Raiding. A writing by zcep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basit_k26

First Step
Dear reader,
It is with great sorrow that I must inform you of the following news. I have failed to engage in any raiding since my last most amusing writing.
I write to you on this most devastating evening to discuss a matter of utmost importance at once, for it needs to be attended. I wish to keep this short and simple, for the convenience of all parties involved.
I have come to come to an awareness of the fact that the most used command on Factions, /fly, has been hampered with. There is no longer a 3 second warning for the ceasing of the ability to fly in foreign territory. Oh how my heart skipped a dozen beats when I found myself falling from such high altitude with no warning.
I am to believe that it was no bug but rather an update from the server itself. I am sure it was all intended in good nature. To prevent bugs or glitches or whatnot.
With the incapacitation of Ender Pearls, there were only so many remaining methods of making safe travel to the roof of an enemy's base while raiding. I fear that it too has become obsolete. You may no longer fly to the roof of bases to count how many walls stand in your way, or admire the outstanding roof art or inspect the course of your TNT. With no way of doing this, you only encourage players to use FreeCam. If I was to be using a cannon to raid at Y:256 and the other party begins straight line patching, I have no way of getting to them to prevent them from disturbing my raid. Bows are not of great help in situations like this.
I hope you consider bringing back fly and finding other methods of preventing whatever it was you prevented by doing so.
In past occurrences, I would have /wild mid air to avoid dying by fall damage. I may no longer do that either since there is now a waiting period on both /wild and /f warp. I do not know why this was changed but I urge you to change it back to the way it was. Times were simpler.
I also wish for you to add /tpyes back to the game. Due to perms now being a thing, you cannot set home or set warp in an enemies base. If you log in the base, you end up at spawn. That is all very inconvenient. But now you cannot even call in back up if you are to face combat in an enemy's base? That sounds most absurd to me. You might as well stop raiding since 1) you cannot Epearl into a hole that you made in a base and 2) cannot TP your faction mates in to assist. I have not much knowledge of withers but I'm sure you can no longer get a wither to a skybase with a big enough claim.
Last but not least, I wish for you to target the players who abuse glitches and not solely the glitches themselves. I do not see why the game has to go to such waste for everyone when there is only a certain number of players who actually abuse. Maybe you could find some plugins to assist you on matters as such.

I do hope you read all of that cuz I spent a good 20 minutes searching up fancy English for dis. God bless you all and may you have a safe Back To School..

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
I will start by addressing the fly turn off removal(There is 15 seconds of no fall damage when leaving a claim so you won't die). With things like autoclaim and other hotkeys to claim and unclaim land people were able to fly all over the map without their flight being turned of this is of course strictly forbidden. I can, however, see the benefit of flight not being turned off when going above 256 long as you're above your own chunks and will talk to the dev to see if that is something we can setup.

There is a 2-second warmup for all teleports why should "/wild" and "/f warp" be excluded?

Regarding "/tpyes" that command still exists.

I think with recent changes ender pearls can once again be enabled in territory so that should be a welcome change.

tichirbres

First Step
Dear reader,
It is with great sorrow that I must inform you of the following news. I have failed to engage in any raiding since my last most amusing writing.
I write to you on this most devastating evening to discuss a matter of utmost importance at once, for it needs to be attended. I wish to keep this short and simple, for the convenience of all parties involved.
I have come to come to an awareness of the fact that the most used command on Factions, /fly, has been hampered with. There is no longer a 3 second warning for the ceasing of the ability to fly in foreign territory. Oh how my heart skipped a dozen beats when I found myself falling from such high altitude with no warning.
I am to believe that it was no bug but rather an update from the server itself. I am sure it was all intended in good nature. To prevent bugs or glitches or whatnot.
With the incapacitation of Ender Pearls, there were only so many remaining methods of making safe travel to the roof of an enemy's base while raiding. I fear that it too has become obsolete. You may no longer fly to the roof of bases to count how many walls stand in your way, or admire the outstanding roof art or inspect the course of your TNT. With no way of doing this, you only encourage players to use FreeCam. If I was to be using a cannon to raid at Y:256 and the other party begins straight line patching, I have no way of getting to them to prevent them from disturbing my raid. Bows are not of great help in situations like this.
I hope you consider bringing back fly and finding other methods of preventing whatever it was you prevented by doing so.
In past occurrences, I would have /wild mid air to avoid dying by fall damage. I may no longer do that either since there is now a waiting period on both /wild and /f warp. I do not know why this was changed but I urge you to change it back to the way it was. Times were simpler.
I also wish for you to add /tpyes back to the game. Due to perms now being a thing, you cannot set home or set warp in an enemies base. If you log in the base, you end up at spawn. That is all very inconvenient. But now you cannot even call in back up if you are to face combat in an enemy's base? That sounds most absurd to me. You might as well stop raiding since 1) you cannot Epearl into a hole that you made in a base and 2) cannot TP your faction mates in to assist. I have not much knowledge of withers but I'm sure you can no longer get a wither to a skybase with a big enough claim.
Last but not least, I wish for you to target the players who abuse glitches and not solely the glitches themselves. I do not see why the game has to go to such waste for everyone when there is only a certain number of players who actually abuse. Maybe you could find some plugins to assist you on matters as such.

I do hope you read all of that cuz I spent a good 20 minutes searching up fancy English for dis. God bless you all and may you have a safe Back To School..
Thanks for the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.