Declined /invsee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Hello!

Quick suggestion on my end and it's for access to /invsee on the following gamemodes:
  • Skyblock
  • Survival
  • KitPvP (Maybe) (Edit: This might not be a good idea for kitpvp but pls consider the other 2)
As this is a command that is allowed on Prison, I don't see why it can't be added to the listed game modes above as it is not abusable as people can only look at peoples' inventory and obviously not take items from it. It poses no ingame advantage but I believe, like it is on Prison, would be a used command that could be a fun addition. It could be applied to the following ranks;

Skyblock - Pro+
Survival - Elite+
KitPvP - Paladin+

As said above, it's not a command that's really needed, however could be a cool little addition to be added!

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I like this idea for survival and skyblock as it is not really any difference to having it on prisons, however I feel it does not fit for kitpvp and it would be seen as an advantage since kitpvp is mainly pvp with about no other concepts while skyblock and survival aren't mostly pvp gamemode.

OP
OP
Wacky

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
I like this idea for survival and skyblock, however I feel it does not fit for kitpvp and it would be seen as an advantage
Yeah it's why I put a "?" on kitpvp, because I wasn't too sure whether it'd be a good fit for that or not but y'know might as well give it a shot

Salvatore

First Step
Love the idea wacky, an addition on skyblock or survival could help fix some problems with griefing, so I support it 100%

RYRYND

Tree Puncher
I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and say I'm not in favor of this at all. You say it provides "no ingame advantage" and would be a "fun addition" but I don't like the idea for the fact that some people may not want you to see what's in their inventory. Some people, like myself, who used to pvp on Skyblock would never want someone to see the gear you have on your person (gapples, sword, etc.) unless you're from the outside looking in. Although I understand the rationale behind it being a perk for certain donors, I really feel as if this could be so immensely overpowered. I don't love that it's on Prison either but I certainly would not want Kit PvP or Skyblock to get this command. I can't speak for Survival as I don't usually play on there. So it's a hard downvote from me but good thinking anyway.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I definitely agree with this Wacky!

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
I feel like I could see this being a cool concept, however I also feel like that would really put others whom did not pay for a rank, or a high enough rank in a huge disadvantage when it comes to pvp. Let’s say you are whatever rank, and you invsee on a non rank or a lower rank and you see their gear is way better than yours, and if you had not seen their gear, you would’ve fought them. But instead you don’t, therefore keeping the nonrank from potentially killing that ranked person, therefore benefiting the ranked and just leaving the nonrank to not be able to pvp with said person.
Even in a non pvp setting, what is the point to this? The only thing I could think of is trading items in game, but I feel like there’s other better ways for people not to get scammed.
I honestly don’t really see any upsides to this, I don’t see how it would be considered “fun”, besides snooping in other people’s inv, I’m sorry. I also just think it would probably upset a lot of the lower ranks, and rightfully so.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Also I can’t edit my last post so sorry for double posting, but even if it weren’t a thing on Kit, pvp is still a thing on survival and I’m almost positive skyblock as well.

Backus

Void Walker
i'd have to disagree :-(

when i say "tp for free diamonds" - i don't need someone doing /invsee just to see that there's just a sword in my inventory and no diamonds. i'd appreciate if you did not ruin my luring tactics but good suggestion

TheCrazyCorn

Gold Miner
For kitpvp is a big nono, you can see how many sets people have, what the enchantments are etc. This would make you for example take 1 more set than they have.
Invsee on kit would be too much of an advantage.

