Added Discord Suggestion - More MEE6 Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Hello! I just want to say that I love how the !survival and !ip commands work, and I think it would be awesome to expand this to suit other purposes. In this suggestion I'll be listing some commands I think would be nice, and why I think this is good.

1. What's the IP?
    unknown.png

Well I think this is good, as if the majority of the server are offline, and someone joins the discord looking for the IP to the server, then I think it would be lovely for them to find it via an intuitive phrase that the bot could respond to.

2. Report / Ticket / Appeal / Support
    unknown.png

So, while I recognise that these commands yield the same end result, I do feel like not only is it more specific, but it also makes the server look more professional. Having an easier way to create a ticket for whatever purpose is something that I feel the server would definitely improve from having, and this would save people a lot of trouble, especially those who find it hard to navigate the forums. Also !support could be added with the same response as !ticket.

3. Owner
    unknown.png

This one is quite odd I'll admit, but it is true that if Maarten is offline, some people may not know his discord details, and anybody who is online may not know their details off by heart either, so to make things simpler a !owner command would be really helpful I feel.

4. Help
    unknown.png

This one actually makes a lot of sense actually I think, it uses the same message that you get from typing /help in game, and that is simply because consistency is key! This aside, I think it is still helpful to have this, some people have difficulty finding the #staff-help channel, or they do not know how to notify staff properly, so this would be really useful I feel, plus it also links to the tickets on forums, which is also incredibly useful.

5. Store / Shop
    unknown.png

Simple enough, but useful. This simply links to the store page for people having trouble finding it. Not too much to say here, but for people that aren't too savvy with the website / webshop this could be quite helpful in pointing people in the right direction without typing out the full URL.

6. Staff
    unknown.png

Honestly, this one is more quality of life then anything else, however it would be nice to have a staff list ready to go, in case someone asks for one. All in all, could be good, but I can understand mixed feelings about this.

7. News
    unknown.png

This one is also quite quality of life I will admit, but some people returning to the server may want a quick way to access the news page to see what they have missed, however I can also understand mixed feelings about this.

8. Apply / Helper / Builder
    unknown.png

Now this one I think has some more practical value, its not uncommon to see people asking how to apply for either one of these positions, so each of these commands would make it a lot easier then getting the links to both up.

9. Forums / Site / Website
    unknown.png

So yes again another quality of life one, but could be good i think for people trying to find the website, or people getting confused with snapcraft.io, which shows up first on google. These are quite similar so I thought it better to list them together, I would have included a screenshot of !site however it would have triggered another bot on my test server which is permanently running.

10. Vote
    unknown.png

So this one is a bit more practical then the others, as some people may not know where to go for voting, and this hopefully could clear it up, and make it easier to access.

11. Vote-Help
    unknown.png

So this one I'll admit I am a little more proud of, even though I got all the data courtesy of @Jeepers1.
    I think this is quite useful for people trying to master the voting times to get on top votes, as it can be quite confusing for people starting out.

12. Suggestion / Feedback
    unknown.png

So in all honestly, I quite commonly see people suggesting things in #staff-help, and instead of finding the URL to the suggestions section of the forums it would be much nicer to simply enter a quick command, so although this is a little bit quality of life, it could have some practical applications too.

13. YouTube / YT / Twitter / Facebook / FB / Social
    unknown.png

unknown.png

This is quite a big group one, but I feel it is a good mix of quality of life, and practicality. I personally found these socials by looking at Maarten's discord connections. I feel like this could be good for people who want to stay updated in different ways.

14. Rules-Help
    unknown.png

Now this is my absolute favourite out of all these potential commands. I think that it is a great way to quickly check something in the rules without having to go through the full process of searching it up. Now unfortunately I never ended up completing this part, due to school and a couple other irl factors, however I do think that this has the best potential.

Thank you for reading this very, very long suggestion. I would love to hear your thoughts on some of these, and I hope that at least some are considered to be practical and worthwhile additions. Have a great day / night everybody!

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
To line up with each bot command suggestion:
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Not a no, but not exactly that necessary.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Not a no, but not exactly that necessary.
7. Not a no, but not exactly that necessary.
8. Yes, but whenever someone asks how to apply, I don't like to send them the ticket link. I like them to read the info page and then they can find the ticket submission themselves, showing they have properly read the information on the document, and being able to work an important part of the forums ;-)
9. Yes.
10. Yes.
11. Yes - saves Jeepers having to repeat himself all the time xD
12. Yes, but maybe just have the !suggestion and not the !feedback.
13. Not exactly needed but a nice addition.
14. Yes, although I'd probably add the full rules link at the bottom of the images, saying something like: you can find all the server rules here https://snapcraft.net/rules/

Overall, some very thoughtful suggestions. Nice job, Wolf :)

Maple8678

First Step
I think that this is a great suggestion that should totally be added i am saying this of my own free will please add this melon has my family

Jeepers1

Gold Miner
Most look good but a few things I'd change/add:

8: Remove the support ticket link,, the helper info page tells you where to apply - imo it weeds out people who are applying as a joke. In other words, only people with the intention of applying would read the doc fully and get the info needed.
10: Instead of https.../vote, it would be nicer if it displayed each of the 5 links like ingame; ie. https://snapcraft.net/v3
11: Vote site 1 is 1am GMT, Vote site 2 is 11pm GMT, Vote sites 3/4 are midnight GMT, Vote site 5 is 12hr from last vote - dont stick my name on wrong info!! :-D

