, productive, etc.)
  • Owning an extra plot can be unlocked when winning a build competition. This is beneficial because players will want more space to start building, especially in case they would like to keep the plot that won a build competition. (This should also be available in the webshop so that build comp winners aren’t the only people who are able to access more plots than normal)
  • Adding the ability to use furniture (like what is currently being used in the hub) and pets (like what is currently upcoming for ZombieV). This is beneficial because it’s different and has never been done before on Creative, which means that people will want to use it. (Each winner would have access to a different amount of furniture and pets. For example, 5th place would have accessibility to chairs and a dog, while 4th place would have accessibility to chairs, tables, dogs, and cats)
  • Adding a ranking system. This would have 0 perks and is just to show how many competition winnings a player has, it’s something different and hasn’t been used before on Creative so I think people would be interested in it if added. For example, a player that has one ✪ next to their name would mean they have ranked in 1 build competition. Two ✪✪ next to their name would mean they have ranked in 3 build competitions. Three ✪✪✪ next to their name would mean they have ranked in 5+ build competitions. (This is similar to Prison prestige ranks, 1 star being prestige 1, 2 star being prestige 2, etc.)
  • Allowing players to choose what they want for the build competition. This will get more players to actually build for the competition. Give create players a list from which they can choose from and the top voted choice will be the theme for the next build competition.

—Additional thoughts
  • When players vote it says in chat that they have access to shout, however, there is no shout on creative anymore.
  • Allow players to use updated blocks.
  • Allow snow without voting.
  • Add Builder Applications to the Help menu on forums
  • Before the Creative reset have a build theme be “Builds to include in next Creative Spawn” and out of those builds, builders choose which builds they’d like to add to the spawn that will be created. I think people would like to be able to have a chance to have a build of their own implemented in the servers spawn without having to be a builder.
  • When players get married, have them teleport to a prebuilt cathedral. Not, a must to be added, but just a cool and fun idea.
  • A type of currency that can be added to creative. Tokens used to purchase more furniture, pets, trails, plots. Tokens could also be purchased on the webshop. (rough idea, haven’t thought of full details pertaining to a currency)
—Edit/Additions to suggestion after receiving feedback
A/N: I would like to thank all of you guys for the feedback and suggestions commented in this thread. I have taken your ideas into consideration and made an updated suggestion listed below.

Currency/Economy
  • How a player earns money: Voting and Vote Party, Webshop, Build Competition, Word Unscramble, Event (rough idea, but there should be a daily planned event to steer voting away from being the main source of income)
  • Purchasable features: Pets, Particles, Furniture, Plots, World Edit, GoBrush, GoPaint, Commands such as //redo, //drain, /tpaall, and /plot warp, Ability to place redstone, snow, and animals
  • What will need to be added in accordance to the addition of currency: A scoreboard that includes the username, level, vote party, balance, plots owned, competitions won, and pet owned.

Last edited:

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Really like all of these ideas! +1

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Man i love ALL of these except the worldedit vote thing, although there aren’t any more build comps for the time being, I particularly agree with //redo
Keep coming up with great ideas!

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Well build comps aren't active sadly even tho I'd love them to come back.
- "allow people to use updated block" i guess you're referring to 1.13 and above blocks. The server runs on 1.8.9 and 1.12.2 plugins and such so this isn't possible till Maarten decides to update to newer versions.

- Build creative spawn, personally I don't like this idea cause I believe the build team should do it themselves.

There are fun ideas here I'd like to see ingame!

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Well build comps aren't active sadly even tho I'd love them to come back.
- "allow people to use updated block" i guess you're referring to 1.13 and above blocks. The server runs on 1.8.9 and 1.12.2 plugins and such so this isn't possible till Maarten decides to update to newer versions.

- Build creative spawn, personally I don't like this idea cause I believe the build team should do it themselves.

There are fun ideas here I'd like to see ingame!
Negative attitude smh. Happy to see you’ve finally linked your new account to the forums lol

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Negative attitude smh. Happy to see you’ve finally linked your new account to the forums lol
Its a suggestion thread, you give your opinions on it. Please keep your comments on these threads about the post itself and if you wish to comment on other things non related, PM.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Its a suggestion thread, you give your opinions on it. Please keep your comments on these threads about the post itself and if you wish to comment on other things non related, PM.
right sorry Ash, won't happen again

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner

Firefoxking4

Iron Miner
OMG YES, PLEASE LET US PLACE SNOW WITHOUT VOTING. (I’ve asked this many times in the past and I’ve been waiting for 2 years :-/)

TheCrazyCorn

Gold Miner
I got an addition to this suggestion, instead of voting for worldedit directly you get coins for voting. Those coins can be used to buy for example an hour of worldedit, maybe voxel, gobrush and gopaint even. Ofcourse limited access.
Coins could be used to buy new plots also.
With the upcoming feature of being able to place animals you could use the coins to become able to place animals.
I would say 50-150 coins per vote.
Gives max 750 coins per day. I would say 1 hour of worldedit could be 200/300 coins. A plot could be 3000 coins or so, so you can't claim too many plots in a short amount of time. Then placing animals could be 50/100 coins.

