Added Kit PvP Kill Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry101

Tree Puncher
Not too sure if this has been posted before, if it has then my apologies in advance.
KitPvP Suggestion

It would be pretty nice if kill keys didn't drop upon death on this server (implying they stay in your inventory). I think they're earned keys for kills you obtained, and it would make sense to secure these keys even if you're quickly killed after having received one. This addition would make it easier for newer players to save keys and get pots/money/better chain gear; as well as the fact that it would increase the motivation behind keeping kill keys by quite a lot (as it currently stands people just drop the keys to stay down in pvp because they'd rather keep getting kills than be forced to go spawn and use them before dying).

I know this concept was implemented in becto Kit PvP with both vote keys and kill keys, but I believe it'd be a better idea with just kill keys, not the vote ones. The reason behind that is that the voteparty encourages mini-events of people running around trying to kill as many people as possible for their vkeys, as well as the fact that if someone votes and drops with his keys usually it would be their fault to begin with.

lauraWinchester

Gold Miner
+1 agree

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I agree and think this would be a cool addition.

JustMini

Tree Puncher
I agree with this one for sure, for starters it's hard to gain better loot because of the already very heavy packed (top) players on the server.
With this system in place, it would give other players a much better chance to gain some good loot as well. Vote up from me :-D

legendsarising

Tree Puncher
I disagree with this. If anything it should be for the rare keys and have their drop rate slightly upped, for kill keys, if this were to be implemented u could kill with out a worry and hater up tons of keys, technically at this point it would break the economy with how many strengths are in circulation, how much $ people can easily make, and potions / names tags people can get. By dropping down you should always know you have the Rick of losing anything in your inventory that u can’t get from a kit. I feel this is plain and simple and that should apply to the keys as well. It’s not like we give the keys out for free when u spawn in or join. You fight and earn them then have to safely get out without trying to lose them.

OP
OP
Curry101

Curry101

Tree Puncher
I disagree with this. If anything it should be for the rare keys and have their drop rate slightly upped, for kill keys, if this were to be implemented u could kill with out a worry and hater up tons of keys, technically at this point it would break the economy with how many strengths are in circulation, how much $ people can easily make, and potions / names tags people can get. By dropping down you should always know you have the Rick of losing anything in your inventory that u can’t get from a kit. I feel this is plain and simple and that should apply to the keys as well. It’s not like we give the keys out for free when u spawn in or join. You fight and earn them then have to safely get out without trying to lose them.
I think upping the spawn rate of rare keys would break the economy more seeing as it's the only viable way to get protection V armor. Definitely don't think the spawn rate of those keys needs to be changed.

I understand where you're coming from, at the same time I believe kill keys are earned keys for every kill you've obtained. You shouldn't garner the risk of losing this item after having already confirmed a kill, seeing as the effort for the kill was put in by you regardless. I also disagree with what you mentioned about strength, seeing as I've seen nothing but complaints regarding the shortage of strength on the server in the past few weeks. I wholeheartedly believe having a few more strengths to go around would encourage more god fights, as well as possibly even encourage dropping down in iron with 3 min strength's a more frequent scenario. As it currently stands the better way to make money is fishing regardless, and whilst people may sell strength for high amounts this change shouldn't decrease the value of strength by too much.

I think this is a much needed change since kill keys as they currently stand aren't used very frequently, and whilst I understand where you're coming from I still fully support the suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.