Saddest Scene In Movie/cartoon?

LegalSense

Void Walker
Hi guys! I got bored so I decided to make a thread on showing a sad scene from a cartoon or movie. Just try to find the clip on youtube and post it. Also, you should explain what events led up to the scene and what is happening.

Here's mine!

Cartoon: Code Geass (Anime)

Scene: Shirley loses her memory

Summary: There's a guy named Lelouche who obtains a special power called Geass. The power allows him to control a person when his geass power comes into eye contact with someone. He is only allowed to use his power once on a user, it cannot be used more than once on the same person. Shirley in this scene, is a regular high school girl. She loves Lelouche and has had a crush on him ever since. She wants to be with him but all of that changes after she points a gun at him and her father dies. Lelouche rebels against his own society. He is a normal high school student, but in reality, he goes undercover as someone named 'Zero'. As he launches his attack on tokyo and wins the battle. But the cost was great. When he heard about it on then news, he saw Shirley crying. Lelouche soon found out that her father was one of the soldiers during his attack and he killed her father. Lelouche felt bad and confronted her. The scene is the scene Lelouche using his geass on Shirley to make her forget about him. He knew she loved her but he didn't want to cause her anymore pain. He had to do what was right in order for Shirley.

Clip-

I swear I can't stop re-watching this scene! It made me cry soo bad. I suggest you watch the whole anime; code geass. It is ranked as one of the top 10 anime of all times. It won't disappoint, I swear!

Also just to clear out to parents, all cartoons aren't bad! Most animes like this one actually teach a lesson. This anime teaches so many themes and morals that are hidden, but shown in a rather dramatic/romantic/action scene. This anime has a really big message to it, so I'd suggest watching it!

Last edited:

YAMPY

Obsidian Miner
No..... No.... This is the saddest childhood moment of my life! R.I.P MUFASA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cri everytim :'(

Alecdent

Stone Miner
I don't feel like describing it but..
When yoshio dies in Clannad Afterstory.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
Does anybody remember that one scene in Pokemon (the very first series) when Pikachu runs away from Ash to be with his Pikachu buddies? that was REALLY sad. I mean REAAALLLYY sad, i cried when i first watched it (when i was like 7 or something) and i still do XD

Also the movie AI (Artificial Intelligence) is entirely a very sad movie...

noahsponge

Diamond Miner
Does anybody remember that one scene in Pokemon (the very first series) when Pikachu runs away from Ash to be with his Pikachu buddies? that was REALLY sad. I mean REAAALLLYY sad, i cried when i first watched it (when i was like 7 or something) and i still do XD

Also the movie AI (Artificial Intelligence) is entirely a very sad movie...
300px-IL039.jpg

iamontda

Void Walker
Spoilers galore. Also be ready for some reading, this one's complicated.

Anime: Death Note

Scene: Death of L and Watari

Summary: Light Yagami, an ordinary, intelligent schoolkid who hates evil, comes by a notebook called the Death Note accidentally. The Death Note kills anyone who's name is written in it, either causing a heart attack 40 seconds later or by specifications written by the writer themselves. After testing the notebook on a local criminal, Light explains to Ryuk (Shinigami owning the notebook) about his plans for a better, crime-free world.

Once killings become more regular, the renowned detective L (or Ryusaki) notices. L fakes an appearance to be broadcast only in Japan since it's large, displaying the name of the person appearing for him. He finds that Light, now publicly called "Kira", is within Japan once the man dies. During a cat-and-mouse game of L and Kira, Misa pops up with Shinigami eyes (cutting your lifespan in half to see a person's name and lifespan by looking at their face). She becomes Kira's accomplice and regretted girlfriend. Her Shinigami is Rem.

L and Light meet and start working to get Kira, and Misa joins the work as well. After manipulating Rem into an inescapable corner, she kills L and Watari (and herself; killing specific people for personal gain turns a Shinigami to dust; plus, she is a Shinigami and already has the eyes, meaning she knew L's name the entire time), leaving Light as the second L.

Clip-

L is the awkward, black-haired kid, and Kira/ Light is the red head. Rem is the only Shinigami in the video.