Declined Offer (New) Players Incentives to Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatore

First Step
The popularity of Snapcraft has began to dwindle as of lately. What could be a solution to increase popularity and ensure longevity out of people? That's right, incentives.

I'm not talking about measly login rewards, nor am I talking about in-game money for play time milestones. I'm talking about cold, hard cash. We've all been in a situation where we're trying out something new, whether it be a new food or buying something. You know what those two things have in common that keep people doing it? Dopamine; the pleasure chemical. Do you know what else releases dopamine? That's right, the acquisition of money. People LOVE money, and if people can get money by doing something, they'll keep doing it. That's why I suggest that we offer incentives to players in order for them to stay playing.

I know what you're thinking: "but we already have an incentive system: gems!" You would be correct in saying that, but are gems going to pay the rent? Get you gas? Buy your lover a sweet bouquet of red roses? Absolutely not. Do you know what will? Dinero. Moolah. C-A-S-H cash.

Anyone will do anything if money is involved, which is why an incentives program or feature would be extremely beneficial to keep Snapcraft popular and populated.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I disagree with this quite a bit, you can’t really expect a server to pay their player base to play. That seems like a joke, staff aren’t even paid how would you expect playerbase to start being paid. You shouldn’t need money to play if you actually enjoy the server, paying would just have people on for money what’s the point of it

Lamacide

Tree Puncher
bad idea martin needs to earn money or why would he keep the server running plus the only reason i play snapcraft is because i can know everyone on the server

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I don't really like this idea -1

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Rather Maarten spent money on advertisements and resetting servers than paying people to play.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Rather Maarten spent money on advertisements and resetting servers than paying people to play.

The way forward, as ash said, is advertising, server resets, new updates, events. Not paying our own players to come play the server.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Paying players to play seems a bit off to me, but this was a nicely made and well thought out suggestion, don't let this discourage you from making suggestions in the future, as suggestions are what helps the server be ever more new and exciting for the player!

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
I highly disagree with this suggestion, although I appreciate your intentions with making it. It’s simply not feasible to implement something like this. Perhaps another form of incentive could be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.