OP
OP
Wacky

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and say I'm not in favor of this at all. You say it provides "no ingame advantage" and would be a "fun addition" but I don't like the idea for the fact that some people may not want you to see what's in their inventory. Some people, like myself, who used to pvp on Skyblock would never want someone to see the gear you have on your person (gapples, sword, etc.) unless you're from the outside looking in. Although I understand the rationale behind it being a perk for certain donors, I really feel as if this could be so immensely overpowered. I don't love that it's on Prison either but I certainly would not want Kit PvP or Skyblock to get this command. I can't speak for Survival as I don't usually play on there. So it's a hard downvote from me but good thinking anyway.
I feel like I could see this being a cool concept, however I also feel like that would really put others whom did not pay for a rank, or a high enough rank in a huge disadvantage when it comes to pvp. Let’s say you are whatever rank, and you invsee on a non rank or a lower rank and you see their gear is way better than yours, and if you had not seen their gear, you would’ve fought them. But instead you don’t, therefore keeping the nonrank from potentially killing that ranked person, therefore benefiting the ranked and just leaving the nonrank to not be able to pvp with said person.
Even in a non pvp setting, what is the point to this? The only thing I could think of is trading items in game, but I feel like there’s other better ways for people not to get scammed.
I honestly don’t really see any upsides to this, I don’t see how it would be considered “fun”, besides snooping in other people’s inv, I’m sorry. I also just think it would probably upset a lot of the lower ranks, and rightfully so.
Also I can’t edit my last post so sorry for double posting, but even if it weren’t a thing on Kit, pvp is still a thing on survival and I’m almost positive skyblock as well.

Thank you for your responses I do appreciate them and do 100% see where you are coming from. What I thought of when considering this idea was that /invsee has been a part of the Prison community for a long time now, and prison is/was one of the most popular places for pvp. I have never seen anybody complain about invsee giving an unfair advantage to someone on prison, but I see why you guys may think that.

JACOBSKI4

Tree Puncher
irl deals are a thing, you dont have to pay real money for ranks

AndreasManU

Zombie Killer
I just don't see whats the need for it.

Why would you want to know peoples inventory anyways? It's like knowing peoples age. Let some people lie about what they have in their inventory just like some do with their age.

Also it will gain a massive advantage in the pvp aspect and also deletes the fun aspects to troll with people. You are saying it's a command that will be used in fun uses. But all in all it is the opposite. It's only good for people to stop scamming items but other than that let people be suspecious about peoples inventories. Bc atleast in the pvp community people are already unsure whenever to drop in diamond due to the other peoples armour and how many sets they bring. It is probably the same for skyblock and survivals pvp aspect. So it will bring a big advantage to the pvpers on this server and will just lead to less fighting which isn't gonna be fun, right?

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
irl deals are a thing, you dont have to pay real money for ranks
I never mentioned real money, just that ranks having this perk while nonranks, don’t.
Thank you for your responses I do appreciate them and do 100% see where you are coming from. What I thought of when considering this idea was that /invsee has been a part of the Prison community for a long time now, and prison is/was one of the most popular places for pvp. I have never seen anybody complain about invsee giving an unfair advantage to someone on prison, but I see why you guys may think that.

I mean just because you haven’t seen anyone complain, doesn’t mean they haven’t and doesn’t mean they necessarily want it. I just don’t believe any of the reasons given were reasons that were good enough to implement this. Again, I don’t see how it would be “fun” or useful in any way. What are you going to do, ask someone if they have something and then if they don’t want to give it to them, then /invsee and see that they’re lying to your little pixelated face?
Again thank you for the suggestion because it is an interesting suggestion, I didn’t know Prison has had it. I saw on the Factions page that the Faction owner can now do that, and I do see a reasoning behind that and I like it. If this could be implemented another way, maybe such as just being able to use it on your /friends or maybe even guild members either at a certain rank then that would be worth discussing.

OP
OP
Wacky

Wacky

Creeper Hugger

Why would you want to know peoples inventory anyways? It's like knowing peoples age. Let some people lie about what they have in their inventory just like some do with their age.

Also it will gain a massive advantage in the pvp aspect and also deletes the fun aspects to troll with people. You are saying it's a command that will be used in fun uses. But all in all it is the opposite. It's only good for people to stop scamming items but other than that let people be suspecious about peoples inventories. Bc atleast in the pvp community people are already unsure whenever to drop in diamond due to the other peoples armour and how many sets they bring. It is probably the same for skyblock and survivals pvp aspect. So it will bring a big advantage to the pvpers on this server and will just lead to less fighting which isn't gonna be fun, right?

