Fishing

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
I just started really playing kit yesterday and A whole lot of peoople said they fish for hours. What is fishing for other than getting sticks to craft axes and also how does fishing fit in a kitpvp server?

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Hey there!
Since the reset there is a custom fishing system
This is quite unique, and basically you can fish anywhere in the map, and you can get fish of various rarities, or sometimes even things that arent fish, like a whale I believe, Anyway, some of these fish have abilities such as restoring health, otherwise you can sell them to the NPC in the ship area of the map.
As to how it fits into kitpvp, I think this is because of the risk of fishing, you can often be caught off guard, additionally with how the fish can give power ups.

OP
OP
D

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
Six people fishing at once in a circle, I walk near them, they simultaneously turn towards me, i run. Nearly impossible to quick drop one of them.

OP
OP
D

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
Is there a list of fish and their catch rate and sell price? Im tryna calculate if spending 2k on a maxed rod is worth it.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I haven’t seen a list myself, and yeah if you attack somebody that is fishing then all the others nearby will show no mercy

OP
OP
D

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
Ikr, this one guy was the target while he and a couple others were fishing. Nobody bothered him and he fished while being the target. Easiest $500 made.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
That is generally down to a few things, it could be that nobody attacks them because they are a rank (If that is the case) or because of the unofficial fishing rules i mentioned earlier, or possibly because they payed a whole lot of people for team. Maybe though nobody was interested in targeting them :-P

Marcegeta

Iron Miner
The chances are if you're fishing less people will target you but just be careful of the other people who kill fishers. If you weren't going to die than I'd say the rod is worth it, I used a grod and made 4k in 2 ish hours so It can get your money back! :)

OP
OP
D

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
Not worth the risk tho. I came to kit to have fun and maybe get a little better at pvp. If I needed money, I could spend 2 hours on prison and get 2bil from gpicking+slicing which I could convert into around 10k, risk free.
Alsoo with pvping for and hour and having fun, enchanting random items whenn i get back to 30 xp lvls, possibly killing one of my friends whenn they the target and splitting, 2k an hour of having fun isnt that hard if I get luckky with the enchants.

OP
OP
D

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
Forgot to say, I caught a whale thingy 607 cm long 2nd fish :-D. Since I didnt know that 1cm = 1$ selling to the fish witch, I sold it for 570$. Still maybe fishing is a good way to make quick cash if u lucky.

0hBilal

First Step
I am a main fisher gfighter and a player who has played kit and snapcraft for over 5 yrs now and I love the new concept of fishing for money it's super easier to get money and grind for gsets!