MORE SEVERE PUNISHMENTS FOR HAKERS ( not sure if you are allowed to say the full word in forums)

KA0SDestroyer

Gold Miner
Ok i personally think staff should start punishing players who hak longer.

First things first, the helpers should be allowed to ban players who are blatantly haking for 1-2 days. I think helpers limits are 30 minutes and thats pretty short for any server. The reason for this is because i have seen players come back again and hak, then get banned for 30 minutes and they do it all over again. Sometimes mods and admins arent on so they cant ban them longer.

1 week bans to 1-2 MONTHS. Mods and Admins should change the 1 week bans to 1-2 months. This will show the haker that they should not hak and hopefully change their ways.

IP BANS. This will show all those guys that have tons of alts that they wont get away with haking.

EmPlayzMC

Stone Miner
Yes I totally agree and I think helpers should at least be able to ban up to 1-2 days and 7 day bans to be one to two months... Totally agree and you can spell hacker fully in the forums lol

Backus

Void Walker
It's not too big of a deal only having a 30 minute ban. If the player comes back after the 30 minutes they will most likely get rebanned for another 30. It doesn't take too long for other staff to lengthen the ban, but until then helpers can easily reban them.

For the ones with many alts, they don't get away with it. When a player is banned, any alts that they have are also banned.

EmPlayzMC

Stone Miner
It's not too big of a deal only having a 30 minute ban. If the player comes back after the 30 minutes they will most likely get rebanned for another 30. It doesn't take too long for other staff to lengthen the ban, but until then helpers can easily reban them.

For the ones with many alts, they don't get away with it. When a player is banned, any alts that they have are also banned.
But you should've seen yesterday there were players that were banned 4 times by staff and there was no mods or anything...

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
I get why helpers only get 30mins, they're new to it all, some do it wrong, misspell names etc so 30 minutes isn't very long if admins isn't around to unban the wrongly banned player. Admins can ban how long they want (perm as well). And the first ban is a week cause it's like a "second chance" so that's a decent time I believe.

OP
OP
KA0SDestroyer

KA0SDestroyer

Gold Miner

Yes yesterday a plauer was banned by a helper several times (rebans) but then he/she left and the hacker came back until another staff member came on.

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Yes yesterday a plauer was banned by a helper several times (rebans) but then he/she left and the hacker came back until another staff member came on.
Yes cause they have a life outside of the computer and can't be available 24/7

OP
OP
KA0SDestroyer

KA0SDestroyer

Gold Miner
I get why helpers only get 30mins, they're new to it all, some do it wrong, misspell names etc so 30 minutes isn't very long if admins isn't around to unban the wrongly banned player. Admins can ban how long they want (perm as well). And the first ban is a week cause it's like a "second chance" so that's a decent time I believe.
Some make mistakes and that is why i believe if they are not sure they could ban them for 6 or 3 hours? Depending on how sure they are. Sometimes there is no staff but a helper. There are usually 3 hackers that i see from the time i play on weekdays. Which is 7pm to 11pm, AEST ( Australian Eastern Standard Time ). So in 4 hours i usually spot 3 hackers. There is only 1 helper who can ban them but he/she may have to leave soon. And i have kept watch on how many staff are online and how many there are at different times.

Now onto the full scenario without me going off topic.
1 Helper ( I will name him Dave )
3 Hackers ( H1,H2 and H3
In 3 Hours the next mod will join
The Helper has to leave in 45 minutes
The hackers have all the time in the world since their life is so miserable the only thing they do is hack on MC
Onto what happens:
Some guy goes into survival to get Dave to check the hackers. (The helpers 45 minutes start now )
Dave bans H2 because it was not obvious since he had a ghost client. ( 30 minutes left )
He Also bans H1 H2 5 minutes after H2. ( He has 25 minutes )
25 minutes later Dave decides to reban H2 then leave.

