OriBM

Stone Miner
Minecraft Username:
Betterping​

Suggestion's Title
Factions MUST HAVE changes​

Suggestion Details
factions is terrible, this is how u make it good​

How could this idea help improve Snapcraft?
the server will be playable

going to be a long thread.

the current state of factions is terrible in so many ways, I can't even express it. short shields, unplayable PVP (bad kb, bad pots, bad enchants on armor), and so on and so on. In this thread I will be listing all the issues I can get off top of my head as I haven't played the server in a few good months, with possible solutions that fit well overall.

let's start with the staff team as it's one of the biggest issues I had back when I was playing. no hate towards anyone, I'm not blaming anyone but the former owner of Snapcraft.

factions is a complicated gamemode, to staff well on it, you HAVE to know how to play the gamemode yourself. you need to be able to understand PVP, raids, cannons (to some extent - you don't have to be a cannon builder, but u have to understand the basics of how they work and tell if something's off). unfortunately, the current staff team including those who resigned weren't fully familiar with how everything works which led to long pointless arguments between the players and the staff team and opened a window to multiple abuses of the rules and unfair gameplay. not to mention that staff players ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR A FACTION. it doesn't matter how good of a staff member u are, you have to not play for any faction on a server you staff on as u simply just can't do both! new owners, please don't let staff members play, it created problems in the past (mods being parts of duping factions which led people to believe they weren't duping, mods ignoring their cheating fac members because, well, same faction, etc. you know where I'm going with this). I would also like to mention that it's kind of weird if a moderator plays for a faction, their job is to spectate players.. what if they spec me and see me setting up on their base? just weird, don't let staff play or have them resign for the season if they wish to play. recruit a good, dedicated staff team for factions who knows what they're doing, and don't let them play. it's simple.
PVP:
there's not much to say about PVP. remove mcmmo, fix pots, increase gapple cooldown to 5 mins, get rid of annoying pointless pots only keep str, speed, and fire res, and remove most custom enchants especially the ones who mess with your movement. add a Perma str enchant, make sets easier to obtain/harder to break, allow unlimited fixes on sets using /fix + /fix all with a rank (no cooldown on /fix, super short cooldown on /fixall) + add a sign of /fix all for a price of 10-100k, depends on how rich the eco is. It shouldn't be expensive tho. You only want basic enchants for enhanced gameplay, chasing a dude during a raid and getting slowed from hitting them is just annoying and makes defending so easy it's a joke.
raiding:
not much to say here either, I believe most of the rules are fine except for the stupid no pseudo nuking rule, not sure why it's even there as it's a worse version of nuking that is allowed. I wanna say fix cannons but I've heard Maarten already purchased a Wine jar license before he sold the server so as long as wine is setup correctly, cannoning and raiding should be fine. tps needs a fix. throwable ceggs need to be easier to obtain rn it's really hard to get them, so is raiding in general it's too hard and expensive to get tnt but ill elaborate on that on the economy part which comes next
economy:
I really hate the economy on snapcraft. you don't make enough money per hour of grinding, and you barely make anything it's a joke, so if u want to make money u have to grind for like 8 hours + a day as a full faction. breaking news: hitting mobs for 8+ hours a day isn't fun, you will get burnt out fast cause at the end of the day it's a game, you wanna have fun this isn't a job! make money easy to gain, get rid of the stupid enchant system where u gamble 30 mins of grind to get a book you don't want, let us choose the books we want + make it easier to get the exp needed. as for the caves - replace it with the usual end style PVP area, where u hit silverfish and can only sell it outside, grinding sets can be done at silverfish I think PVP should be the meta economy, but sugarcane should be able to provide enough money for the rest of tnt if u choose to do cane, and u should also be able to obtain sets through cane/hitting blazes at base, the point is u need to be able to make sets + money through PVP and just sitting at base, PVP just needs to be like 30-40 % better than grinding at base to make the risk worth it. the richer everyone is, the less scared they are to lose their stuff which eventually leads to more PVP, raids, and just a fun fluid gameplay because you're not scared of losing your sets, but if u lose a teamfight u will probably lose the KOTH or be forced to go back to grinding cane again.
STOW:
its gonna be a short one. calculate how long it should take to run to a corner with pearls, and disable flight for that duration of time. the introduction of faction bundles: let's assume snapcraft resets today. you get a full faction to play (i believe it's 10 players rn) and u get 5k each. in other words, you can't do anything. in the current eco, I'd give each faction at least 5mil, maybe some temp ranks but that's up to the owner's business model, but the point is u need to be able to do SOMETHING. rn, if u start a faction of nonranks the only thing u can do is go to the public grinder and hit sheeps. it's embarrassing.
gameplay:
faction member limit - the limit should be reduced to 5. snapcraft is nowhere NEAR popular/has good enough staff to fully host a 10 man map, forget about it. the member limit should be 5 with an actual working faction roster plugin for a change.
events - add an LMS event that runs automatically every Xm/h/s, I don't care as long as it's consistent and just fun to play. we also need a raid event.
economy (again) - introduction of raiding outpost (during grace period too) - in short, a faction claims the outpost and has to defend it for an X amount of time, if they do it properly they get a reward (usually in the form of sets and money), if they get raided the faction who raided them gets the reward and now have to defend the raiding outpost when it opens again.
-add raid timers
that's it for this thread, when we get a confirmation from the staff team that a new reset is planned and being worked on I'll log on to the server and see if I missed anything, if I did I will make a new thread with the things I forgot to add.