I personally think this would work better than straight away giving worldedit.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I got an addition to this suggestion, instead of voting for worldedit directly you get coins for voting. Those coins can be used to buy for example an hour of worldedit, maybe voxel, gobrush and gopaint even. Ofcourse limited access.
With the upcoming feature of being able to place animals you could use the coins to become able to place animals.
Gives max 750 coins per day. I would say 1 hour of worldedit could be 200/300 coins. A plot could be 3000 coins or so, so you can't claim too many plots in a short amount of time. Then placing animals could be 50/100 coins.

Corn I love this idea. Make a seperate thread about it though so more people can see it maybe?

FatSecurityGuy

Skeleton Slayer

love this idea

Bean_Soup

First Step

While I agree with the basic premise of being able to offer goods and services but I think a system of currency earned through voting just clutters up the clarity of the voting perks IMO. It would also be really hard to balance between making sure that players can’t just stack a bunch if currency then claiming a hundred plots for themselves and also not making it a month-long daily grind just to get ten percent of the way to a perk. Plus, from the way that I’ve seen, the server’s continued negligence to the Creative server’s broken announcement system falsely advertising the “shout” ability leads me to assume that the voting feature in general isn’t as good of a thing as it was before; but that’s just me speculating.

If we afford my speculating any credence I still do think am ingame currency system and a shop for things such as cosmetic accessories and whatnot would be a great idea; I don’t think voting should be the mechanism in which we gain said income. Perhaps a more consistent daily build competition system can take place like how the Factions server not only has King Of The Hill but also Envoys now which are scheduled events tied to time players would theoretically join this competition and gain entry currency for participating, then compete as an honorary judge appointed by builder or staff or otherwise ranks and awards credits etc etc. There are flaws in that system to be sure but Im sure kinks could be ironed out in not only my idea bur also Corn’s should the server take that route.

On the note of plots, I’m a strong proponent that the server would have a great potential revenue source (at least from me alone) if they afforded the ability to purchase plots through the server store.

TheCrazyCorn

Gold Miner

Thinking back about the buying plots. I would say start off with 100 coins. Your first plot would be 100 coins, second would be 500, third would be 1500, fourth 4000, fifth 10000.
This would give a minimum of 21 days before you can have 5 plots. Which is only if you get 150 coins every single time you vote.
When buying master you het 6 plots right away. Its less pay to win, but still a good reason to pay since you don't have to spent coins on either those 6 plots or worldedit.
Master can still buy more plots. The 6 plots they already own wont interfere with the amount of coins they have to pay for a new plot. So if they want a 7th plot, they buy one for 500 coins, 8th for 1500, etc.
I'm thinking of more ways to use the coins atm. Suggestions are welcome.

Maybe a /tpaall for 100 coins. (24 hour cooldown)
Maybe a plotwarp for 50 coins. (Free for ranked)

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
While I agree with the basic premise of being able to offer goods and services but I think a system of currency earned through voting just clutters up the clarity of the voting perks IMO. It would also be really hard to balance between making sure that players can’t just stack a bunch if currency then claiming a hundred plots for themselves and also not making it a month-long daily grind just to get ten percent of the way to a perk. Plus, from the way that I’ve seen, the server’s continued negligence to the Creative server’s broken announcement system falsely advertising the “shout” ability leads me to assume that the voting feature in general isn’t as good of a thing as it was before; but that’s just me speculating.

If we afford my speculating any credence I still do think am ingame currency system and a shop for things such as cosmetic accessories and whatnot would be a great idea; I don’t think voting should be the mechanism in which we gain said income. Perhaps a more consistent daily build competition system can take place like how the Factions server not only has King Of The Hill but also Envoys now which are scheduled events tied to time players would theoretically join this competition and gain entry currency for participating, then compete as an honorary judge appointed by builder or staff or otherwise ranks and awards credits etc etc. There are flaws in that system to be sure but Im sure kinks could be ironed out in not only my idea bur also Corn’s should the server take that route.

On the note of plots, I’m a strong proponent that the server would have a great potential revenue source (at least from me alone) if they afforded the ability to purchase plots through the server store.
I have to agree about the fact that the voting is unstable, it would be best to have a different method to get an ingame currency

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner

I like the idea of coins you can receive from voting :)