I'm In Need Of A Little Help With My Connection To The Server

Blade

Skeleton Slayer
I'm been playing on the server with this system for a while now, nothing has changed as far as hardware goes, however I just got a update from windows 8 to 8.1, I'm guessing a firewall update came thew.

I now am getting the "lost connection" even if I've only been messing around at the spawn, can someone tell me how to let Minecraft thew the windows 8.1 firewall?

Thanks

iamontda

Void Walker
Not exactly sure, I know how to get through firewalls with Windows 7 but you're on your on with 8 and 8.1. I don't trust those much because people have been having errors pop up and numerous problems overall when trying to game.

OP
OP
Blade

Blade

Skeleton Slayer
I wouldn't be using it but hay it was a free upgrade. ;-) I was on windows 8 No problems at all. Then the .1 upgrade got me...... The firewall asks you for the location and .exe of minecraft, but we all know it's not launched like that ;( I'm starting to pull my hair out.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
1. Go to the charm bar. (Swipe down from the upper right corner or press Windows+C)
2. Click settings
3. Click Control Panel
4. Click "System And Security" category
5. Click "Allow an app through Windows Firewall" under "Windows Firewall" category.
6. Check "Java (TM) SE Binary" (in private and public, if you trust your wifi lol)

hopefully that works, i've never tried it so i don't know :-P