Natural Hostile Mob Spawning not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexw9988

First Step
Hey all!

I just started today with Skyblock on Snapcraft.

After building a cobblestone generator and farming a bunch of blocks, I finally built the first floor of a natural hostile mob spawning system. It is a proven design and I definitely know what I'm doing, it's this one in case you're interested:

The problem is: I never get any spawns, except for one single zombie I got when I climbed the ladder up to the mob system. I idled near the farm (but at least 24 blocks away from it) for quite a while, sometimes doing some stuff around the island, but I never got any spawns.

When I look up at the platform and hit F3, I can see that there is not a single entity up there at any time I checked - except that one time a Zombie spawned in there.
In fact, all my farm animals also disappear from the F3 entity counter when I move about 25 blocks away from them.

Is there some special mechanic on the server that prevents natural mob spawning? What am I doing wrong? On an empty map I should already be getting tons of spawns from that dark area that I have.

Thanks for any tips,
-Alex

Loxo

Stone Miner
Mobs do spawn naturally. The spawn rate is not that high, but mobs still spawn without spawners.

Status
Not open for further replies.