Is there any way to improve FPS when having TONS of Spawners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_ap0cryphal

Tree Puncher
I have this issue on Survival, but I imagine I'm not the only one & it's not the only server it happens on. We have over 500 Spawners in our base, and my FPS is extremely bad when looking towards them. Once I look another way, the FPS goes back to normal. Note: turning animations OFF in Optifine (or similar mods) only removes the fire around the Spawner, it doesn't stop the rotating mob inside the spawner, which is causing major FPS drops.

I've been researching online & supposedly, you could use a resourcepack with invisible animations or something like that, but I've been unsuccessful in finding any. So, if you know any solution to this (maybe a mod that works on the server & turns off the animation? or a resourcepack similar to what I said?) I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
do you use badlion? Also change particle settings as well i think that might help

FatSecurityGuy

Skeleton Slayer
Try lowering the smooth lighting setting and lowing your chunk render distance or as a last resort try to fidget with your max framerate, all of these are found in "video settings" let me know if this helps.

I suggest taking a photo of your settings just incase playing with them makes it worse etc.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Try lowering the smooth lighting setting and lowing your chunk render distance or as a last resort try to fidget with your max framerate, all of these are found in "video settings" let me know if this helps.

I suggest taking a photo of your settings just incase playing with them makes it worse etc.
i have bad memories of when i messed up my settings and couldnt reverse them

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
particle settings is what worked for me, also there were couple of things which i cant remember but i'll edit this message if i do

Marcegeta

Iron Miner
A good thing to do I have not seen in the thread is to apply more ram to your Minecraft launcher, I personally run minecraft with 5gb of ram so I can get 80+ fps with around that much spawners myself.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Hi, please don’t comment on threads inactive for over a month. This is to prevent bumping threads to the top of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.