Added Discord Suggestion > Nitro & more

Status
Not open for further replies.

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
As you may know (if you use the discord server) there's not a lot of benefits of boosting the server other than reacting to messages and such so I thought of 2 suggestions.

1. Allow embed links, this means anyone that boosts can send GIFs and such in example #general
Staff has access to this and there's more staff than nitro boosters so it wouldn't break anything really.

2. Sending screenshots in #general and #staff-help (if needed)
Yes I know "#banter-n-memes are for that purpose" but it would be nice to be able to post a related picture to the current topic if needed instead of having people jump from one channel to another.

Chat flooding, PG13 stuff etcetc are still against the rules so if these were to be implemented and someone broke one or more it's an easy fix.

----

Also fixing the "Muted" role on discord, instead of banning people (unless deserved) it would be nice with a working muted role that all staff could apply on whoever needed.
I've heard people had tried fixing it, but I'm a discord dev/coder so I could easily find the problem if I was allowed to.

If you got any suggestions feel free to add below :)

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I definitely agree with all of these, but I would also like to suggest that high ranks, like Veteran or Hero + have special perms, as then there would be an incentive for being active

Jedz

Creeper Hugger
Would be happy to add those two in if others also agree. As for the muted role we can take another look or see if we can find someone else to fix it (it will depend on the perms things as someone might have to be given admin to look at it which wouldn't be ideal) but we can go more into detail after we've had another look.

I definitely agree with all of these, but I would also like to suggest that high ranks, like Veteran or Hero + have special perms, as then there would be an incentive for being active

As for this I'm not sure what kind of special perms you would mean? Ideally we would want the perms to encourage boosting over activity as the roles are supposed to be the main incentive, we can look into it but personally I would rather put perms/rewards into boosting as not everyone is going to get to those higher levels. However feel free to let me know if you disagree and why that is. :) Cheers!

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I like ideas 1 and 2, but I don't think players should be able to post screenshots in #staff-help, as the reported player could then see their evidence; the player who is reporting someone can just dm a staff member who responds- that way you know who's dealing with it and there's not two staff dealing with the same screenshot posted (obviously a staff member could say 'dealing with ^' to a screenshot but they could forget, etc). I do agree it would be nice for boosters to have some extra perks! :)

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Would be happy to add those two in if others also agree. As for the muted role we can take another look or see if we can find someone else to fix it (it will depend on the perms things as someone might have to be given admin to look at it which wouldn't be ideal) but we can go more into detail after we've had another look.

As for this I'm not sure what kind of special perms you would mean? Ideally we would want the perms to encourage boosting over activity as the roles are supposed to be the main incentive, we can look into it but personally I would rather put perms/rewards into boosting as not everyone is going to get to those higher levels. However feel free to let me know if you disagree and why that is. :) Cheers!
Of course you would want to prioritize boosting, but not everyone can afford to do that and by perks i just mean small things like adding reactions or similar, this provides a reason to be active, instead of just boosting, which as I said earlier not everyone can do. It wouldn't be major things but at the moment there is no reason to be active aside from being higher on sidebar and leaderboard, however boosters instantly get to the top, which is why I personally think It would be nice to have an incentive towards getting higher levels.

OP
OP
axhe

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Of course you would want to prioritize boosting, but not everyone can afford to do that and by perks i just mean small things like adding reactions or similar, this provides a reason to be active, instead of just boosting, which as I said earlier not everyone can do. It wouldn't be major things but at the moment there is no reason to be active aside from being higher on sidebar and leaderboard, however boosters instantly get to the top, which is why I personally think It would be nice to have an incentive towards getting higher levels.
If adding perks to ranks were to be added, it would be pointless to boost the server.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
nice ideas +1

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I messed up the formatting on my above response, the second quote was my response to what Ash said, sorry about that

Jedz

Creeper Hugger
Suggestions have been added, thanks! We are now working on the muted role so hopefully it will be fixed and we can have a system based around it.

EDIT: Muted role has been fixed :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.