[IMPORTANT] Ettiquite

Shmixel

Tree Puncher
As insults grow to become a part of many gamers, the community's connection between each member slowly fades away.

Something as simple as "L" or "Loser" can emotionally harm someone. Anything you say can either make or break someone's day.

L

Loser

KYS

Stupid

Idiot

ANY bad word.

Not only can you make someone feel bad, but you can also physically harm someone. Telling someone to consider something that will bring them harm is UNACCEPTABLE.

Someone may regard this as a joke, but it's crucial to realize that toxicity is NOT okay.

If you see someone being rude, even it's not directed at you, screenshot and/or record the text. Report it on the forums.

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
As insults grow to become a part of many gamers, the community's connection between each member slowly fades away.

Something as simple as "L" or "Loser" can emotionally harm someone. Anything you say can either make or break someone's day.

L

Loser

KYS

Stupid

Idiot

ANY bad word.

Not only can you make someone feel bad, but you can also physically harm someone. Telling someone to consider something that will bring them harm is UNACCEPTABLE.

Someone may regard this as a joke, but it's crucial to realize that toxicity is NOT okay.

If you see someone being rude, even it's not directed at you, screenshot and/or record the text. Report it on the forums.
Pretty sure L is for lol, but I agree with what you're saying

KA0SDestroyer

Gold Miner
I say L as a joke. Thats all it was ever for. Kyzuko even said it was for those tryhards who couldnt take a loss. And yes i know that death threats and whatnot can affect someone but 'L'? It shouldnt, if you take it to heart then you rlly need to get out more. Actually if you take anything to heart said in a game then you rlly need to get out more.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
The heart of your message is in tact and important. Toxicity is everyone on the internet. Its nice to try to keep minecraft (and to our interest snapcraft) as an island, that works to keep that toxicity out. But we are all human, bonded to our human emotions. Sometimes we get heated up. But as important as it is to be nice to each other its equally important to be thick skinned. I fear we are bringing up a generation that will be very soft, sensitive, and easily broken. Its a fear that is not irrational. Our enemies in this world ( no matter what country you call home) are quite tough, quite thick skinned, and quite ready to take advantage of that.
Trust me, I was bullied bad in school. After graduation the bullies you knew as a kid become drunks, no-bodies, and low. Trust me, that prom queen, or football star. They wont get to take that around with them when taxes, kids, bills, and health all start filling up their days.
Minecraft (Snapcraft) is a beautiful and vibrant community. We are alive and thriving because we (for the most part) work together. Your message does remind us all to be kind to one another for the sake of it. But we must keep that in balance and remember this: "This is a video game, sometimes players get angry. Sometimes that anger causes us to retaliate by the only method we have...the chat." We just have to learn, to take it on the chin. Try to reason with the other person. But I guess if its bad enough, report it and let staff decide.
<Picks up soapbox, puts it back under chair, sits down>

iNaateee

Gold Miner
The heart of your message is in tact and important. Toxicity is everyone on the internet. Its nice to try to keep minecraft (and to our interest snapcraft) as an island, that works to keep that toxicity out. But we are all human, bonded to our human emotions. Sometimes we get heated up. But as important as it is to be nice to each other its equally important to be thick skinned. I fear we are bringing up a generation that will be very soft, sensitive, and easily broken. Its a fear that is not irrational. Our enemies in this world ( no matter what country you call home) are quite tough, quite thick skinned, and quite ready to take advantage of that.
Trust me, I was bullied bad in school. After graduation the bullies you knew as a kid become drunks, no-bodies, and low. Trust me, that prom queen, or football star. They wont get to take that around with them when taxes, kids, bills, and health all start filling up their days.
Minecraft (Snapcraft) is a beautiful and vibrant community. We are alive and thriving because we (for the most part) work together. Your message does remind us all to be kind to one another for the sake of it. But we must keep that in balance and remember this: "This is a video game, sometimes players get angry. Sometimes that anger causes us to retaliate by the only method we have...the chat." We just have to learn, to take it on the chin. Try to reason with the other person. But I guess if its bad enough, report it and let staff decide.
i agree with everything you said

Air_Racer64

Zombie Killer
I agree with everything you said. (y):-D