Added KitPvP Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Hi all,
My suggestion is to only allow a player to use a normal golden apple once every 5 seconds. My reason people in basic P1 dia armour can dominate everyone at the bottom with such simple gear, and if they get low can gapple spam and they'll gain health as they're doing so despite being hit at every opportunity.

Also will allow people farming in general kit gear to have more of a chance at killing.

Wiggy.

lauraWinchester

Gold Miner
i disagree, if this implemented the new players in plain iron will have no chance they can be killed in the 5 seconds easily and have no chance to eat a gapple and heal and it will discourage them from playing, maybe if a lower cooldown was added to prevent eating constantly such as 2 seconds

Curry101

Tree Puncher
Such a controversial topic, wont lie. Spamming gapples infinitely is quite literally impossible to beat if you're outnumbered, making the strategy super frustrating to go against. This being said, it ends up as a double-edged sword in your advantage should you jump into water areas and just heal to full whilst others can't deal enough damage to finish you off.

Honestly whilst the change would take some getting used to, I'd +1 this idea; seems pretty interesting to take into consideration and factions already has a feature mirroring this concept. However, it would probably end up being very difficult for newer players without a rank to survive without gapple chugging, so I'm not entirely sure where I stand on this addition.

Could do with or without it, so maybe it wouldn't be necessary.

OP
OP
GlowWiggy

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
i disagree, if this implemented the new players in plain iron will have no chance they can be killed in the 5 seconds easily and have no chance to eat a gapple and heal and it will discourage them from playing, maybe if a lower cooldown was added to prevent eating constantly such as 2 seconds

Understand that, but also can be dis-heartening to be swinging at the same person who has donated for 30 seconds for them to gain health and then die after all that work

lauraWinchester

Gold Miner
Understand that, but also can be dis-heartening to be swinging at the same person who has donated for 30 seconds for them to gain health and then die after all that work
that why i recommend that if it is added it is a low enough cooldown so that people cant eat the gaps constantly but also so it does not effect normal use of gaps, 5 seconds just seems to long of a cooldown

OP
OP
GlowWiggy

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Such a controversial topic, wont lie. Spamming gapples infinitely is quite literally impossible to beat if you're outnumbered, making the strategy super frustrating to go against. This being said, it ends up as a double-edged sword in your advantage should you jump into water areas and just heal to full whilst others can't deal enough damage to finish you off.

Honestly whilst the change would take some getting used to, I'd +1 this idea; seems pretty interesting to take into consideration and factions already has a feature mirroring this concept. However, it would probably end up being very difficult for newer players without a rank to survive without gapple chugging, so I'm not entirely sure where I stand on this addition.

Could do with or without it, so maybe it wouldn't be necessary.

Non donors spawn with 1 gapple anyway, so they cant chug if they've just dropped down into PvP. Only way this would happen is if they loot a body, meaning they'd also get armour too most likely so from that perspective it wouldn't make much difference.

lauraWinchester

Gold Miner
Non donors spawn with 1 gapple anyway, so they cant chug if they've just dropped down into PvP. Only way this would happen is if they loot a body, meaning they'd also get armour too most likely so from that perspective it wouldn't make much difference.
non donors do have access to the member rank which gives them an additional 2 on top of there 1 when they do /kit and on kit most higher ranks throw out the spare gapples so they are usually much more common to find on the floor than armour is

legendsarising

Tree Puncher
I am fully 100% against this. It then ruined the point of gathering gapples from killing kids, and if you have the gear to survive u should be able to chug a gapple to do so.

ItsKyloo

Tree Puncher
+1 I've agreed to a majority of this Idea but at the same time, it'll make it easier for p1 iron players to gank up on these p1 diamond players. If you take into account "Gfights" this will also make this kind of unfair to an extent or other people in p1 diamond going against each other. This will make it pretty much completely useless to "gap" while in a fight increasing the potential of "qd" by like 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.