Reintroduction

iamontda

Void Walker
Hello everyone! My name is iamontda, iam or (irl) Marina. Recently I've felt like reintroducing myself because a) my first introduction Thread was very tacky (like this one'll be any better) and b) I feel like I've turned over a new leaf on this server within the past weeks (and many new leaves within the past two years).

So first off I'd like to- woah, wait, it's 2016?! That means Marty McFly's already gone back to the future! I'm in the wrong time zone! *hops into the Tardis* *insert time travel gif here*

Alright, so here we are in April of 2014. Sorry, the Tardis wigged out so I couldn't go back any further. This month is the month in which I join a delightful server that I've never heard of before named Snapcraft because another player named Alecdent told me to (that's an entire separate story, yeesh c;-). As Alec was building for some guy called Marten (*cough*Maarten*cough*), he takes me under his wing and us Builders conquer the world! *evil laugh* But seriously, there are a lot of things to learn about when it comes to building (Stairs! All of the stairs!) and every single Builder has their own talent. Alec can build massive buildings and sculptures, program portals, and properly use the //flip command. I can, well, make things look prettier. And use World Edit. So, for a while I was a Builder and helped polish up new builds by adding details to them.

Fast forwarding to a few months later, I shove a Helper application into the face of a few Admins and such and voila! I'm a Helper by October! *confetti* I would like to state something before I go any further, though. As a Helper, I didn't make many Reports; As a Moderator, I've created even less Reports. There are plenty of players who've made many more than I ever will (I'm not sure, but I think my grand total right now is 3). But, as Maarten pointed out to me quite recently, you don't have to throw as much time into one thing as everyone else does. Many Staff members are great at filing Reports, others are excellent at checking Reports created by players, and I'm good at checking up on my chubby bunnies here on the Forums and in-game as well as dabbling around in some builds.

Fast forwarding again, we're in June of 2015. This is about the time where things get a little wibby wobbly. As just about nobody knows, my family has just travelled across the United States from Alaska to our current home. Travelling without access to wifi for 70% of the trip can really make you wifi hungry, and during this time I consume a bunch of Youtube videos that I missed. July is the start of marching band's band camp, and school starts in August. It's my junior year of high school and I've been busy, busy, busy (by the way, I passed math this year with a 71% *more confetti*). At this point I had begun to feel guilty about not being online enough, but life really does get in the way sometimes.

Fast forwarding to some time in early 2016, a little seed of propaganda manages to pop in and make me start questioning my job and a few other things about Snapcraft that I really didn't need to question. Fortunately it's solved through an overly emotional Skype call (I'm so sorry about that xd) and my connections to the players and Staff members are stronger than ever. As 2016 grinds on, I have had plenty of time to reflect upon the people that have come and gone over- *checks watch* -two years. And, as the school year ends and changes are made to the server (as of June 1st to be exact), I've decided to turn over a new leaf.

The school year has just ended, but so much is happening. My family is moving yet again (back to our old house that was being rented by another family), band starts in July again and my senior year of high school begins in August.

So many things have happened over two years. Plans have been made and broken, people have been met and the world still spins. Here's a list of things that I'm pretty sure have happened over the course of two years: Acquired an XBox 360, bought 2 headsets, bought a Blue Yeti microphone, bought a big stuffed sloth, watched all of the Marvel movies (ALL of the Marvel movies! Except a few), ate candy, went to Crab Fest twice, found out that furries are actually very nice and friendly people, made a best friend, reunited with an old best friend, went to Disney (and the Florida keys! Very windy), checked out a few possible colleges, drew a bit, bought the entire Bioshock franchise for PC and Bioshock 2/ Infinite for the XBox (my laptop is too herpy to play past the original Bioshock), dreamed of Cubeworld becoming a buyable game again, and became addicted to WoW (yes, it happened). Those are just a few.

My favorite color is definitely green now, and I still wear graphic tees. I also have an Alliance hoodie (the last of its kind sold by Jinx) and bought Pokemon X (is that the only new game in 2 years? I don't have alpha sapphire yet). Jacksepticeye and Markiplier are two great people that I watch on Youtube as well as TomSka, UnlistedLeaf, 2gryphon and ino89777, and Undertale is one of my top video games (somewhere between Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Heavy Rain). I'm a rather short person if you didn't know (5'3") and I actually got my hair cut in October from super long to a pixie cut. I really want to go to college for a degree in theater/ technical theater to work on theater lighting, and I would also like to have a film major (being a film/ television camera operator sounds like fun). I'm definitely going to participate in equestrian clubs in college.

There are also many people that I've known over the years, but some have definitely been there for a very long time. We've seen the cool, the strange and the funny as a collective community, but these people were with me for all (or most) of it. :) @Bob2108 @Maarten @Jaide Hellspur @DaPolarBear @Frijolero @YAMPY @iKatRawr @Cookie @Butters @Vicky @LegalSense @Alecdent

I hope I can keep working with this community for a long time. I can never stress this enough, but in Minecraft I have family. I first had a family in a tiny group of players playing on a big server that had lost popularity simply due to the sands of time. Now I have a family in a massive, fluctuating crowd of players that can change by the day. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Now, I've easily spent 3 hours on this and I have Forums advertisers to take care of. Andiamo :)

DaPolarBear

Zombie Killer
we will be with you for the years to come <3

Butters

Zombie Killer
We will always be sticking with you for a long time, including me. I love Snapcraft it's community a ton and I won't be leaving it any time soon. Thank you to you Marina, for also helping this server out a ton. You're a great staff member along with everyone else on the team. See ya on Snap later (:

RefinedBird

Zombie Killer
sup

Kath

Creeper Hugger
I am definitely the strange in this community.
Anyway, thanks for sharing iamontda ^_^ I agree about what you said about Snapcraft, and I gladly enjoy spending my time on the server near everyone else. Also, good luck on your dreams to be a film major and theatrical work. It's been a fantastic journey, hasn't it?