Need Staff Help? Click.

iamontda

Void Walker
I've noticed quite a few people posting their requests for help on the Snapcraft chat board.

0wl8Ofi.jpg
While all Staff are registered onto the Forums, we unfortunately don't look at the chat or Forum 24/7, meaning that most of the time you won't get any response to your plea. This Thread will help you fix that.

Staff members such as Helpers and Moderators have global permissions - this means that they can help anyone, anywhere. Because I'm a Builder, my role is to build on Creative, meaning that I spend a great chunk of my time there, and only really have permissions in Creative itself. Because other Staff can help anywhere, let's say that you're in Survival and all of the anvils are broken. You can press and hold the Tab key to see who's online. If there are no blue or red nameplates popping up (or orange in Creative), that means that there are no Staff on in the server (which is rare for Survival). What do you do?

Well, there will be at least one Staff member on, but they'll be somewhere else in Snapcraft. You'll have to pop onto Creative, Factions, or another server and try Tabbing again. Once you locate someone, use /msg [Staff Name Here] [Your Message] to tell them what you need. Example: /msg Lozlpowzah Anvils are broken in Survival, can you fix them?

Don't be afraid to ask any of us for anything. Helpers volunteered for this, and they tend to be the coolest of the Staff :-P I used to be afraid of outgoing people like Aaron, but they are simply older and have seen a few things, or tend to be blunt because they have ten different things going on at once.

Over and out.

iKaamboo

Zombie Killer
Today around 4-5 pm Australian there was no staff on any servers. so yeah staff aren't always on.
Ik as I'm from Australia too. But it's pretty late for them at that time. And btw iamontda :-P I aint scared of asking Aaron or Ale. After all they wanted to take the role. Nice threada though will help new and old :)

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
Don't worry, there should be that one staff member that is forced to stay on 24/7, and soon replaced by another after death.

PieIsGood

Void Walker
Adding to that-

Most of the time when there aren't any staff, and its a busy time and you check all the severs out and there aren't any red or blue name tags? Well that is because of the following reasons-

They are AFK
(Applies to aaron mostly) they are in vanish mode (can't see them in tab or in person, and can't msg them) but they are still online. That is when you shout or tell a rank to shout a msg saying aaron plz msg me or aaron ___
They are on a white listed server such as hg or eg since those are having work on them they could be adding/ building on that server.

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Sydney time is only 5 hours behind my time, so I would likely go to bed near that. Then the guys from Europe are about to get up, and they'd only really be on if they didn't have school.

Sorry about that, I was thinking in summer terms. But relatively you should be able to find someone. Also I understand going AFK and vanishing, too. It bugs me as well, but it's something we have to deal with.

I think, since some people like to vanish but still chat, that they just don't want to be pestered or have people tp/tpa'ing or spamming everywhere in /msg. It happens. But I wouldn't expect all Staff to be vanished.