[Guide] How To Quit Without Being Annoying

TeamTyler

Tree Puncher
If you are a member of this server, a member, a staff member, a donor, or anything else, I'm sure you're well aware that some day in the future you will leave this server. If you are planning on doing it voluntarily, here's a straight-to-the-point guide you can follow to leave courteously without annoying the community.

Step One:
Make sure you really want to leave.

If there's something that has set you off, and you're thinking "I can't take this anymore, I'm leaving", write down why you're leaving, either in a thread or convo, or just on a document, if you don't want to say why you're leaving to the public. Now, go to sleep that night without leaving or posting that message. Spend the day away from that one thing that set you off, and then think about whether you really do want to leave the server, not just leave that person/thing behind. If you really do, go ahead and either leave or post your attention seeking thread.

Step Two:
Writing a thread.

If you did decide to write a thread, you should probably think about who actually cares. If no one you know on the server will care, don't post it. If there are a few people who will care, but not too many, post it in a convo. If you honestly think a portion of the server will legitimately give half a damn, then feel free to post the thread. In that situation where that many people care about you, then maybe you shouldn't leave the server either. But you know, it's up to you. If you doing that thing where you write an essay about how each person has helped you or made you feel better or whatever, then do it in a convo because I can guarantee the only thing you're doing is making one person feel good while everyone who didn't get an essay feels awful.

Step Three:
Leaving the server.

So, you've decided to leave, and you may or may not have left a thread or conversation on the forums in your wake. The first thing you're going to do is stop yourself from getting on the server. No one likes someone who makes a massive drama about leaving, then turns up active two weeks later. NO ONE. So, if you're leaving, then you'll want to stop yourself from getting on the server. It's not that hard. Just stop logging in to Snapcraft. But, if you think you're going to find it hard, or if you think you're going to make a drama out of it, then you may be thinking that you want to get a requested ban from the mods. This is doing nothing but wasting people's time, in your ban, and probably in your inevitable appeal. If you honestly cannot stop yourself from logging into the server, then maybe you should see a psychiatrist, because you have a serious addiction. An easier way to stop yourself from logging on is get rid of any server list, any bookmark, any mention of SnapCraft so you never think of it again. And, if you're one of those people who end up coming back when they said they'd leave, then it will be easier for the moderators if you don't have to appeal your ban.

Step Four:
Leaving the forums.

This one is easy as heck. I'm not going to rant too much about this, but do not, DO NOT, get a requested ban on the forums. It is annoying-ish on the server, but on the forums it is a MASSIVE pain. If you've tricked a poor innocent helper, or perhaps a new-to-the-team staff member into giving you a permanent ban in the past, it is, more often than not, a massive pain to get you unbanned when you inevitably want to be unbanned. On most XenForo forums only administrators can unban you, not sure if over here too? So, here is an easier, less annoying way to leave the forums behind you. Simply change your password to something random. Remember you will need to confirm your password so keep note of what buttons you hit, or even click here and generate a random password.

Well, that's about it. If I think of a step I missed, I'll add it in. Thanks for reading, and I really hope that if you're leaving the server that you do it in a polite and not-annoying manner.

Lots of Love,
Tyler.
PS: This shouldn't have offended anyone, sorry if it did.

OP
OP
TeamTyler

TeamTyler

Tree Puncher
Can a staff member please edit the title so it says [Guide] not [guide]? I can't edit the title for some reason >.<

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Can a staff member please edit the title so it says [Guide] not [guide]? I can't edit the title for some reason >.<
We weren't able to do that for you, sorry.

Nice little guide though.

BLOOOB

Zombie Killer
Maybe for once there won't be 70 "See you tomorrows" whenever someone leaves.