Overall though ++++1 !! Very nice bot :)

Side note: are you able to change the syntax (The exclamation mark in !Help) as this may interfere with dyno or other bots

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner

8: Remove the support ticket link,, the helper info page tells you where to apply - imo it weeds out people who are applying as a joke. In other words, only people with the intention of applying would read the doc fully and get the info needed.
10: Instead of https.../vote, it would be nicer if it displayed each of the 5 links like ingame; ie. https://snapcraft.net/v3
11: Vote site 1 is 1am GMT, Vote site 2 is 11pm GMT, Vote sites 3/4 are midnight GMT, Vote site 5 is 12hr from last vote - dont stick my name on wrong info!! :-D

Side note: are you able to change the syntax (The exclamation mark in !Help) as this may interfere with dyno or other bots
This ^

Tealor

Stone Miner

^^ I agree with the bit about the support ticket link for helpers, it's not that hard to find in the doc and it's how you can tell people have actually read the doc, otherwise they can type !help for the support ticket link.

+1 good suggestion

OP
OP
WolfMoonYT

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner

this can definitely be changed. If Maarten uses MEE6 to do this then syntax cant be changed but if Maarten would prefer to add this bot then I could absolutely change it and fix all the issues, plus 1. would only work if this bot is used not MEE6 sadly

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I think this is a good suggestion overall and it would be useful for staff and players side.

For the applying area, removing the support ticket link I agree with as we don’t give it when players ask for applying for a reason. If they can’t read the requirements page then they probably shouldn’t be applying.

OP
OP
WolfMoonYT

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I think this is a good suggestion overall and it would be useful for staff and players side.

For the applying area, removing the support ticket link I agree with as we don’t give it when players ask for applying for a reason. If they can’t read the requirements page then they probably shouldn’t be applying.
Definitely could be done, thanks for the feedback!

OP
OP
WolfMoonYT

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
^^ I agree with the bit about the support ticket link for helpers, it's not that hard to find in the doc and it's how you can tell people have actually read the doc, otherwise they can type !help for the support ticket link.

+1 good suggestion
Yea definitely, thank you!

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Yeah don't see why these couldn't be added!

OP
OP
WolfMoonYT

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Okay so as an update, I firstly added !rules (Yes I know it says #rules-n-guides, its one of the things I'll fix soon) and I included the other voting sites as per @Jeepers1, feedback:
unknown.png

Secondly, I fixed !vote-help, also courtesy of Jeepers, and per popular request I removed the support ticket link from !apply, !helper and !builder:
unknown.png

Thirdly, I added a description to !rules-help as per @Honey0737's feedback:
unknown.png

Now these are a little rough at the moment, I haven't had much time and there are a few minor issues, but this will be resolved as soon as I can. Keep the feedback and suggestions coming everyone :)

Also, if this were to be added there are 2 options. Either it is added with MEE6, or this bot itself is added. Adding this bot would be a bit more difficult, and would take slightly longer, however in the long run i would be able to configure it to work specifically for the snapcraft discord, plus the "What's the IP" command would only work if this bot was added. If Maarten is concerned about security I could give him the code and token so that there is no risk of anything negative happening. Secondly, if MEE6 is to be used then it would be a lot easier and faster to do, but would also have a few downsides, and wouldnt be able to configured as well. Thanks for the support though everyone, and either option would be a great addition I feel. Personally I would prefer this bot to be added, but obviously it is up to Maarten and what he feels comfortable doing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WolfMoonYT

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Another Update! Capitalisation is no longer important! Centred some responses. Also fixed delay on some commands, and trimmed most of the code that wasn’t necessary for faster response times.
unknown.png

^ By the way with the !vote command previously there was a delay, is fixed now :)

So: Timeline for this bot when I have time to work on it is firstly to squash any more bugs that may appear, to finish rules help, and to add a help menu.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
Another Update! Capitalisation is no longer important! Centred some responses. Also fixed delay on some commands, and trimmed most of the code that wasn’t necessary for faster response times.
unknown.png

^ By the way with the !vote command previously there was a delay, is fixed now :)

So: Timeline for this bot when I have time to work on it is firstly to squash any more bugs that may appear, to finish rules help, and to add a help menu.
Sounds good!

RyRy__

Zombie Killer
To line up with each bot command suggestion:
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Not a no, but not exactly that necessary.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Not a no, but not exactly that necessary.
7. Not a no, but not exactly that necessary.
8. Yes, but whenever someone asks how to apply, I don't like to send them the ticket link. I like them to read the info page and then they can find the ticket submission themselves, showing they have properly read the information on the document, and being able to work an important part of the forums ;-)
9. Yes.
10. Yes.
11. Yes - saves Jeepers having to repeat himself all the time xD
12. Yes, but maybe just have the !suggestion and not the !feedback.
13. Not exactly needed but a nice addition.
14. Yes, although I'd probably add the full rules link at the bottom of the images, saying something like: you can find all the server rules here https://snapcraft.net/rules/

Overall, some very thoughtful suggestions. Nice job, Wolf :)

+1 agree with this ^

OP
OP
WolfMoonYT

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Status
Not open for further replies.