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Heres my thoughts:

-I agree factions is a complicated gamemode, and I personally dont have a lot/enough knowledge of the gamemode, but when its closer to reset time this will change.
-Staff are players too, if they just moderate all day everyday they would get bored and burnt out, I dont see why they wouldnt be allowed to play.
-Tbf, I was in the faction that duped this map/when it was popular and I personally had no idea they were duping.
-As long as the commands/behaviour of the staff members doesnt abuse their powers and is monitored there shouldnt be any issues.
- I agree there should be more variety to making money, hitting mobs is boring/repetitive and isnt the way that people want to play the server.
- I personally like all the customs and PvP side of it, perhaps god apples could be on a 2 minute cooldown instead of 40 seconds like they are the moment.
-I also like the caverns, I think they're fun and unique to the server and encourages PvP.
-I also agree on the smaller faction member sizes, think this would encourage some competition.

OP
OP
O

OriBM

Stone Miner
Heres my thoughts:

-I agree factions is a complicated gamemode, and I personally dont have a lot/enough knowledge of the gamemode, but when its closer to reset time this will change.
-Staff are players too, if they just moderate all day everyday they would get bored and burnt out, I dont see why they wouldnt be allowed to play.
-Tbf, I was in the faction that duped this map/when it was popular and I personally had no idea they were duping.
-As long as the commands/behaviour of the staff members doesnt abuse their powers and is monitored there shouldnt be any issues.
- I agree there should be more variety to making money, hitting mobs is boring/repetitive and isnt the way that people want to play the server.
- I personally like all the customs and PvP side of it, perhaps god apples could be on a 2 minute cooldown instead of 40 seconds like they are the moment.
-I also like the caverns, I think they're fun and unique to the server and encourages PvP.
-I also agree on the smaller faction member sizes, think this would encourage some competition.
ill go ahead and correct you on some points. players who play shouldn't have perms to anything. if u want to play as a staff member thats all good, have your perms taken away from you on factions u can staff on everything else. i don't see how you can spectate an enemy faction whos setting up on you without alerting your own faction, just watching them shred your walls? are you going to spectate your OWN faction while theyre raiding or participate in the raid? staffing on an active factions map is fun if you like staffing, just recruit people who are willing to do that and know what theyre signing up for.
you had no idea the faction you were on duped, and i believe u. but if u WERE staffing all day like you were supposed to instead of grinding, you'd be able to notice that don't you think? you can't have 80% of the staff team as players and expect a good staffing experience it just doesn't work together, go ahead and check no other server allows staff to play. ill talk about the caverns in a different comment

OP
OP
O

OriBM

Stone Miner
Heres my thoughts:

as for caverns, theyre poorly built. its located in the warzone, you can /spawn away from them, its really ez to just run around and get away

the way you'd want to have a pvp-meta is by having a close area that u can only leave through a portal (aka the end), getting to the portal isnt that easy you'd usually want to have ladders that u have to climb on in order to get away, and u can't do any commands there so youre basically stuck there until u leave throught the portal. this increases the risk but its just better than running in circles and pearling until youre far enough, getting out of combat and logging. its annoying!

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Yeah that's a fair enough point. Thing is there needs to be some consideration for new players too. Perhaps the loot from caverns could be nerfed, and there could be an area, like that of the End where rewards are better but the only way out is up the ladders.

The new players could then farm caverns as they at least have the chance to get out easily.

OP
OP
O

OriBM

Stone Miner
Yeah that's a fair enough point. Thing is there needs to be some consideration for new players too. Perhaps the loot from caverns could be nerfed, and there could be an area, like that of the End where rewards are better but the only way out is up the ladders.

