Rules For New People on servers - Not currently shown in fullview

Devil_Within_You

Tree Puncher
So i was watching fact stating on prison (some called it arguing some called it toxic) it was neither, everyone has an opinion and should be able to state it in chat and thought id do a little research on it, now i know facts were right in a sense that /rules unless directed to it by staff or by players is not in full view, players especially new ones will not know what it is they can or can not do on a certain server. There is no announcements that direct them to /rules only announcements that would portray this if it was written into it would be /help and How to prison guide however /rules are not there. /warp help doesn't even have a sign that says /rules. After many years on snap i have always had people come in and the first thing they ask is what do i do or some non intentionally would do things that are rule breakers chat related, but most do not know what it is they are and aren't meant to do, they do not know what warp manager is and even if they right clicked it still no /warp rules. Unfortunately not everyone has common sense in this regards.

SO

A suggestion would be to either have a book spawn in there inventory with starting armor with links to access

An announcement should be created to show something along the lines Please read the rules /rules

/warp help and Warp Manager should either have a sign /rules or a warp to be created that has the rules to read

Now i know for a fact a select few would read them, some wouldn't bother unfortunately sign of the times with younger players who do not like to read, most likely this will get skimmed over by them because of the all the text. This would in my opinion help the server it will also help the new people and we all know older players on the server should know these rules but it is also good for them to review them again in some shape or form that is visible.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
A server-wide announcement in chat just directing people to read rules with link would be nice I think. Basially the message in /rules just as an announcement lol It would allow those who play long enough and who are interested enough to see it and take a look and hopefully spread the rules around a little more

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Just like Factions there is a link to the Factions Guide on the forums, so yes I don't see why Prison wouldn't be able to have something like this which would direct them to a help guide.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
+1 good suggestion

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
So i was watching fact stating on prison (some called it arguing some called it toxic) it was neither, everyone has an opinion and should be able to state it in chat and thought id do a little research on it, now i know facts were right in a sense that /rules unless directed to it by staff or by players is not in full view, players especially new ones will not know what it is they can or can not do on a certain server. There is no announcements that direct them to /rules only announcements that would portray this if it was written into it would be /help and How to prison guide however /rules are not there. /warp help doesn't even have a sign that says /rules. After many years on snap i have always had people come in and the first thing they ask is what do i do or some non intentionally would do things that are rule breakers chat related, but most do not know what it is they are and aren't meant to do, they do not know what warp manager is and even if they right clicked it still no /warp rules. Unfortunately not everyone has common sense in this regards.

SO

A suggestion would be to either have a book spawn in there inventory with starting armor with links to access

An announcement should be created to show something along the lines Please read the rules /rules

/warp help and Warp Manager should either have a sign /rules or a warp to be created that has the rules to read

Now i know for a fact a select few would read them, some wouldn't bother unfortunately sign of the times with younger players who do not like to read, most likely this will get skimmed over by them because of the all the text. This would in my opinion help the server it will also help the new people and we all know older players on the server should know these rules but it is also good for them to review them again in some shape or form that is visible.
Maybe every time you join the server, in your chat it could have a link to the rules or something like that.

hallinn

Tree Puncher
yes, and what clients are allowed i see alot of players getting banned becuse they are on a client thats not allowed and they had no idea that it was a rule in the first place