Factions wipe

dugoutss

Tree Puncher
I feel like factions should be wiped more often it gives the players more to do and will bring you a lot of new players . Players join servers and look for a wipe time which should be posted at spawn along with payouts. When people don’t see either of those some will ask around and some will just leave I feel like last wipe was far to long and players got bored to fast and made a lot of people quit this wipe has already been going around on 5 months and it’s gonna start dying even more. Maybe make a poll and have the players vote I’m in the top faction and I could careless if u wipe it tmr we just want to experience another wipe. The start of wipes are the most fun for everyone. I’m just saying when you wipe the sever u need to be more precise about the date when it wipes next players looks for that when they join maybe do every 3 months or even 6 months anything past that is far to long and makes the players bored. It will help the players u have on your server now the ones to come in the future thanks

Blueyy

Iron Miner
Factions very recently got a reset, and although I agree with you partly. If there was a scheduled reset, say every 3 months and people wanted to play factions, there would not be much point for the lower ranked players to start playing 2 months into the season as they would loose everything they work for in just a couple weeks.
However, I do agree that resets should be 6 months to once a year

Riddim

Tree Puncher
100% agree with you on this one dug, we need a reset time and I would also love that reset time to be max 6 months, the /ftop seems pretty permanent rn , I couldn't imagine playing last reset. People love resets, including top facs.

OP
OP
D

dugoutss

Tree Puncher
100% agree with you on this one dug, we need a reset time and I would also love that reset time to be max 6 months, the /ftop seems pretty permanent rn , I couldn't imagine playing last reset. People love resets, including top facs.
Yeah even tho use and arise rule f top right now I would be perfectly fine with a reset it’s so boring at this point of the wipe and will be the rest of wipe start of wipes are so fun

Wallmart

Stone Miner
Yeah, having a defined time between wipes would benefit a lot of players and might grow the server. Good suggestion.

Qt-Gxpple

Stone Miner
I agree even though I don't play factions, it would give a chance for newer players to get into the concept of factions from the beginning. While if they start while everyone already has maxed bases and god gear, its not gonna make it fun and won't attract newer players.

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
Having played the server around 3 years, it should be about annual for resets. The issue is if maarten resets without any new plugins, people complain, and a reset is a lot of work.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Factions needs a reset I agree but people are going to complain, it’s inevitable. Maarten shouldn’t have to deal with that

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
It would be nice to have more common resets yea, but we also have other server to fix and reset so we can't always have factions reset as soon as a few people get bored. (just my opinion, not an official statement)

OP
OP
D

dugoutss

Tree Puncher
Factions very recently got a reset, and although I agree with you partly. If there was a scheduled reset, say every 3 months and people wanted to play factions, there would not be much point for the lower ranked players to start playing 2 months into the season as they would loose everything they work for in just a couple weeks.
However, I do agree that resets should be 6 months to once a year
It would be nice to have more common resets yea, but we also have other server to fix and reset so we can't always have factions reset as soon as a few people get bored. (just my opinion, not an official statement)
more then half of factions isn’t a few players but okay whatever u think maybe u should get on factions and talk to players more and you might know what your talking about

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I’m on factions quite a bit and yeah people would like a reset but you also still complain about a lot of things such as bugs. Maarten likes/needs to fix the bugs before he resets servers. He also likes to bring new things to each resets. Those take time especially as ashy said when you have multiple other gamemodes being worked on. I think 3 months is too early, 5-6 months seems more reasonable. They are also correct about newer players losing their progress and complaining about it, that happened last reset and it will always happen to anyone new before a reset and isn't something you can prevent fully.

Riddim

Tree Puncher
I’m on factions quite a bit and yeah people would like a reset but you also still complain about a lot of things such as bugs. Maarten likes/needs to fix the bugs before he resets servers. He also likes to bring new things to each resets. Those take time especially as ashy said when you have multiple other gamemodes being worked on. I think 3 months is too early, 5-6 months seems more reasonable. They are also correct about newer players losing their progress and complaining about it, that happened last reset and it will always happen to anyone new before a reset and isn't something you can prevent fully.

people have no reason to complain if the reset is communicated well and is told to players 2 weeks in advance, as for bugfixes and new content, factions players don't really want new content tbh, a reset adds enough new stuff to do it's self and it's also nice to see mixups in /ftop , most factions players don't want the bugs to be fixed, a small minority of /ftop reports them and they only do it because of the gems incentive, what we want is more stable tps and to make the kb feel less floaty and inconsistent.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
people have no reason to complain if the reset is communicated well and is told to players 2 weeks in advance, as for bugfixes and new content, factions players don't really want new content tbh, a reset adds enough new stuff to do it's self and it's also nice to see mixups in /ftop , most factions players don't want the bugs to be fixed, a small minority of /ftop reports them and they only do it because of the gems incentive, what we want is more stable tps and to make the kb feel less floaty and inconsistent.
hmm agreed

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner

Something like this tps issue is something that likely will need to be fixed before a reset happens. Maarten is going to fix bugs before resets as he always does, I don't think it matters if a player doesn't want a bug fixed because maarten does want them fixed. You are told when resets happen in advance, we don't announce it months beforehand.