The new players could then farm caverns as they at least have the chance to get out easily.
too complicated, bad players can just grind sugar cane in their base. like i said, there should be a "safe" way to make money and a risky way, risky way should be 30-40 % more rewarding than safe way, but safe way needs to be good enough to let u actually play the game during tnt you'd just have to do lots of raiding while the facs who dominated pvp might not have to raid too many facs and could just focus on defending their base

Bobby019

First Step
Minecraft Username:
Betterping​

Suggestion's Title
Factions MUST HAVE changes​

Suggestion Details
factions is terrible, this is how u make it good​

How could this idea help improve Snapcraft?
the server will be playable​
going to be a long thread.

the current state of factions is terrible in so many ways, I can't even express it. short shields, unplayable PVP (bad kb, bad pots, bad enchants on armor), and so on and so on. In this thread I will be listing all the issues I can get off top of my head as I haven't played the server in a few good months, with possible solutions that fit well overall.

let's start with the staff team as it's one of the biggest issues I had back when I was playing. no hate towards anyone, I'm not blaming anyone but the former owner of Snapcraft.

factions is a complicated gamemode, to staff well on it, you HAVE to know how to play the gamemode yourself. you need to be able to understand PVP, raids, cannons (to some extent - you don't have to be a cannon builder, but u have to understand the basics of how they work and tell if something's off). unfortunately, the current staff team including those who resigned weren't fully familiar with how everything works which led to long pointless arguments between the players and the staff team and opened a window to multiple abuses of the rules and unfair gameplay. not to mention that staff players ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR A FACTION. it doesn't matter how good of a staff member u are, you have to not play for any faction on a server you staff on as u simply just can't do both! new owners, please don't let staff members play, it created problems in the past (mods being parts of duping factions which led people to believe they weren't duping, mods ignoring their cheating fac members because, well, same faction, etc. you know where I'm going with this). I would also like to mention that it's kind of weird if a moderator plays for a faction, their job is to spectate players.. what if they spec me and see me setting up on their base? just weird, don't let staff play or have them resign for the season if they wish to play. recruit a good, dedicated staff team for factions who knows what they're doing, and don't let them play. it's simple.
PVP:
there's not much to say about PVP. remove mcmmo, fix pots, increase gapple cooldown to 5 mins, get rid of annoying pointless pots only keep str, speed, and fire res, and remove most custom enchants especially the ones who mess with your movement. add a Perma str enchant, make sets easier to obtain/harder to break, allow unlimited fixes on sets using /fix + /fix all with a rank (no cooldown on /fix, super short cooldown on /fixall) + add a sign of /fix all for a price of 10-100k, depends on how rich the eco is. It shouldn't be expensive tho. You only want basic enchants for enhanced gameplay, chasing a dude during a raid and getting slowed from hitting them is just annoying and makes defending so easy it's a joke.
raiding:
not much to say here either, I believe most of the rules are fine except for the stupid no pseudo nuking rule, not sure why it's even there as it's a worse version of nuking that is allowed. I wanna say fix cannons but I've heard Maarten already purchased a Wine jar license before he sold the server so as long as wine is setup correctly, cannoning and raiding should be fine. tps needs a fix. throwable ceggs need to be easier to obtain rn it's really hard to get them, so is raiding in general it's too hard and expensive to get tnt but ill elaborate on that on the economy part which comes next
economy:
I really hate the economy on snapcraft. you don't make enough money per hour of grinding, and you barely make anything it's a joke, so if u want to make money u have to grind for like 8 hours + a day as a full faction. breaking news: hitting mobs for 8+ hours a day isn't fun, you will get burnt out fast cause at the end of the day it's a game, you wanna have fun this isn't a job! make money easy to gain, get rid of the stupid enchant system where u gamble 30 mins of grind to get a book you don't want, let us choose the books we want + make it easier to get the exp needed. as for the caves - replace it with the usual end style PVP area, where u hit silverfish and can only sell it outside, grinding sets can be done at silverfish I think PVP should be the meta economy, but sugarcane should be able to provide enough money for the rest of tnt if u choose to do cane, and u should also be able to obtain sets through cane/hitting blazes at base, the point is u need to be able to make sets + money through PVP and just sitting at base, PVP just needs to be like 30-40 % better than grinding at base to make the risk worth it. the richer everyone is, the less scared they are to lose their stuff which eventually leads to more PVP, raids, and just a fun fluid gameplay because you're not scared of losing your sets, but if u lose a teamfight u will probably lose the KOTH or be forced to go back to grinding cane again.
STOW:
its gonna be a short one. calculate how long it should take to run to a corner with pearls, and disable flight for that duration of time. the introduction of faction bundles: let's assume snapcraft resets today. you get a full faction to play (i believe it's 10 players rn) and u get 5k each. in other words, you can't do anything. in the current eco, I'd give each faction at least 5mil, maybe some temp ranks but that's up to the owner's business model, but the point is u need to be able to do SOMETHING. rn, if u start a faction of nonranks the only thing u can do is go to the public grinder and hit sheeps. it's embarrassing.
gameplay:
faction member limit - the limit should be reduced to 5. snapcraft is nowhere NEAR popular/has good enough staff to fully host a 10 man map, forget about it. the member limit should be 5 with an actual working faction roster plugin for a change.
events - add an LMS event that runs automatically every Xm/h/s, I don't care as long as it's consistent and just fun to play. we also need a raid event.
economy (again) - introduction of raiding outpost (during grace period too) - in short, a faction claims the outpost and has to defend it for an X amount of time, if they do it properly they get a reward (usually in the form of sets and money), if they get raided the faction who raided them gets the reward and now have to defend the raiding outpost when it opens again.
-add raid timers
that's it for this thread, when we get a confirmation from the staff team that a new reset is planned and being worked on I'll log on to the server and see if I missed anything, if I did I will make a new thread with the things I forgot to add.
PVP suggestion was a total miss. needs to be all types of pots. Some players that don't have full bright and water breathing is useful as well as jump boost can be. Debuffs are a good part of pvp with bow boosting disabled. Antidote is just super op currently. A 5-minute gapple cooldown is so bad especially because you want sets to have more duration. You'd have to run early before you run out of pots. Impossible to stay alive if getting more than 3v1ed. Easier to obtain sets is a great idea. fix all cooldowns shouldn't be super short. Realistically like 24-72 hours because it's a free fix of your entire inventory. Eco was inflated a lot this season compared to 3-4 seasons ago. Keep it simple with less money everywhere.

