Should insiding be bannable?

• Yes

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

P2B4

Tree Puncher
Making insiding bannable would force people to stop relying on using only this method to get ahead, which would in turn encourage more people to learn to cannon to complete raids which would then cause the game to be more active and fun due to more skilled players being made. Most factions servers have insiding stated as bannable in their rules. Although I understand that that this difference helps make snapcraft unique in comparison to other servers, there are reasons for this rule to be in place. Factions should be about legitimate raids being completed with skill and planning, not just losing everything you've worked for because another faction planted someone inside instead of raiding legitimately.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I agree with this idea, it seems most bigger factions if they can’t be raided everyone tries to inside them because they don’t know or can’t figure out how to raid, it would be more of a challenge and actual skill involved with raiding if insiding was not allowed. Plus bribing to inside was made illegal so why not just make a whole rule completely against insiding.
+1 :-P

paac

Stone Miner
i agree with this. 90% of the big raids last wipe were insides

OriBM

Stone Miner
I agree, it will also allow new players to join factions. Rn it's just so hard, almost impossible to gain trust and join a faction due to insides. The game will be more challenging and fun to play, and faction leaders wont spend their time worrying about insiders and ownering land for hours.

redstonedudeHD

First Step
a new player joins, creates a faction, literally impossible that he has any trust built up with any online members this can limit the size of the player base as people wont stick around if they don't have other members as you just don't stand a chance as a solo faction. i strongly agree with this being implemented. +1, good idea

The thing is, many faction servers have banned insiding because it runs the enjoyment of the game and it really doesn't qualify as a legit raid since you literally disable all of your enemies defenses using an alt. +1 This is a good idea.

Last edited:

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
Factions is about trust, I just feel like there should be more restrictions that you can enable. Such as disabling flight in owner claimed land for non ownered people. I don’t know, I do know it’s mainly ethreal that insides, but it’s part of the game, I also think bribery rules for insiding are unclear as well.

Aurifxy

First Step
I agree, but insiding is very subjective. Personally I would prefer insiding to be bannable as well since it's very difficult to find new members and even trust them to be in the faction. It's become natural to be careful about inviting new people especially with no rank, and barley anyone new plays anymore. +1

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
As said above, I feel like it's really difficult to trust new people that want to join your faction as a result of insiding being allowed. Personally, I have already declined a few people from joining my Faction as a result of being terrified of people insiding us, as insiding takes no skill, all it takes is for someone to be friendly and then boom you're in the hierarchy of that faction. It would also enable people to raid properly such as withering and cannoning.

+1 from me

De_Franklin_WaWa

Tree Puncher
As said above, I feel like it's really difficult to trust new people that want to join your faction as a result of insiding being allowed. Personally, I have already declined a few people from joining my Faction as a result of being terrified of people insiding us, as insiding takes no skill, all it takes is for someone to be friendly and then boom you're in the hierarchy of that faction. It would also enable people to raid properly such as withering and cannoning.

+1 from me
I agree, same problem here i can barely find any new people that i can trust and have declined to invite people before just to avoid getting insided. +1

Basit_k26

First Step
Before I begin my explanation, could the above user named "Dirty_Nschos" please stop talking? An inside is a inside, there won't always be a way to find out if it was paid for or not. You're so desperate to make everything Ethreal related.

In my honest and humble opinion, Snapcraft Factions allows a lot of things that other faction servers consider bannable and I think at this stage claiming "it's what makes the server unique" is a force of habit.

The reason insiding is bannable on most faction servers is because its considered completely unfair. For example, a faction spends their time and money grinding for an F top paypal award and hours before the map ends, they get insided by a player and lose their position on F top. I don't think anyone here would want that to happen to them so that's why servers make insiding bannable. However, snapcraft isn't like that. In the past, factions have been insided and still been able to rebuild because of how long the maps are and most factions are playing for enjoyment and not f top payout. (I can see how this could be changing now since there's f top payout)

Things to consider if making insiding bannable:
Can you rollback chunks? Assuming the map is 6 months long, a lot of insides can take place in that time period. Can you keep up with insides?
Will all factions receive a rollback/get their items back? Even factions with 2k f top value can be insided. Or will you make it so that only insiding factions on f top page 1 is bannable?
Can you ensure the insider wont transfer value to an alt and log on a VPN later?
How can you, as staff, be sure it was an inside? We all know certain players will try to fake an inside to double their value. (Maybe some sort of chunk logs or something)

There would be a decrease in insiding but I doubt the number of people using legitimate methods to raid would increase.

I would also urge you to consider tackling the root of the problem. The reason people are able to easily get their alts into factions is because factions are always looking for power. How about, along with making insiding bannable, you allow players to have more than one alt. This way, they won't need to invite players they don't recognise for power because sufficient power is available from alts which will turn decrease the amount of insides happening.

OP
OP
P2B4

P2B4

Tree Puncher
Before I begin my explanation, could the above user named "Dirty_Nschos" please stop talking? An inside is a inside, there won't always be a way to find out if it was paid for or not. You're so desperate to make everything Ethreal related.

In my honest and humble opinion, Snapcraft Factions allows a lot of things that other faction servers consider bannable and I think at this stage claiming "it's what makes the server unique" is a force of habit.

The reason insiding is bannable on most faction servers is because its considered completely unfair. For example, a faction spends their time and money grinding for an F top paypal award and hours before the map ends, they get insided by a player and lose their position on F top. I don't think anyone here would want that to happen to them so that's why servers make insiding bannable. However, snapcraft isn't like that. In the past, factions have been insided and still been able to rebuild because of how long the maps are and most factions are playing for enjoyment and not f top payout. (I can see how this could be changing now since there's f top payout)

Things to consider if making insiding bannable:
Can you rollback chunks? Assuming the map is 6 months long, a lot of insides can take place in that time period. Can you keep up with insides?
Will all factions receive a rollback/get their items back? Even factions with 2k f top value can be insided. Or will you make it so that only insiding factions on f top page 1 is bannable?
Can you ensure the insider wont transfer value to an alt and log on a VPN later?
How can you, as staff, be sure it was an inside? We all know certain players will try to fake an inside to double their value. (Maybe some sort of chunk logs or something)

There would be a decrease in insiding but I doubt the number of people using legitimate methods to raid would increase.

I would also urge you to consider tackling the root of the problem. The reason people are able to easily get their alts into factions is because factions are always looking for power. How about, along with making insiding bannable, you allow players to have more than one alt. This way, they won't need to invite players they don't recognise for power because sufficient power is available from alts which will turn decrease the amount of insides happening.
I agree with everything you said 100%, put it much better than I did lol. the extra alt idea is extremely good imo aswell

Boufe

Stone Miner
I Disagree

Insiding is a part of the game, if you are insided; and raided. I can see how it might make you upset. However, if you don't want to be insided, don't invite people to your faction that you don't trust.

It is more or less on you if you loss a lot of Faction Value to insiding. I suggest that you let the new faction member gain your trust through discord before you show him/her one of you main bases. And if you don't want to do that, keep a close eye on them while you are online, and remove their permissions when you are ready to leave.