Implement ./roam on factions!

Do you think should ./roam be implemented?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Johnozs

First Step
the roam plugin would enable players to temporarily enter free camera mode where they can fly around and view areas you might not have access to view normally as there are blocks in the way. ./Roam would have a specific radius from where you are standing, eg. 64 blocks and it would disable after 30 seconds, you would then return to where you originally typed ./roam!

This is incredibly useful if you need to view the insides of an enemies base to plan a raid or other scenarios!
It has many uses.

YoStrafe

Stone Miner
Hmm, In my opinion it seems too powerful. While factions has a lot of strategy involved, it also requires perseverance and for players to react to the situation rather than expect it. That's one of the reasons hacks such as Freecam are frowned upon, as it gives the fore-mentioned hacker an advantage.

However, this is just my sole opinion and does not represent anyone elses.

Cheers,
YoStrafe

OP
OP
Johnozs

Johnozs

First Step
Hmm, In my opinion it seems too powerful. While factions has a lot of strategy involved, it also requires perseverance and for players to react to the situation rather than expect it. That's one of the reasons hacks such as Freecam are frowned upon, as it gives the fore-mentioned hacker an advantage.

Cheers,
YoStrafe

fair enough, yeah I see where you're coming from. I wouldnt call it hacks though, just helps people with raiding ect!

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I have to agree with YoStrafe, I do not feel we should implement this. I do know some faction servers allow it, but it interferes with many different things although it does come with its benefits for players.
We don't allow replaymod, freecam, I do not think we should allow /roam :-P

OP
OP
Johnozs

Johnozs

First Step
I have to agree with YoStrafe, I do not feel we should implement this. I do know some faction servers allow it, but it interferes with many different things although it does come with its benefits for players.
We don't allow replaymod, freecam, I do not think we should allow /roam :-P

I respect your opinion <3

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
I'd have to agree with wowoow/YoStrafe, if the rules were different which would allow world download/freeplay etc it would've been a nice addition.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I do also agree with wowoow and yostrafe, though not a bad idea

mortal

Tree Puncher

Cheers,
YoStrafe
u do realize that every faction uses hacks just because there isnt roam, its not like ppl hit their targets 100% of the time because they are genius

YoStrafe

Stone Miner
u do realize that every faction uses hacks just because there isnt roam, its not like ppl hit their targets 100% of the time because they are genius

And that’s exactly why staff exist. Just because “every faction” uses it, doesn’t mean that it’s allowed.