OP
OP
O

OriBM

Stone Miner
PVP suggestion was a total miss. needs to be all types of pots. Some players that don't have full bright and water breathing is useful as well as jump boost can be. Debuffs are a good part of pvp with bow boosting disabled. Antidote is just super op currently. A 5-minute gapple cooldown is so bad especially because you want sets to have more duration. You'd have to run early before you run out of pots. Impossible to stay alive if getting more than 3v1ed. Easier to obtain sets is a great idea. fix all cooldowns shouldn't be super short. Realistically like 24-72 hours because it's a free fix of your entire inventory. Eco was inflated a lot this season compared to 3-4 seasons ago. Keep it simple with less money everywhere.
the fact that you can stay alive in a 3v1 IS THE PROBLEM. pot pvp takes more skill, you lack skill, so you want to keep short cooldowns on gapples. but I think lots of people would prefer a pot pvp over gapple pvp which is the most boring skilless way to play the game i swear. also you have to keep in mind this is a FACTIONS server. patching is hella op when you just can never die cause u can spam gapples, you dont ever have to pot, you just gap every 2 seconds and spam blocks, way to easy to defend. if you want pure gapple pvp play kitpvp

OP
OP
O

OriBM

Stone Miner
forgot to pay attention to the pots thing you said, debuffs are annoying af when it comes to patching. you guys have to understand - raids are the core of factions, not capping KOTHS! if you want to focus on pvp play a kitpvp server

iFlyYT

Tree Puncher
Few issues with this suggestion, as a staff member of another CraftiGame server, I've heard this complaint often.

Yes! Staff members might abuse and of course, it is impossible to completely stop this however limiting their usage to play is just going to demotivate them, they applied to this server because they had fun, you are now suggesting to limit their fun and not allow them to play as there is a chance for them NOT to have fun. Its like saying that police officers aren't allowed to drive bikes as you can get into many accidents with bikes.

Regarding increase the eco, that will not help. Its a race, trying to become more rich than the other faction. If you make it faster to gain money, its not going to help you. Since the other faction is just going to gain more and it is the same amount, (if you know basic maths), think of it like ratios. 100,000 and 1,000,000. 1:10. If you make 10x more, its still going to be 1:10. Its not going to change, you have to change. You have to do more.

Though I do like the idea regarding sugarcane, I think SnapCraft should try to stick to vanilla eco instead of introducing their own (like other CraftiGame servers).

SOTW - I agree, it should be best to disable potions, pearls, flight and anything that can get you to the boarder faster with donator perks. So it is completely fair for everyone.

Member Limit - Yes! I love this idea, a 5 member limit is amazing. More factions compete against each other and in return, provides more competition.

That is all I got to say. I've never logged onto Snapcraft so I cant provide more feedback on the suggestion apart from what I've learnt from about 5 years of Factions knowledge and a few other things.

Ztrox

Stone Miner
e7e74367ea709803a42ebeeacc751094.jpg