Disable flying in owner claimed land

remove /flying from owner claimed land

• Total voters

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
So two f top factions have been raided, Nilfgaard and Templar. Now if these raids were normal I think it would be fine because their base defenses weren't strong enough, and some loot would most likely remain.

However the people who raided these bases bought or sent an account to the opposing faction, and flew the wither across the factions base roof. Now this isn't that bad but you could imagine how mad you'd be if you got raided like that.

So the obvious solution here is to disable flying in owner claimed land [/f owner (player name)], that way this could not happen, and it makes the server less p2w. (ethreal bought an account from nilfgaard with irl money to fly the wither). Now this doesn’t entirely wipe out insiding because if you get someone to trust you enough for an owner claim, then I believe raiding said base would not be “scummy”.

The significance of this whole wither fly thing is huge. You lost nearly every member from nilfgaard and I assume are going to lose some from Templar, since templar was more recent. I think the last thing factions needs is to lose more players. If the raid were normal, there would usually be spawners or items remaining, giving some motivation to play again. And I think many people can agree that getting raided like that has got to feel bad, all the investment into the game, and some guy can just /fly a wither.

Leave your opinions below, any opinion from ethreal will be disregarded, at least by me. Honest thoughts please.

- JustArk (DominicanPoison)

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
However, keep in mind factions is all about trust if you don't let these people into your faction you wouldn't have this issue? I agree with withers above 255 being an issue and a fix for that will be added soon.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
#disableWithers

bluuu

First Step
However, keep in mind factions is all about trust if you don't let these people into your faction you wouldn't have this issue? I agree with withers above 255 being an issue and a fix for that will be added soon.

Why are withers above 255 an issue?

OP
OP
PigMaster4000

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner

I don’t think withers should be prevented from going above 255. Main reason being if your outer wall was entirely sponge and then an airgap, you wouldnt really be able to get a wither there, unless you cannoned first, but if you have to cannon that defeats the point of withering. Maybe withers shouldn't be able to shoot skulls or break things above height limit? I don’t know, but what I do know is that raiding is hard enough as it is, that’s why ethreal decided to do what they did.

Maybe blocks at 255 are unable to be broken by withers or something.