Help with sponges...

_P_

Gold Miner
Hey all!

Could anyone help me with this?
I am having issues protecting my base with the sponges. If you place one, it has then a diamond shape around it?
It makes it very complicated to place them to make a bigger area, it constantly says they overlap... And sometimes when they don't they create small gaps in between which are unclaimed.

Am I doing this wrong?

Emmmma

Skeleton Slayer
It doesn't have a diamond shape around it, it actually has a 21 x 21 x 21 box around it. I think this may be your problem

OP
OP
_P_

_P_

Gold Miner
Nvm, I messed up since I did not realise I was missing a sponge somewhere. I though I did have one there but I didn't

HippinSolo

Gold Miner
Hey all!

Could anyone help me with this?
I am having issues protecting my base with the sponges. If you place one, it has then a diamond shape around it?
It makes it very complicated to place them to make a bigger area, it constantly says they overlap... And sometimes when they don't they create small gaps in between which are unclaimed.

Am I doing this wrong?
The shape for a region is not a diamond, its a square. The reason why it says your regions are overlapping is because the sponges are not spaced from each other correctly. Each sponge should be exactly 21 blocks away from each other. I hope this helps you :)