After a while a decides to join kitpvp. There he is swarmed by 40 players to ban the hackers. He does so but he doesnt know the players suffered alot from the hackers.

Oh and dont even bring up the anti cheat since all ot does is kick them.

OP
OP
KA0SDestroyer

KA0SDestroyer

Gold Miner
Yes cause they have a life outside of the computer and can't be available 24/7
Yes i know they have a life and i am not criticising them. I am saying that their should be longer punishments so hackers dont have a while of free time of hacking

~Crafter~

Blaze Estinguisher
Helper rank is given to those who apply for it. An application only shows so much about a person, whether they will actually be a good staff member or not is to be seen in time. Can you imagine if a new helper abused their powers and banned half the server for 1-2 days? Or if they were not used to being a staff member and thought someone was hacking when they weren't?

People are only promoted to mod if Maarten trusts them, meaning he knows what they are like in game and knows that they won't abuse there powers. Meaning the chances of abuse in the higher ranks is far lower than it is with helper (not saying that any of our helpers abuse, just saying it's more likely that they would compared to mods or admins).

There is also other reasons why helpers aren't able to ban for longer than 30 minutes, but those are the main 2.

P.s. There is no helper called Dave @KA0SDestroyer :-P

Maxm

Stone Miner
Helper rank is given to those who apply for it. An application only shows so much about a person, whether they will actually be a good staff member or not is to be seen in time. Can you imagine if a new helper abused their powers and banned half the server for 1-2 days? Or if they were not used to being a staff member and thought someone was hacking when they weren't?

People are only promoted to mod if Maarten trusts them, meaning he knows what they are like in game and knows that they won't abuse there powers. Meaning the chances of abuse in the higher ranks is far lower than it is with helper (not saying that any of our helpers abuse, just saying it's more likely that they would compared to mods or admins).

There is also other reasons why helpers aren't able to ban for longer than 30 minutes, but those are the main 2.

I agree with you but when @KA0SDestroyer called a helper Dave he was being hypothetical as to not put any blame on anyone.

vugvug24

First Step
I think that the server should do a log system that if hackers have repeated offences then the bans get more severe, like if the first offence is 30 minutes, it gets logged then the second offence is 1 hour, etc.

~Crafter~

Blaze Estinguisher
I think that the server should do a log system that if hackers have repeated offences then the bans get more severe, like if the first offence is 30 minutes, it gets logged then the second offence is 1 hour, etc.
That's the system we have. First ban for combat hacks is 7 days, then we perm them. Only helpers can't ban for 7 days, so a mod or admin does it.

OP
OP
KA0SDestroyer

KA0SDestroyer

Gold Miner

I used the name Dave as an example.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
@KA0SDestroyer

I feel that you have to understand that with great power, you have to acknowledge the responsibility they carry on their shoulders. Yes, 30m for a ban length is fairly short, but keep in mind that helper rank is the first staff rank stage. You'd have to expect their permissions to be more limited than the moderators and admins. It all comes down to trust in the system. As the staff stair (levels/ranks) goes up, more permissions are granted. Not saying higher staff ranks are the ones to blame, but remember helper rank is the lowest, which you would expect them to have fewer powers. For the fact that helpers do not have the permission to execute an unban on players either, 30 minutes is rather the "playing-it-safe card." There has been cases in the past where new helpers have accidentally banned a player, but the outcome would not have been so severe.

It is hard to say if it's inconvenient for the entire server; however, I find it crucial to limit the permissions.. especially at players who are brand new to the staff team.

And yeah yeah, I totally get that freaking it's stupid to wait and look for a staff member to get on the case, but for me, I at least try to understand what they are tied with. Lol. Honestly, if it all comes down to me, I'd take it down to my own hands.
I'd go on and report the player anyway. I'd rather be satisfied knowing that that person will receive a punishment later than never.

@~Crafter~
+ lol he used "Dave" as a random name to identify a helper in his little case scenario.