Sc2 Pvp Suggestion?

dillbert5142

First Step
After recently playing Snapcraft 2.0 (although relatively late) it's quite noticeable that all the PvP happens in /warp end. Previously in SC1 a very large proportion of the PvP would take place within the PvP Arena at spawn. The arena had lava, a pit in the middle, surrounding Ender Chests to quickly change armor and four separate entrances. This allowed non-donors to PvP easily without a disadvantage in a fun, casual atmosphere.

In the current state of the PvP arena, it's much smaller and without trying to put the current arena down, it just isn't as good as SC1. This is mainly due to things which it lacks; fundamentally, its still a PvP arena yes, but it doesn't have that element of danger such as lava, the mad herds of people swooping in for heads/recently dropped diamond gear (only 2 entrances), ease of access (chests), the feeling just isn't quite the same. To add to this, as the majority PvP happens in /warp end, people with housing or flying have such a significant advantage and it's not quite as good. The reason for lack of action maybe the position from spawn, meaning there's much less newbie action.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? Could the current PvP arena be upgraded/improved upon? Is there an issue or is it just my bad timing (I'm from the UK so I play at very different times and there's a high american population)

Thanks for your time, Dillbert5142.

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner
I pvp in the end because I get 11 fps in the end instead of the 4 fps I get in spawn. Consequently, I kill more people in the end, therefore it is more fun!

DaSpaklez

Gold Miner
I completely agree with dillbert. i use to pvp a ton in SC1, but now i hate to do it, and i will never buy a god set. (that is just to say how it affects the server/server store).

123IsIt

Obsidian Miner

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
I agree that the PvP arena at spawn isn't as good in SC 2 as it was in SC 1.

But the new (hopefully implemented) PvP arena looks cool and promising! Maybe with adding a few more features it could be the best arena yet!

123IsIt

Obsidian Miner