Added Improved Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookethly

First Step
The censorship on Snapcraft is to say the least... inconsistent. Not only is it inconsistent, it is easy to bypass as well, simply by combining two words together will any word be uncensored. There are also some words that I do not think should be censored. Words like "lag," "hack" and "cheat" seem undeserving to be censored. They are uncensored in mostly any other server I have played on.

To summarize everything, the server needs an updated censorship policy.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
The censorship on Snapcraft is to say the least... inconsistent. Not only is it inconsistent, it is easy to bypass as well, simply by combining two words together will any word be uncensored. There are also some words that I do not think should be censored. Words like "lag," "hack" and "cheat" seem undeserving to be censored. They are uncensored in mostly any other server I have played on.

To summarize everything, the server needs an updated censorship policy.
i gotta agree with this, especially with lag. you aren't even allowed to say i think i'm lagging because it just stops you, i always end up saying lagag instead of lag because of this

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
'hack' and words associated with that are censored because people call out hackers in public chat 'bla bla is hacking!!' - If a staff member is online, you should message them about the issue rather than airing it in public chat, because this may result in the player in question to turn off their 'hacks and then theres nothing we can do about it if we can't get proof. However, I have acknowledged the fact that people bypass both hacks and lag quite frequently.

RyRy__

Zombie Killer
I do agree with this to some extent...
However, bypassing filters will not be tolerated on Snapcraft and players will be warned and muted if they bypass the filter more than once. So ideally nothing needs to change as it shouldn't be addressed in chat or tried to be addressed as stated above by Joe.
I do understand how annoying the filter may be where it censors specific words like 'Lag' :-(

kcin2

Iron Miner
I can understand their logic behind filtering them, but it's a little much. For lag, it's completely unnecessary. The message it sends you when you say it is understandable. Blocking your message entirely is incredibly annoying. Honestly, been saying some form of laggaging ever since the message started being blocked instead of only sending the message.

- Although I'd say that message needs reworked, remove the 2 blank lines to make it less spammy in chat, and instead of the line were it says bypassing the filter will result in a mute, replace it with a message that directs the player to report lag in the discord, rather than only in a support ticket. Perhaps mention trying /tps

As for hack/cheat; I can understand not wanting hackers to turn off their hacks or whatever because someone calls them out in chat whilst staff is trying to watch them. I could argue that it doesn't matter that much and that I personally disagree with disallowing "hackusating" but hey, to each their own.

However for the most part, when someone is called out in chat by your typical person, they'll say some form of "hack". Which on its own would likely take care of the majority of accusing that hinders staff who are trying to do their job. That said, I'd suggest unblocking saying cheat, but keep the message.
This is especially annoying since the word is used in common conversation, and isn't limited to just being used to accuse people of cheating. I'd like to think most staff can see that as well, considering I have never been told not to bypass any of the numerous times I've said cheter, cheet, etc. when not accusing someone of hacking, but just having typical conversation, sometimes even with a staff member.

- But like the Lag message, revise the message it sends you aswell

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
'hack' and words associated with that are censored because people call out hackers in public chat 'bla bla is hacking!!' - If a staff member is online, you should message them about the issue rather than airing it in public chat, because this may result in the player in question to turn off their 'hacks and then theres nothing we can do about it if we can't get proof. However, I have acknowledged the fact that people bypass both hacks and lag quite frequently.
I agree with the hack filter, but with the lag if you say I think I’m lagging for example, you can’t even say that, which sucks

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
I have added a new message when referring to lag and the message will no longer be blocked.
w2rRvJz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.