I do see your point yes. However I do know that it is a well used command on prison, having access to it myself as a Boss ranked player. Players do occasionally say, for example, "Hey Andy, check my inventory!" And with the /invsee command you'd be able to do that with ease.

With regards to your comment on it being a "massive advantage in the pvp aspect", I do not see it like this. As I said replying to Kirsten's response it has been a command that has been accessible to Elite+ since I can remember. As I also said, Prison is prominent for its pvp, I'd even go far enough to say that it's pvp is more popular than Survival and Skyblock, although these servers do have the aspect of pvp, it's not directly what they are for unlike Kitpvp and factions etc, so I personally do not see this having a massive advantage at all.
I never mentioned real money, just that ranks having this perk while nonranks, don’t.

I mean just because you haven’t seen anyone complain, doesn’t mean they haven’t and doesn’t mean they necessarily want it. I just don’t believe any of the reasons given were reasons that were good enough to implement this. Again, I don’t see how it would be “fun” or useful in any way. What are you going to do, ask someone if they have something and then if they don’t want to give it to them, then /invsee and see that they’re lying to your little pixelated face?
Again thank you for the suggestion because it is an interesting suggestion, I didn’t know Prison has had it. I saw on the Factions page that the Faction owner can now do that, and I do see a reasoning behind that and I like it. If this could be implemented another way, maybe such as just being able to use it on your /friends or maybe even guild members either at a certain rank then that would be worth discussing.

Maybe something like having it for guild members/friends could be looked into however I have no idea how that would be implemented, but having it as something that is accessible for a particular rank is still the best way forward in my eyes.

Thank you for all your guys' opinions, it's very good to see people engaging with this thread.

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'll bring another idea to the table. Maybe there could be a command implemented where people can type "/invseetoggle" so no one can invsee them.

Sellman5

First Step

I agree, finding someones age may be invasive to some, let us be dishonest about our inventory. I think this is a unique comparison to adding an Inventory See feature in the sense that it might be too invasive, but also result in a dramatic change in strategy.
After compiling some research, I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, and additionally I agree with this clever analogy. Invsee shouldn’t be added to any servers (in my opinion). Let me elucidate on that; Invsee is a massive advantage for any gamemode, and while you could argue most prosperous pvpers would purchase a high rank on a server generally to get superb items, which I think is OK. However, invsee brings things too far. A line should be drawn at some point, but when you can view another players inventory, you can start to develop a strategy on killing them, something they wouldn’t be able to do at all if they did not have this feature. If invsee were added anywhere (although I think some players would also be contrary to this) it should unconditionally start at a fairly low rank.

Just so I am forthright here, and because my post may be a bit vague at some points, personally I am against invsee but if it were to be added, it should certainly start at a lower rank.

RYRYND

Tree Puncher
I do see your point yes. However I do know that it is a well used command on prison, having access to it myself as a Boss ranked player. Players do occasionally say, for example, "Hey Andy, check my inventory!" And with the /invsee command you'd be able to do that with ease.

I'm going to try and go through what you said the best I can. What really bothered me in your response was your example and how with /invsee, players can go through other inventories "with ease." I don't remotely agree with this due to the fact that the only players who would be able to use /invsee "with ease" are donors who actually paid money to use the command. It does not benefit the large majority of those who are nonrank and want to check out Andy's inventory. If you want to see the item they have, they can simply show you it in the /trade window if they wish. Just because it is a "well used command on prison" doesn't necessarily make it a good one. I used to pvp a lot back in the day and I would never want anyone to see my inventory as that is an invasion of privacy that we do not need. Quite frankly, if this command was implemented, in my opinion, it would kill the pvp community, those that don't want others to see the gear they have, and definitely deter me, as a player, from pvping anymore on any subserver other than Kit PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.